Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide or Reveal Pet Quirks!

by Spazmunki13 Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 12:01 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2018 at 7:59 AM by Spazmunki13 : Added missing Obsession with Minor Pets and German translation. Thank you Sarafinja!

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:58 PM
Thanks for this! I wondered what all of those hidden traits in the panel were. I think I'll go with the hider though as I still like there to be a little mystery to my pets' personalities.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 4:14 PM
'Obsessed with Gaming'. Story of my life, puppy. Story of my life.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:58 PM
Thank you for this generous sharing, we will see better what our little animals hide
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:16 PM
thanks!
omg i live it! i really hated it when i didnt know anything about my own pet and i dont even wanna try to remember them. this mod helps me a lot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 12:12 AM
Awesome, thanks!
Banned
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:07 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Thanks for this! I wondered what all of those hidden traits in the panel were. I think I'll go with the hider though as I still like there to be a little mystery to my pets' personalities.

I actually use the Hider myself. I thought I wanted to know everything, but then soon realized it took away the mystery, as you said. I also like the less cluttered Simology panel, but I figured some people would still enjoy knowing all of their pets quirks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 4:07 PM
The best option would be if the obssesions and fears appear in the panel as Sims discover it. That way it won't spoil too much, but it'll help to keep track. Don't get me wrong, I think you did a great job anyway
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimesis
The best option would be if the obssesions and fears appear in the panel as Sims discover it. That way it won't spoil too much, but it'll help to keep track. Don't get me wrong, I think you did a great job anyway

I have no clue how to do something like that, at least right now.

I'm pretty new to modding, and this is my first mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:22 PM
Nice. Now I can keep track without having to memorize every little fears and obsessions. Thanks.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
I have no clue how to do something like that, at least right now.

I'm pretty new to modding, and this is my first mod.

I figured out it'd be much more complicated, it's more my wishful thinking about how the game could've been designed Also, I'm even more impressed considering that's your first mod! Can't wait to see more
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:44 PM
Really great job for your first mod... Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
Amazing thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:51 AM
Amazing! Thank you so much for this! I've been waiting for this ever since the playable pet mod came out! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:08 PM
Thankyou so much for making this!! It really helps :D, btw is there a way of adding and removing quirks? if not are you planning to add this? thanks again :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:36 AM Last edited by MattBrancher : 7th Dec 2017 at 3:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rayimm17
Thankyou so much for making this!! It really helps :D, btw is there a way of adding and removing quirks? if not are you planning to add this? thanks again

I'm pretty sure there is a cheat to add and remove traits. But no, this is purely to have the quirks be visible/hidden.

EDIT: I did a quick google search and found these two cheats:

traits.equip_trait {TraitNameNoSpaces}
traits.remove_trait {TraitNameNoSpaces}
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:50 PM
Thanks!
That's a great mod, thank you! I've translated this mod to PT-BR, and I'll be happy if it's been useful for you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  220557DA!80000000!11583B27588018D8.Portuguese .StringTable.rar (860 Bytes, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FelixReal
That's a great mod, thank you! I've translated this mod to PT-BR, and I'll be happy if it's been useful for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to translate it. I've added it to the download.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:07 AM
My alien toddler have maxed out values good and bad after aging up from a baby with this mod lol. Never had a problem like this with any of my toddlers until now. Thanks for the hard work but I guess I can live without knowing my pet's quirks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tchang
My alien toddler have maxed out values good and bad after aging up from a baby with this mod lol. Never had a problem like this with any of my toddlers until now. Thanks for the hard work but I guess I can live without knowing my pet's quirks.

My mod doesn't touch any parenthood stuff, so your issue has nothing to do with my mod unfortunately.

It literally just changes strings so you must have another mod causing issues.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:17 AM
You're right. I found the mod causing the issue. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tchang
You're right. I found the mod causing the issue. Thanks.

Glad you were able to figure out the issue.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:54 AM
I love the Pets EP, but I have to ask.... Who the heck @ EA didn't want us to have some control of our pets? sure it's not realistic, but it's a GAME... and TS3 had full control & then some... so, again, W** EA? Smh.. Thankfully MODDERS are capable of correcting such ridiculous oversight... One Huge reason I have not, nor will EVER buy the PS4 version, no mods, No Dice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:38 PM
Sooooo happy about this! Thank you! :)
Page 1 of 3