Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Adjusted Breakage (SCAB)

by scumbumbo Posted 5th Dec 2017 at 3:56 AM - Updated 15th Nov 2018 at 11:40 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for 11/13/2018 game patch

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:06 AM
Thank you for your mods wise, again a great idea, a thousand thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:20 AM
Yet another great mod by scumbumbo! Thanks! :-D.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:47 AM
amazing idea
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:59 PM
Oh, wow! This sounds FABULOUS!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:19 AM
thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:42 PM
Brilliant!!! I am so happy that you come back, your holy presence is felt immediately XD That many months is worth it to see your sacred acronyms.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:29 AM
Really useful mod! Thank you!!! Glad that you are back
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:20 PM
Is this mod configurable per game save? I am curious because I wanted seedy homes with cheap objects breaking often in one game save, and in other game saves, I wanted well-kept homes with moderately priced (or more expensive) breaking less often.

I liked this idea!
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Is this mod configurable per game save?

No, it uses a single game-wide configuration. Any changes to that might be considered in the future, but if I changed that at all it would likely be a per-household setting with a global default similar to how I'd done in Wake Early.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
I started out using 0 to see if anything broke. Nothing at all has in a few Sim weeks. Then today I set it to 25, and immediately the refrigerator broke, but since that, nothing else has. I'm gonna say SCAB is working perfectly. Thanks so much for this. I don't mind having a few things break now and then, but having them constantly breaking, despite being upgraded, was just driving me bats!
By the way, I'm on a 2015 27" iMac, running El Capitan, and your mods work great. Just so's ya knows. Also, I love your acronyms.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:51 AM
"To install the mod manually, extract both the package and ts4script files from the download into your mods folder."
There is only a script file in your rar and a txt file. No package. Is it gonna work with just the script?

Thanks for any help, and mainly thanks for all your mods.
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simblot
"To install the mod manually, extract both the package and ts4script files from the download into your mods folder."
There is only a script file in your rar and a txt file. No package. Is it gonna work with just the script?

Thanks for any help, and mainly thanks for all your mods.

That's probably a typo, because I've been using this release and it works great (I'm also on the latest patch + Jungle Adventure).
Deceased
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:46 AM
Thanks folks, I've updated the mod description to clarify that misinformation.
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:41 PM
No update is required for the June 19, 2018 game patch.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:35 AM
LOL, love your description.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 9:53 PM
I am in love with ALL of your mods, your kindness in granting us peons access to them, your wit, and possibly you. XD
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:42 PM
Awesome, thank you :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 3:04 PM
I actually don't mind crap breaking because repairs are free, you gain handiness by doing so, and you can even loot the scrap. Hell, have your kid throw out the scrap after you've done looting it to give them a Responsibility boost. Min-maxing to the max. I might download this and start with a nice big fat 200 to make things break twice as often.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 12:04 AM
Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaulJA
I actually don't mind crap breaking because repairs are free, you gain handiness by doing so, and you can even loot the scrap. Hell, have your kid throw out the scrap after you've done looting it to give them a Responsibility boost. Min-maxing to the max. I might download this and start with a nice big fat 200 to make things break twice as often.

I usually do not mind breakage for that very reason but I HATE the breakage rate on the Washer/Dryers. It seems like they break after every 2 or 3 loads and I'm tried of it. My Maid/HandyLady is getting tried of it has well. She spending more time repairing them then she does keeping the house clean and the meals cooked for the rest. ARGH!
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 8:00 PM
Just a quick note concerning the ECO patch. I have not played much since the patch was released but it looks has if the mod is still working has I have not had my Washer/Dryers break after use. Still, I have not played that much yet and so I feel it might still be a little early to tell. I will update once I am sure.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 3:52 PM
Muchas gracias por un Mod fantástico, pero ¿alguien sabe dónde ir para cambiar el valor de los artículos?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 10:55 AM
Thank you! This should be a great addition to my heavily-modded gameplay. <3 I love your mods!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:23 PM
He might leave some errors, I have one that is spotted by Tmexi's script. I saw that the dollhouses are breaking again with the EP10 pack. A Sim broke this house, while it's stuck in my game. So, new heists are possible with this new opus. Please check this.
Page 1 of 2