Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Tester Needed] AnyGameStarter v. 2.2.0-UC (Ultimate Collection) * UPD 25 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 25th Dec 2017 at 7:27 PM - Updated 27th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM by Numenor

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:33 PM
Official proof that TS2 is very much alive, and always will be. Thank you for coming back and giving this to the community Numenor :lovestruc
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:34 PM
You lovely man you - thanks so much for this
just a girl
#4 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
The Mansion&Garden SP is always included in the mini-game configuration

Does it mean the code version will always be the highest?
Like if I wanted to test a mod from a point of view of a player that has, say, Seasons as the latest EP, I can't do that, right?

In any case, I'm kinda excited and happy to see this tool updated. Thank you!
*shrugs*
#5 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:45 PM
Thank you so much for this. :lovestruc <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:02 PM
Yayyyy I'm So Excited!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:04 PM
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!!
I can't thank you enough for giving this a try! Oh, my, it's wonderful.
I'm downloading right away, and if I find some little time I'll be sure to do some testing. Oh, my, I may even try to build some more houses.
*runs to back up her current hood*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:58 PM
...this may be the best Christmas present this year XD So happy to see an updated AGS!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You lovely man you - thanks so much for this

We all should thank @maybesomethingdunno for compelling me to update the AGS : It was fun to come back to modding after so long

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Does it mean the code version will always be the highest? Like if I wanted to test a mod from a point of view of a player that has, say, Seasons as the latest EP, I can't do that, right?

Correct. The minimum configuration managed by the AGS-UC is Basegame+Mansion&Garden. I you have to test something in a "non-M&G" environment, you can't. I understand that this is quite a limitation for the AnyGameStarter (we should rename it "AlmostAnyGameStarter" ) but alas, there is nothing we can do to remove this limitation. The old AGS worked because the standard game contains 1 executable for each EP and SP, while the Ultimate Collection contains only ONE executable.

Quote: Originally posted by Dina Caliente
Numenor is still here?? :D

Yes I am! But I'm still in retirement (as for modding, I mean ); I only came back for this new AGS.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:31 PM
Oh, by the way... I don't know in the rest of the world, but here in Italy it's still Christmas (for about half an hour ), so...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the MTS users and staff members!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:40 PM
Numenor!!!!!!!! We all love you!!! Hugs to you and Mary Lou!!!! Merry Christmas.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:41 PM
Thank you, Numenor!! Merry Christmas to you and all of MTS!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
#14 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 11:50 PM
The Modfather returns. Good to see you, Stefano- thanks for this update!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM
Welcome back this may tempt me back to Sims 2
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:06 AM
Oh! Glorious timing - I was just starting to try to figure out how to make my old AGS work with my new UC install.
Thank you, and many blessings to you Numenor
And a very merry Christmas indeed!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:19 AM
This is truly a fantastic Christmas gift. Good to see you again, Numenor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:49 AM
Numenor! Merry Christmas and thank you very much for this updated AGS and mostly for making my day. It was a big and very pleasant surprise to se you haven't fully abandoned this community. Thank you.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:05 AM
I couldn't believe my eyes! This is awesome ... I'm still playing with disc but it's good to know that when I finally decide to switch over this is available. Thank you so much Numenor! Big hug to @maybesomethingdunno for being our advocate.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:24 PM
Numenor???? No, they left years ago. This is some type of Xmas Joke. I'm aware that for UC people like me, Any Starter is impossible.
Numenor is gone and I've accepted that. Or maybe I'm dreaming and this really is Xmas. Now this is what I call a proper present. Yippie, thanking you for everything.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 2:45 PM
Wow, what a pleasant surprise! There is clearly no doubt that the TS2 community has some wonderfully loyal fans and creators - thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:04 PM
Thank you so much!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:49 PM
Did the normal AGS get an update too? I'd love to not have to edit the registry files every time I run it. I thought you were gone forever and had mostly resigned myself.

AGS installs like this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]
But to make it work, I need to add "Wow6432Node\" to every single line, in both the AGS reg and the Full reg, as such:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\1.0]
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 6:37 PM
Thank you!
Gone Fishin'
#25 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:33 PM
You wonderful, wonderful person, you! :lovestruc The main reason I haven't got the UC but still play from disc is that it would mean I could no longer use the AGS, and I depend on it both as a modder and a player. Thank you SO MUCH for updating it! It's a pity we'll no longer be able to test our stuff in a non-M&G setup, that's one of the main things I use the AGS for today, but I get why it has to be this way. And better a limited AGS than no AGS!

Can't test this since I (currently) don't have the UC, but if and when I do get it, this will be the first thing I download.
Page 1 of 4