Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM
Pleasants:
I change it up a lot. But, I have come to believe that Mary Sue is the way she is because her parents screwed her up. Coral could never have a child of her own and put a lot of expectations on Mary Sue that were unrealistic. Coral was kind of a 'Tiger Mom'. Herb, although a Romance Sim, never strayed because he and Coral were wild with the Woo Hoo. (When I play them, Coral always wants to do it!!) But Herb wants to Woo Hoo ALL the time. He never wanted a child. He is not very nice to Mary Sue. So basically Mary Sue had very little love from either of her parents and has become rather cold emotionally. She puts all her energy into work, because this is where she gets the most satisfaction. Unfortunately, she is dumb as a rock! She is not smart enough to get promotions and has no clue her husband is after the maid. The cycle of emotional detachment is continuing with the girls. Angela does well in school as a way of getting attention, but takes her frustration out on her sister. Meanwhile, Lilith is breaking the cycle by being loving towards her boyfriend. Dirk 'gets' her because he doesn't have a Mom and his Dad is all about painting. The teens provide emotional support for each other. I tend to play Daniel so he doesn't end up with the maid nor divorced, but 'sees the light' and finds that when he showers love on Mary Sue, she blossoms. Kind of sweet.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If I ever seriously play Retropleasantspot I'll have to bear this in mind, though bringing them into proximity with each other may take some doing.
They have some near connections, with Cassandra being Dina's niece and Mary Sue's best friend, and both Nina and Dina are friendly with Brandi, who knows Angela.

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Actually I gotta admit Nina always struck me as weirdly innocent for a "stereotypical" Romance Sim, her only Romance is with Don (and possibly Malcolm Landgraab IV, if you itnerpret the red haired woman in the family pictures as Nina) she doesn't have any memories of romancing Michael, she doesn't try anything with Mortimer... I always had the impression she might actually be genuinely in love with Don and that she's kinda jealous of Dinah getting all the guys.

But I like the twin mentoring idea, I might do something similar in my hood once the Caliente and Pleasant sisters exist.
I see Nina as someone who's fiercely independent and who doesn't want to settle down with anyone, which might give them the idea that that they can control her.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Angela loves nature, Lilith loves sports. Sometimes that gives something Danny can bond with her a bit over, but not often. I see Angie as looking for love and comfort. Getting A+ makes Mary-Sue love her-or at least act as much like it as she's capable of. Dustin loves her. She's looking to be loved. She's trying to do Sandy in Grease, if you're familiar with the show. (If you're not, the movie version isn't bad.)
Lilith also wants love. Dirk loves her. But Lil has never been able to get her parents to love her. (Some playthroughs Danny will give her attention over sports. This latest one, no.) Angie can successfully manipulate at least their mother into acting somewhat approving. Lil can't. I always, always have Gilbert Jacquet hire Lil and let Denise mentor her a bit. Gil is severely dyslexic, and his mom fought the system for years to get him what he needed. This is part of why he's so very loyal to her, even if it puts a crimp in his dating life. Denise is always open to helping other kids who are struggling. Always. And so is Gil, because he knows that sometimes all a 'bad' teen needs is a good adult to believe in him or her.
This playthrough, Ginny Beech happened to the twins before I opened their house (see what's happening thread) and now the girls have teamed up together, so I'm not sure what'll happen, but they definitely have the twins against the world thing going on now.

The whole story of the Pleasant family is people not knowing how to love or how to get others to love them properly.

The Caliente sisters: Dina genuinely loved Michael, he was older, but not that much older, however, Mortimer discovered Elixir of Life, now banned as too dangerous, and Michael drank it at the wrong time, and that's why he ended up dying an elder so young. Nina is dealing with abandonment issues. She pairs up well with several men and often is happy to marry and be a faithful Romance sim, but always a loyal sister, even if her sister's an idiot, and her niece is an idiot, and if Cassie'd just told her that Cassie was dating Don . . . there are plenty more men on the men-tree, and Don (in Nina's opinion) is a moron and a gold-digger.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 11:48 PM
Peter Ottomas is adopted. His mother, Dora, is actually infertile, and this caused her marriage to her first husband to fail. Some time afterwards, Peter's biological mother, a teenager who had been one of Dora's students in past years, left the infant Peter on her doorstep, knowing that she would be a good mother.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
The Caliente sisters: Dina genuinely loved Michael, he was older, but not that much older, however, Mortimer discovered Elixir of Life, now banned as too dangerous, and Michael drank it at the wrong time, and that's why he ended up dying an elder so young. Nina is dealing with abandonment issues. She pairs up well with several men and often is happy to marry and be a faithful Romance sim, but always a loyal sister, even if her sister's an idiot, and her niece is an idiot, and if Cassie'd just told her that Cassie was dating Don . . . there are plenty more men on the men-tree, and Don (in Nina's opinion) is a moron and a gold-digger.

Sounds like you're a fan of holleyberry's Dossanina Story!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
Sounds like you're a fan of holleyberry's Dossanina Story!

I've read some of it, but Holley likes Don much more than I do. Not that that's a high barrier. Sometimes the sims that bring all the drama are fun, but Don . . . eh, that boy has Issues. Most of them could be handled by talking to the ladies he knows. He needs to get off of reddit and stop reading game blogs, is what!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM
@*_Drew~ Those are some interesting ideas for who’s related to who. I’ve never actually paired Dina and Malcolm, but it seems to be a favorite for a lot of people. I often find myself trying to do the same in terms of creating more family connections amongst premades.

The family I’ve had the hardest time sorting out is definitely the Landgrabbs. In my most recent uberhood, I set it up so that the original Malcolm Landgrabb as well as his first and second wives from the console games are recently deceased, leaving middle aged Malcolm II and his much, much younger two siblings Mimi and Dudley behind. Malcolm II and Marion have Malcolm III who is in university, but already a father to Malcolm IV. His and Margaret’s accident will probably happen soon, and she and Malcolm IV already live with his grandparents while Malcolm III is still at college. This throws off most of my ships with Malcolm, but creates some fun potential pairings by adding Mimi and Dudley (as well as Pat Newbie, their “sister”).

Admittedly, I felt the same way about Angela at first, but I’ve warmed up to her with time. As far as her dating Dustin, that doesn’t necessarily make her a bad girl. Maybe she looks at him and sees the boy who just wants “someone to tell him what to do,” a boy who lost his dad and has to provide for his family. Maybe she is giving him a chance to prove that he is not the thug her father thinks he is. It could be seen as a rebellious phase or a show of empathy on her part.
Instructor
#33 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deadendpoet
@*_Drew~ Those are some interesting ideas for who’s related to who. I’ve never actually paired Dina and Malcolm, but it seems to be a favorite for a lot of people. I often find myself trying to do the same in terms of creating more family connections amongst premades.

Thank you! Well, as I said it was very random (it all started when I was setting Cornelia's relationships in SimPe) but the more I looked at some Sims, the more I thought they might have a lot in common. The main issue is the last name, although in some cases it's easy to cover; Marion Jacquet married into the Landgraab family, Ginia Crumplebottom in the Kat (although there's no clue or info at all about Mr. Kat) and Agnes Crumplebottom never change her last name and she eventually got divorced from Daniel Cordial. Kaylynn Langerak is less credible one (since she hasn't been married before), but in this case I've just changed her name. And since there's no Oldie family, Mary Sue was a Delarosa before marrying Daniel.

I can't say those are my official canons, but for the story I wanted to create those new relationship fit quite well (at the beginning I was planning to use Strangetown as well, but then it would have been too many Sims and plot-twist to manage)... Plus I have all sort of explanation for the deaths of some premades but I haven't elaborated them yet :P
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Brokes: Brandi and Skip got married their senior year of high school, and Brandi was about 39.5 weeks pregnant on their graduation day. Skip worked for Rich Mann (Widespot) of course, and his death was an accident--at least from the Mann Gang's perspective, but he was engaged in moving illegal goods at the time, so Rich handled things, and the cops were not informed. Rich is kind of taking care of the Brokes, by hiring Dustin. Dustin didn't know what his dad did, Brandi suspected but never had asked, being not stupid. Brandi never went to college, never regretted it, and thinks the very best thing anyone can do is get married and have a family. The only thing she regrets is loosing Skip. Dustin would like to quit. He'd like to go to private school and college. He looks at Junior Mann and sees a guy who is totally wasting his life, who could be and do anything. Dustin knows if he said something to Rich about how they're struggling, Rich would help them out, but then he would really owe Rich, and owing Rich is a really bad idea for a guy who wants out. So he says nothing, and Brandi pretends not to know, and says nothing, and they all just pretend nothing is ever wrong at all. But Dustin's grades show the stress he's under.

Dreamers: Daren and Darlene were older when they met, in college. They married after college, a two career power couple, and at just the right moment in time, had one child. Darlene's death threw Daren into a tailspin of depression. Dirk has been basically functioning as the parent since. Painting is the only relief from despair that Daren has found, and he fancies he has a knack at it.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM
Brandi Broke's wildest dreams came true when she married Skip Broke and got to be a stay-at-home mom. Since his death, she hasn't really had time to grieve between caring for her own body with a third child on the way, imparting fundamental skills to Beau in his early childhood, and trying to reign in Dustin's behavior. She has a passion for 1950's aesthetic and truly relishes in suburban life, something she remembers fondly about her childhood in the Newbie household. She's always been working class and has no ambition for wealth, she simply wants to have enough money for her family not to want for anything. I think once the dust settles, she'll find she actually likes the independence that comes with being single, since she never got to live her adult life without a partner before.

Dustin resents his mother for prioritizing Beau's needs over his, even though he knows he was just a baby when Skip died. They used to be really close, but somewhere after Beau was born, he started to drift away from the family. Out of all the Broke kids, Dustin is the most likely to sever ties with the rest of them.

Beau is a musical genius and can play pretty much any instrument you put in front of him.

See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:44 AM
Another sim I’ve had a had time sorting out is Darren Dreamer. I’ve paired him up with Cassandra before, but they don’t seem to match somehow. I’ve also paired him with Brandi, which made for a cute family with a very finite amount of money, but now I’m thinking she might rather be alone (in my current hood she hasn’t rolled a single romantic want.) I’ve never resurrected Darleen, so that could be interesting. Honestly, the longer I play Darren the less I like him. He seems a little bit selfish to quit his job with Dirk to take care of. It’s not fair for a teenager to be the only source of income in his family.

On a happier note, I’ve figured out a new headcanon that I like. I decided recently that Allegra Gorey could be a witch. It suits her, especially as a knowledge sim. I really like to give uni sims more family, so I decided that she would be related to the Cordials. A cousin on their mother’s side. They don’t look a whole lot alike, but they do have black hair and green eyes in common. Because of the whole power of three thing, I considered making her their sister, but that felt too off base since I wouldn’t want to change her name.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:13 AM
She could be their cousin.

For the true Power of Three, though, you'd need a Maiden, a Matron, and a Crone. So maybe you need to make their common grandmother, the witch who enabled them all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#38 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 10:03 AM
Beau Broke is naturally smart. And he likes men.

Dustin loves Angela and viceversa, but they are not in love. He is not a bad person, not at all, but he is going through the toughest time of his life and his low self-esteem is not helping. Angela is not supportive of his job by obvious reasons. Lilith, on the other hand...

Mercutio is joy made flesh and skin, but ever since his parents died, he tends to get depressed at nights, to the point that he cannot sleep.

Juliette's favourite sibling is Hermia, Hermia loves Tybalt even more than she loves animals, and Tybalt would kill everybody in the room and then himself if something happened to Juliette. I call them the platonic love triangle.

Coral and Herb have been unhappily married for as long as they can remember. Although they have hidden it so well that they are relationship goals into their granddaughters' eyes.

Many sims, particularly the oldest generations, are homophobic. Patrizio, Consort, The General and, to a lesser degree, Daniel Pleasant and Mary-Sue, are the most notorious ones. This is something the younger generations have unluckily been raised by. Lilith is not planning to change her mind. Neither is Romeo, but Mercutio is gradually succeeding in convincing him to at least acknowledge queer people. Tybalt grew up hearing the phrase 'I would rather you be a mugger than a homosexual', so he is just disgusted by the mere idea at the beginning, but he eventually accepts LGBT sims to support Puck, who confesses his bisexuality. It is not easy, but. Tybalt manages to overcome the feeling.

Also, changing the subject, I am going to found a virtual Angela Pleasant Protection Squad. The icon will be her blowing bubbles.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM
Buzz Grunt isn't necessarily a bad guy. In one version of Strangetown, when I loaded the Grunt lot for the first time, Buzz was terribly afraid of becoming enemies with all his sons. Awww. :lovestruc:

After watching the following video and its alternate ending, I'm thinking of playing a version of Strangetown where PT9 isn't the nice fellow everybody seems to think he is. Mwahahaha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9NGdpAOHM
Mad Poster
#40 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:40 PM
I always think PT9 is befuddled by sims. Like, okay, so you want alien kids? Okay, I can do that. Whatever. So he just goes along with the role the Curiouses created for him, because he doesn't know what else he could do.

Which leads to all my Curiouses headcannon, right? Glarn and Glabe were obsessed with aliens as kids. (I say they're siblings. So.) They founded a cult. Glarn got kidnapped by aliens, everything was going well, then Glabe got disillusioned: alien babies puke and poop just like sims, they aren't super-powered or anything, just babies. Since this was before all the information about aliens became totally public, the easy route to take on the birth certificates was to name Lola and Chloe as Glabe's kids. When she moved out, she naturally had custody, after all, it says right there that she's their mother. So they got raised from childhood on somewhat out of Glarn's influence. He married Kitty, they had their children, but of course the family got together for holidays and all. It made life easier to have four kids in the house than six kids.
Jenny bought into her dad's obsession wholesale. When PT9 crashed in Strangetown, and the alien cultists saved him from the wreck, she fell in love, though Kitty had already managed to get her impressionable daughter in college and talked her into finishing it before marrying PT9, simply because PT9's skills didn't translate to sim jobs. Pascal and Vidcund got 100% of the available common sense in the family, which wasn't much. Glarn died, and Kitty made sure Pascal went to college, so Vidcund nursed her through her final illness. Then he joined Pascal in college. Lazlo lived briefly with Lola and Chloe, who had graduated college already and had just lost Glabe. Lola told Lazlo that college was the best thing for being wealthy enough to not have to fret about money. Chloe told him college was lots of fun, parties every night. So he went, too. When Pascal graduated, he moved back into the family home, and his brothers joined him there.
PT9 married Jenny because it was what she wanted, it was what Glarn had wanted, etc, and found out that she was not very genetically compatible with him. Alien pregnancies are naturally twins. Always. Jenny lost one of the twins before birth when she was pregnant with Johnny. PT9 said no more pregnancies. Jenny cried and begged for years. PT9 finally gave in, and again Jenny lost a twin, but Jill was viable. They both want more kids, PT9 knows it's very dangerous, Jenny doesn't care.
Pascal inherited the running of the family cult from his dad, but really needs to produce an alien child by their rules. Otherwise, Johnny, who is half-alien, ought to inherit when he graduates. Johnny doesn't want it. He's fine with rules that say he's top of the world--half-alien, can be abducted and produce a three-fourths alien child, but he doesn't want to manage anything. This explains his cocky, better than you attitude that so irritates Tank Grunt. The Curious family views Ripp as a potential convert . . . so Jenny and PT9 always welcome him into their home.

As cults go, the alien cult is considered fairly benign by the Simnation authorities. They stay in Strangetown, where the Alien Registration Act requires all aliens to reside, they don't cause trouble. The Social Workers are particularly fond of them because they will foster any unadoptable teen male and many unadoptable teen females, and adopt any abandoned alien baby--not every male sim is willing to move to Strangetown just because he used a telescope at the wrong moment, there are often alien babies given up. The cult funded the Alien Reparations Grant for teenagers kidnapped by aliens.

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:50 PM
@Annorah made an interesting point about homophobic sims, and I have a bit to add to that conversation. In my game, Ginger and Gallagher Newson are both gay, and I happened to notice that the two of them had a very close relationship compared to their relationships with their other siblings. I also noticed that Gavin Newson in particular made a habit of poking fun and straight up attacking the both of them, so my headcanon is that Gavin is very homophobic, particularly towards gay men because Gallagher definitely had it the worst, and that is why he mistreats his gay siblings.

General Buzz Grunt is terribly homophobic, and it sickens Ripp to his stomach. Tank doesn't really care all that much, he just wants Dad's approval. Buck doesn't really understand the concept of homosexuality insofar as he has been educated (read: conditioned) to believe it is wrong. All of the boys' exposure to queer people comes from outside the home. Their mother, Lyla, was bisexual herself, but the boys don't know that.

Allegra Gorey and Castor Nova are bisexual. So is Cleo Shikibu, and she has always had a huge crush on Patricia Wan, although Patricia is straight.

Jason Larson is as gay as the day is long.

Scholar
#42 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 1:06 AM
Justin Kim is dyslexic. He tries hard with his homework, and asks Mum Cynthia and Dad Robert for help, but no matter how hard he works, that "learned to study" memory refuses to pop.

I've decided that from now on, any child/teen sim who gets homework help but doesn't get the memory after three attempts has this problem. I know it's a glitch in my game, but I might as well embrace the peculiarity!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:28 PM
Angela Pleasant: In my game she always starts off, before I can control the Sims, slapping and fighting with Lillith, every time. I can't help but see her as the spoiled brat and a bit of a bully towards Lillith because she doesn't understand why Lillith likes her goth/punk style and doesn't try to kiss butt and be a goody two shoes like her.

Lillith Pleasant: I really do relate to her. I see her as misunderstood and neglected. Angela was always the spoiled and loved one. Lillith isn't evil, she just grew up seeing her parents love precious girly, good and smart Angela and always either act like she didn't exist or ask her why she couldn't be more like Angela. I don't even blame Angela for the way things turned out, I blame their parents. I see Lillith as depressed and just trying to find herself and her way in life.

Ultimately I don't want to keep Angela and Lillith as enemies. I want them to work it out and eventually become friends, but it will be a long road but i'm sure they can do it as they both grow up and mature.

I doubt I see Mary-Sue and Daniel staying together. They ultimately fail at pretending to be the picture perfect family. Not sure where it's all going to go for them all. Daniel is just a cheater. Mary-Sue I see as trying to be the strict one, and really the one that was trying to keep it all together. Not necessarily in the best way but she was doing the best she knew how and wasn't getting any help from Daniel. I see more happiness in her future, away from him.

Nervous Subject: My precious! :lovestruc I see him as having PTSD (and I have ptsd) from what the Beaker's have done to him. He just wants to know love and has so much love to give. He's kind-hearted, he doesn't want others to suffer like he has. He wants a family but is scared because he doesn't know what a loving one looks like and if he'll do a good job. He will do a great job though. He has trouble holding down a traditional job but that's ok with him because he's happy cooking, cleaning and being a stay at home dad. He may not always act right due to lack of nice points, but he is hurting inside and isn't really mean-spirited. He's grouchy because he can't process all his pain and hurt by himself, he needs love. Pascal can give that to him if he lets him. A very much needed friend and love. Nervous doesn't believe he deserves love, not at first. The damage may not ever be fully undone but he can learn what love means and that he does deserve it and find happiness. Away from the Beakers.

Tank Grunt: Really starts out wanting to make his dad proud, but eventually realizing he can't do that and follow his heart and dreams. He doesn't initally start out understanding Ripp, thinking Ripp should also want to follow in Buzz's footsteps and all that, but eventually when he comes to realize he just needs to follow his own heart, he softens towards Ripp and realizes he was being mean. They patch things up and become brothers. Not sure what to do with Buzz, he might learn the errors of his ways over time but it'll take him awhile. Anyway Tank is really soft inside, he just wanted his father's approval so badly. He likes music and dancing.

Ripp: Also wishes he could have his father's approval but doesn't know how to pretend to be something he isn't. Soft sensitive poet though he doesn't like to show it (rhyming not intentional). Creative, caring, will defend those he loves like brother Buck and his friends Ophelia and Johnny. He's also hurting inside from his dad and Tank. Though as mentioned him and Tank will make up in time. Buzz might but it'll take longer.

Buck: Feminine. He likes the color pink and is an animal lover. Doesn't understand why their dad is a hard-ass. Is pretty much neglected because at this point Buzz has given up hope of having a son follow in his footsteps. Buck takes it pretty well, he's close with Ripp. He wishes they could all be a big happy family, but he'll take what he can get.

Olive Specter: Evil, mostly. She is a murderer. However she's also scared of actually dying, she's a murderer after all who knows what awaits her on the other side. She fell in love with the Grim Reaper upon her first murder. They ended up having Nervous eventually. Nervous not being his original name of course. She did love Nervous, being the product of her love affair with the Reaper, but she didn't know the first thing about being a mother and lost him to social services. She doesn't know what became of him but eventually finds out and she will make those Beakers pay for the way they treated her son. Mostly she just loves being evil and cares for little, but when she does care it's a lot and anyone hurts those she cares about better watch out!

Loki Beaker: While I do see him as evil in the sense of being an evil scientist, doing inhumane experients on Nervous for the sake of science and not caring about Nervous I also see him as a bit of a crybaby and overly sensitive when it comes to himself. He truly loves Circe is a bit of a romantic but I don't see Circe as truly loving him. To her he's just her partner in crime, science is better with more than one scientist and she needs someone if she's going to hand down her evil genes to the next generation. She wants an evil family. Doing science experiments and basically being that family. If Loki knew she didn't love him the way he loves her, he'd be devasted but he's a bit blinded by love.

Alexander Goth is gay

Also I have stolen Quietscheente's headcannon about Alexandra Teatherton

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#44 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:30 AM
I've always felt that Angela and Lilith shouldn't stay enemies; they had the misfortune of growing up in a dysfunctional family, where Angela was practically doted on, but Lilith virtually ignored. Quite naturally, Lilith started to rebel just to get some attention, even if it was of the negative persuasion. Anything's better than nothing, right?
In my game, the difference in the way Daniel and Mary-Sue treat the girls when they both find themselves in a sticky situation is what brings them together - they realize that neither outcome is ideal, and yes, there is some lingering resentment, but ultimately, they make up as neither girl truly wants to see the other one alone.

Nervous Subject is very much the "good guy in a rotten situation" to me. His grouchy outer shell is a shield against what he's been through, but underneath is a sensitive chap with a strong sense of justice, which is borne out when Circe and Loki have a child together. To Nervous, it's one thing for those two evil scientists to make his life a living hell, but the very idea that they'd subject (pun not intended) their own flesh and blood to any of those "experiments" is abominable. Once it is clear that they'd stop at nothing to "better themselves" in the skills department, his moral code forces him to take action. Although there is the possibility of being arrested for kidnapping, he knows he has to escape and take the kids with him, for their own safety!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
I often played the Pleasants as Daniel and Mary Sue blaming Lilith for not being a boy. Daniel wanted a son. His anger at his wife for not having the son/heir she was supposed to provide him with, was part of the reason he cheated.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:11 PM
Ah, head canons! My favorite subject-and here are mine, as I've played them.

Angela and Lillith are not enemies,but they just don't want to be paired as 'twins', as they have different personalities completely. Angela has been cast in the role of the 'good girl', and has tried to live up to the unreasonable expectations ever since. She secretly admires her twin for having the nerve to break the rules. They're never going to be friends naturally-but they are begrudging acquaintances. Angela is the one who keeps in touch with their parents. Lillith, having had such bad relations, does not.

Daniel is not a natural romancer-he'd rather read books and play chess-but all those rumors about affairs made him think that he had to live it out. It cost him his family. He sort of regrets that, but he's moved on. He sometimes runs into his ex-wife, and bears her no ill-will, as he understands that she simply got tired of his play-acting.
Mary Sue doesn't like being told she's stupid. She's kinda of dim, but she's made the best of it by becoming Mayor. Dim, but very ambitious underneath that facade. She also likes money. Money makes life so much easier. She now avoids all permanent relationships due to her last marriage.

Mortimer Goth is not the passive nice guy everyone thinks he is. He likes being a warlock, and would rather be out making potions to cast spells with. With all the money in the pixel world, he doesn't have the need to earn it. He'd rather have Bella manage it.

PT Smith is utterly confused by the humans. He doesn't understand why having green skin should make him any different when he plays by their rules. All he ever gets is Buzz's constant fighting. So what if his family is such a genealogical mess? But he won't put up with bullying.

Olive Specter would like to be reunited with the Grim Reaper, but he won't return her calls, no matter who she kills. Nervous avoids her because she just isn't the 'mom' he's heard and read about in books.

Buzz Grunt would love to be able to do anything to be friends with his boys, but his military training has turned him into a automaton, who requires constant obedience from anyone who isn't a general. He's naturally an easy going guy, but forced to be a leader. The boys don't understand this, and that's why they're so conflicted. Tank adores the facade, while Ripp (who is usually gay) does not appreciate being the focus of his father's scorn. Buck is just plain trying to make everyone happy.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#47 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Frances J Worthington III was curious where he got all the money from. So I made a story, linking him to the Tricous. After he graduated, he found a letter that his family was in Downtown and realized they were all dead. He later inherited the house and lived there.

Mitch and Max were meant to be a couple, but due to the poor chemistry. I ended up getting them with other guys. Mitch with Jason Cleveland and Max with Ashley Pitts.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
Nina Caliente actually doesn't really like dating around so much as she likes having one person to focus all of her attention on. Notice her memories in the shipped game only show a long standing infatuation with Don Lothario, and nobody else. She's also naturally quite shy. I don't think this means Nina wants to marry; commitment is the ultimate submission of her own power as an individual, at least in her perspective, but she wouldn't mind having a long term boyfriend (or girlfriend) who she can dote on when she so chooses.

Cyd Roseland considers himelf a pretty intelligent guy, but even he admits he'll always fall victim to the manic pixie dream girl fantasy. If a cute girl entertains and mystifies him, he will quite literally always give chase. The earnest and thoughtful girls are always too subtle for him to realize they're interested.

If Mortimer Goth marries Dina Caliente, part of his close relationship with his daughter Cassandra will be lost forever. Cassandra just can't wrap her head around the idea of her dad even looking at Aunt Dina that way, let alone marrying her. If he goes through with it, Cassandra's pristine concept of love and marriage (as exemplified by Bella and Mortimer) is dulled just enough for Cassandra to lose hope for finding her mom, and he perfect future family. Also, her relationship with Don will just fundamentally never work out. She loves him against literally all reason, but cheating is an absolute deal breaker. If Mortimer marries Dina and Cassandra manages to marry Don but catch him cheating, she will forever have a chip on her shoulder and carry with her some disillusionment about love and marriage.

Field Researcher
#49 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:38 AM Last edited by Annorah : 24th Feb 2018 at 5:50 AM. Reason: Heat? Wtf? Hate *
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Angela and Lillith are not enemies...

...Buzz Grunt would love to be able to do anything to be friends with his boys, but his military training has turned him into a automaton, who requires constant obedience from anyone who isn't a general. He's naturally an easy going guy, but forced to be a leader.

Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
Nina Caliente actually doesn't really like dating around so much as she likes having one person to focus all of her attention on...

My. . .Precious. . .

Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Angela Pleasant: In my game she always starts off, before I can control the Sims, slapping and fighting with Lillith, every time. I can't help but see her as the spoiled brat and a bit of a bully towards Lillith because she doesn't understand why Lillith likes her goth/punk style and doesn't try to kiss butt and be a goody two shoes like her.

How... How dare you? I will find you, Wicked89, and will eat all your shoes!

Anyway, here I have some more.

The Pleasant twins do not actually hate each other. Lilith admires Angela. Angela is everything Lilith would have liked to be, but a little part of her resents the dutiful clone. Not for the life both of them had, but because Lilith thinks Angela also sees her as a disgrace to the family. What Lilith does not know is that Angela thinks the whole family is a disgrace, including herself. Angela genuinely wants to help Lilith and see her succeed in life. She would really love to give Lilith a hand with her homework, for instance, but since Lilith barely glances at her, Angela is convinced Lilith hates her guts as much as she hates school, so Angela does not have the courage to knock on her door and make an offer. Despite all this tension between them, Lilith secretly smiles when Angela gets what she wants. And sometimes, Angela thinks about how distant Lilith is, and she just gets sad...
They both think they are a burden to each other, so they pretend the other does not exist. They argue at times, but they are mostly busy ignoring each other and brooding over the fact that they are, in a way, strangers living under the same roof.

Miranda Capp is extremely serious, yet she will always invade other sims' personal space while chatting without realising. Having grown up in a crowded house, she cannot help it. Besides, she is very cordial and warm. Juliette and Hermia had got used to Miranda and her casual closeness, especially Juliette who is outgoing and naturally suffers from the same issue. Tybalt just narrows his eyes, nudges her away as gently as he manages to put some distance, and only then does he clear his throat and answers Miranda back. Puck's brain lags and his body freezes as he stares, wondering why Hermia is not bothered at all by her cousin's behaviour.

Jenny Smith is the soul of the party when she is drunk. According to PT9, that is why he fell in love with her.

Romeo wears that hat because he is embarrassed of his predictable baldness. Mercutio enjoys snatching it off his head when Romeo is distracted, and Puck is incapable of holding back a rare but contagious guffaw everytime this happens.

Oh, and Bella Goth is no saint
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 2:38 PM Last edited by MischeM6 : 25th Feb 2018 at 8:19 PM.
In Veronaville, seen as EA screwed up their backgrounds, I have it so that Cordelia was the eldest, closely followed by Goneril, and then after a long, long gap Regan was born, and finally Kent. (Which also explains why Cordelia and Goneril's children are teenagers, whereas Regan and Kent have none). I also think of the Capp's as a matrilineal royal-esque family, and with the recent death of Contessa, Juliette is technically queen, but as she is only a teen, she cannot rule yet so Consort rules in her place until she attains age. I also feel that Capp should be reserved for the royal queen only, so spare daughters take their husbands' surnames (Goneril and co. become Normans, and Regan becomes a Dane), and spare sons take their father's maiden name (Kent becomes a Thebe, Tybalt becomes a Gale). I also see Miranda as the eldest grandchild, though roughly the same age as Tybalt.

The Monty's to me are a sort of patrilineal competing royal-esque family, which is where their clashes arise from. Patrizio is king, and given the recent death of Claudio, his eldest son, Mercutio, is next-in-line. I also redo their ages, as I see Bianca as the eldest of her siblings, and Antonio as the youngest.

I see the Summerdreams as magical beings, also with some degree of royal about them, and make them witches/warlocks with Titania being the current queen. (I also make Titania and Oberon a good bit older to justify them raising a teenager).

In this world, for the Capps and Monty's, divorce is a taboo issue which would be severely frowned upon by the upper classes. This is why though Goneril and Albany have a low relationship at the game start, they cannot get divorced as this bring scandal and shame upon the family. It is also why neither side want Romeo and Juliette to get together, as they do not want the families to mix, and cannot see a union of Romeo and Juliette ending well (which is fair, because I strongly exploit Romeo's romance aspiration and make him a bit of a f***boy).

The adult and elder generations get annoyed by (what they perceive as) the teens' lack of respect for tradition and the royal houses. This is unfair as Juliette and Tybalt on the Capp side take their places very seriously, especially once Juliette gets her heart broken by Romeo. Mercutio eventually does too. Romeo and Hermia do not, and tend to give each of their families a bad name.

I also see Kent as gay, and this is why he starts with a low relationship with his father and Goneril, as they see this as a great shame and scandal upon the family, and he is not out publicly. Contessa and Cordelia felt the same way when they were alive. Regan loves her brother dearly and doesn't care about that, which is why she takes him in, and on their part, the younger generation don't care either. Eventually he comes out publicly and marries a man (usually Julien Cooke) and lives outside of Veronaville, only keeping in touch with his nieces and Regan.

Finally, I think the couples of Claudio and Olivia and Cordelia and Caliban were killed by political talks which fell apart and led to war between the houses. A truce was negotiated, and a (bare) peace was maintained, which has now been ruined due to the recent murder of Hero Monty. (Contessa's death was natural, but as it was not long after Hero's, suspicions are aroused in the Capp camp)
Page 2 of 3