Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 7:20 PM
I still sleep with a teddy bear. Also, I wear really sparkly home-made/recycled pink or purple lipstick... and I'm going to be 37 in a month. I guess immaturity keeps me young.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 10:05 PM
Going to the mailbox in a similar outfit Walter White (Bryan Cranston) wore in his fights with authority. Yes, I wear men's underwear as well as women's underwear. The fact my mailbox is across the street and not at the driveway's still baffles me. The fact I keep tabs on postal delivery in the hearth room is just something I do because that's pretty much my only chore I can handle. The fact I actually started wearing men's briefs was during an economic slump.

The fact I have the audacity to go to the mailbox without trousers should tell you how secluded my house is.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I still sleep with a teddy bear. Also, I wear really sparkly home-made/recycled pink or purple lipstick... and I'm going to be 37 in a month. I guess immaturity keeps me young.

Do what makes you happy. In the blink of an eye you will be old. We have to spend so much of our lives doing things we don't want to that we owe it to ourselves to make ourselves happy when we can.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:33 AM
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:55 PM.
You know I missed the whole virtual pet thing. By the time I discovered they existed, I also found out that they could die and not be rebooted. I couldn't make myself buy one because it would end up breaking my heart when it died. I speak from sad furbie experience.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
Mad Poster
#32 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 8:17 PM
REALLY????? I'm going to have to look for one then. What ones are the best (have those good buttons?)

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 11:00 PM
I prefer watch and read entertainment aimed at children. I tend to find a lot of young adult books don't appeal to me because they are focused on romance and tend to rip off whatever book is popular at the time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
REALLY????? I'm going to have to look for one then. What ones are the best (have those good buttons?)

It depends on what you like, really... I like the Nano pets, though it can be easy to butt-dial them into resetting by pressing both the circle and square buttons, and they also have a reboot button on the back. Most of the other virtual pets - like the tamagotchis, Gigas, and possibly the MGAs, also have the buttons on the back. Just beware the 'Tamagotchi Connection' look-alike pets with four buttons on the front.

Tip: If the "Tamagotchi Connection" looks like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TAMAGO...yAAAOSwoVNaApcT Then it is NOT a genuine Tamagotchi; it's a super-cheap knock-off that is too easy to reset.

Here is a website that shows the designs of genuine tamagotchis: http://www.tamashell.com/p1.php

But anyway, which pet is best for you can depend on your style of raising pets or simming. If you're more into routines, then a Tamagotchi P1 or P2, which poo, call for discipline, and get sick at regular timetables, might be a good one. If you believe in giving positive discipline, then the Giga Pet might be more for you, as Giga Pets don't need to be scolded unless you have neglected to train them and regularly have them do the tricks they know. Just remember that you have to re-teach them every day. Scolding them too much will make them unhappy and unhealthy. Nano pets are for people who want to be more active cyber-parents, since snacks do not increase happiness for the Nanos, from what I have experienced with mine. Scolding them is not the only thing that raises discipline either - it seems to either rise or fall randomly - but you will have to scold them if they start misbehaving. The kitties and other Nano animals will alert you when they poop, as will the Giga pets.

There are also some other vintage Nano pets like the talking kitty, puppy, and baby - those tend to be more on the expensive side (as do the generation 1 puppies, kitties, and babies) and the Nano Fighters can also be kind of pricey especially if they are new. The most expensive Nanos, however, are the Nano Puppy Family - the American equivalent to the Tamagotchi Mesutchi and Osutchi: http://www.tamashell.com/mesuosu.php and a pair can cost you over $200 - pre-owned and without batteries.

There's lots to choose from, so check eBay. It has a lot of listings for vintage virtual pets.
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
I put ice in my cereal milk because I hate warm milk with a passion.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:46 AM
I make customized recycled lipstick using very light pinks and mixing in iridescent micas and pearl shimmers, and lots of glitter. Then I wear it. Might even wear my creations in public :D

Also, has anyone here ever scrounged through their closets for their old Tamagotchi Connections, then squee'd like little girls upon finding them? I had bought two Tamagotchi connections about a decade ago, and my sis let me keep the 4.5 she bought. Now I have like... eight hungry mouths to feed.

I also have a crush on "Weird Al" Yankovic and Will Friedle.
Inventor
#37 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Thanks, @smorbie1! How many virtual pets have you owned? And what was your favourite?
'

I still own five virtual pets, one Pikachu and four dinosaurs. One of the dinosaurs was especially exclusive to the second Jurassic Park movie, although it would only live a maximum of 14 days as opposed to my first dinosaur's 19. My Pikachu is honestly more like a pedometer, as within the recent years I used it during my long walks around my neighborhood.

I can recall when these things became very popular in '97, enough that they'd be confiscated in school if caught with one. I got lucky one day when a teacher suddenly started snooping inside my backpack for presumably my Giga Pet. My only virtual pet at the time was actually home, because that little dinosaur was at his final stage of maturity and can easily last the entire school day without anything. Before that event, a hall monitor who was also a classmate of mine saw me with the little guy and was about to tattle on me. Thank goodness the final school bell rang at that crucial moment.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:36 AM
I had plenty of giga pets back in the days - and one or two of them got temporarily confiscated because I was playing with them (with the sound off, mind you) after finishing a test. For the most part, I was homeschooled so I didn't deal with that problem too much. I also had a Nano Kitty (got a new one but the casing is different) and then a few years later, I got a few of the Tamagotchi Connections and then somehow left them in my closet like a total dork. I'm so happy that I found them today Gots to get another v4/4.5 and v5. The familitchi is so cool!
Mad Poster
#39 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:34 AM
I hoard files on my computer. I'm chronically low on hard disk space, but I'm loathe to delete something in case I need it later on. I blame this on my lack of short-term memory.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#40 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 2:44 PM
I have a crush on Bill Nye, that is well known, but outer space fascinates me to the point I sent my recommendation on proper names for the 7 Trappist-1 planets. While everyone made a joke, I submitted the names of the 7 Lucky Gods of Japan for the names of the 7 planets. However, the names were a mouthful in speaking and typing, so there's a likelihood you won't hear of Planet Benzaiten in orbit around Trappist-1.

I am someone who studies culture when my interest is peaked in it. If someone were to mention fertility gods or gods of environmental factors like soil, sky or sea, I would grab a book or search articles on Wikipedia or other online encyclopedias dedicated to the subject. Even phenomenon such as the Nordic jotun or Japanese youkai are stones not left unturned.

Trust me, otherworldly matters are part of the psychology of my studies. I once noted that my father is superstitious in terms of communication and is very much afraid when Mercury is in retrograde. Personally, a truth is worth more to me than 10,000 lies.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:05 PM
For me, the "I was just being polite" lie is often the same as the "Wolf! Wolf!" lie. I'll sometimes carry on long conversations with my budgie, who seems to like my tweeting, or I'll go "Pretty bird - TWEET!" I'll also do the California quail call that a guy taught me to do - with no clothes pins or rubber bands or anything like that. I do have lots of wild quail on my property. I've also taken to browsing that horrible fluffybooru website, with plans to add the Social Worker to the storyline.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 10:22 PM
When it comes to horror, a good 85% of the time I end up having one of two reactions: utter confusion, or finding it hilarious. Another 10% of the time I get nauseous (gory stuff). The final 5% is a feeling of existential dread.

A few years ago, when the Slenderman game was popular, a friend tricked me into playing it. I actually thought the game was glitching at the end until it was explained to me. My friend was not amused.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
i laugh at horrors or gore etc

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:06 PM
I can sometimes be a nightmare fuel station attendant myself. There are times when people have to tell me specifically that they don't want to discuss that horror stuff. I also love tomato sauce and soup, and I like tomatoes when they're in a sandwich with something else, but I hate plain tomatoes and tomato juice.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM
It depends on the gore. I like all the old movies where the special effects are just silly. But I love a good scary movie, me. I don't usually go for gore, though. That's not scary, it's just gross.

Mad Poster
#46 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:49 PM
Play Pokemon-type video games.

Digimon
Spectrobes
Viva Pinata
Yo-Kai Watch

These Monster Collection games (also called MonColle for short in Japan) are pretty popular because it's reminiscent to bug collecting from long ago.

Besides, if I'm not into Pokémon at the moment, I can try something else.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
Scholar
#48 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:17 PM
i only like cheese if its on a pizza or on a burger and only like milk if with cereal

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:34 AM
I love playing with makeup and making some rather outlandish colours and combinations with customized lipstick. Including ones with LOTS of sparklies.
Scholar
#50 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:39 PM
smell my own farts

My Tumblr
Page 2 of 6