Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hug/Kiss/Show Video Pre-Greeting Greeting Slower/Nixer/Stifler

by Ravynwolvf Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 1:24 PM - Updated 25th Apr 2018 at 1:14 PM by Ravynwolvf

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 2:54 PM
Thank you so much for this!! I'm gonna try it out. I really have no idea what the sims teams thinks they're doing with this game sometimes. Do they even play the game enough to realize these blood curdling aspects of the game that drive us insane on a regular basis??
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM
I play at home a lot. I'll try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 7:54 PM
Sounds good, I will try.
Thanks a lot
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 9:20 PM
Thank you a thousand times! This was driving me insane.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 11:38 PM
Thank you so much for this!

Literally I told my (pregnant) sim to go get something to eat or she'll die and she ran across town just to kiss a romantic interest on the cheek. I'm like "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I'm about to make you die of hunger"

Aggravation....
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:05 AM
Working really well in my game. Thank you again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
Working really well in my game. Thank you again.

Thanks for the feedback! Hope it keeps helping.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:05 PM
Even if this is a "hacky" fix, I appreciate it so so much!! :D
Deceased
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:02 AM
Thanks for the mod, I think you chose a good approach for reducing the quantity of these interactions.

FYI - They're pushed out by the tuning S4_03B33DDF_00000000_E893309DE931811C (interactions.social.greeting_socials.greetings). It looks like there's a lot of possibilities for changes, including altering priorities of the various groups, or perhaps adding the sitting posture to the prohibited postures in tunable tests referenced in that file could be used to improve things.

I think I'll kind of like it just the way you've done it though - reducing the frequency of them but not eliminating them completely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Thanks for the mod, I think you chose a good approach for reducing the quantity of these interactions.

FYI - They're pushed out by the tuning S4_03B33DDF_00000000_E893309DE931811C (interactions.social.greeting_socials.greetings). It looks like there's a lot of possibilities for changes, including altering priorities of the various groups, or perhaps adding the sitting posture to the prohibited postures in tunable tests referenced in that file could be used to improve things.

I think I'll kind of like it just the way you've done it though - reducing the frequency of them but not eliminating them completely.

Thanks! And I'm already enjoying your unlisted numbers mod (not your first mod I've been ecstatic to find)...great idea, and I've always wanted a way to keep random sims from calling me. I did try a few other approaches to the greetings (poking around a lot in the dark). One, blocking the requirements for who does the greetings by age group, led to some unexpected results. I ended up having children stretching up and romantically kissing on the cheek, starting romantic relationships. Seems the game was determined to have SOMEONE do them since I'd eliminated the age groups that normally do. But at least I got to create a real live Maxis type bug. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:25 AM
Sounds good, I will give it a try. :)
Deceased
#13 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
I ended up having children stretching up and romantically kissing on the cheek, starting romantic relationships. Seems the game was determined to have SOMEONE do them since I'd eliminated the age groups that normally do. But at least I got to create a real live Maxis type bug.

Hehe, yeah, changing some things can have unexpected side effects. I walked away from one I was testing to take a quick break and when I came back a Sim in the household had filled nearly every available surface of the household with half-cooked meals. "Nope, can't eat that, better cook another!"

Again, thanks for the mod, and imho I think the approach you've taken with it is probably the best method - short of eliminating them completely and I kind of like having them happen occasionally.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:47 PM
Thanks a bunch for this mod! I was wondering if you could please create and share a version that disables this totally.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Ravynwolvf : 8th Jan 2018 at 7:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MrYouneek
Thanks a bunch for this mod! I was wondering if you could please create and share a version that disables this totally.

Believe me, if I could'a, I would'a. There's probably a way to do it, but it's not in my skill set. I do have to say though, that the longer I use it, the better it seems to work. It could be that it's slowly putting long timeouts on the sims in my world. All I know is, I hardly ever see more than just a little wave as a pre-greeting anymore.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! It is so badly needed. All those little interactions were driving me crazy!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 3:43 AM
The game play run smoother with this in it. Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:50 AM
It's insane to me that this still hasn't been addressed officially at all considering how it doesn't seem to serve any purpose besides absolutely killing the gameplay flow. Thank you for trying to find a solution and making our game better.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:04 PM
This may or may not have anything to do with what you've fixed, but I've noticed pets (cats especially) seem to meow meow meow calling for the attention of a sim (trying to greet it perhaps with one of these bits you've found) and the sims will idle waiting for the interaction to complete before responding to anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
This may or may not have anything to do with what you've fixed, but I've noticed pets (cats especially) seem to meow meow meow calling for the attention of a sim (trying to greet it perhaps with one of these bits you've found) and the sims will idle waiting for the interaction to complete before responding to anything.

I wouldn't think it has anything to do with the mod, simply because I didn't touch anything but the cool down time, so the interaction itself was in no way altered. So even if they somehow were used by pets, too, they should just have a long gap between the times they were available. The reason it works (I think) is that the sims don't have the buff to loot, so sims don't try to loot it, so pets shouldn't try either, otherwise humans would just stand around waiting as well.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 1:50 PM
Unfortunatelly its not working for me.. My sims still stand up during the meal to hug or kiss
Scholar
#22 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Disconnected
Unfortunatelly its not working for me.. My sims still stand up during the meal to hug or kiss

You didn't read and understand how the mod works. It doesn't stop the interaction all together. It increase the time between the time that the sims engage in the over the top greetings. So if they have a hug and a kiss before the meal, that should tide them over, so that they don't feel the need to greet each other again for awhile.
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:09 AM
Hello will it be updated soon? =]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM
I'm dying for this update as well ..
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:55 AM
Is working for 1.40 or not?
Page 1 of 2