Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
The way I read she is going somewhere else in EA. They move people around alot in those companies. She is probable move to another position in the company.

I don't think so. Drake tweeted that she's moving back to the East Coast and someone in the comments over on SimsVIP dug up Drake's boyfriend's Twitter and he talks about leasing a house in North Carolina.
Advertisement
Instructor
#53 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:59 AM
I don't know a thing about her since I don't pay attention to the marketing ploy that is attaching sim guru to the beginning of the faceless expendables who EA with inevitably lay off. So why is everyone acting like the wicked witch got puddled again?
Mad Poster
#54 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
someone in the comments over on SimsVIP dug up Drake's boyfriend's Twitter and he talks about leasing a house in North Carolina.

That's....really creepy

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#55 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
That's....really creepy

I know. I'm just passing along what I read the other day.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM
I think they probably finally got rid of her? Let's just hope her replacement is far better.
Instructor
#57 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Scobre : 1st Mar 2018 at 8:27 PM.
I liked her but yeah SimGuruDrake leaving won't solve SimsVIP's insecurities of not being invited to "parties". I remember them saying in the original mudslinging article, if SimGuruDrake is still working for EA they didn't want to be invited to the Sims Camp last year and then when they weren't they were not happy either. XD It was like uh, you got your way and still not happy. Like they said, "the internet is forever" including the comments section and they were not blameless in their comments towards her or the other Gurus or Simmers and now towards other fan sites with giving the Sims Community backlash now. They didn't like SimGuruJM either and who knows how many other Gurus but seems like their next target will be Grant.

Maxis is aware of that site's actions though, SimGuruDrake just got the brunt of the heat from it. Has the Sims 4 improved in the past few years with the SimsVIP no longer influencing the "party" direction of the game? Yes it has. I mean last year was great and just goes to show that everyone is replaceable even fan sites. I think if anything the situation shows is showing favoritism towards any site/influencer/game changer ends up causing more harm than good towards a company. Technology does change and even Youtube is becoming a thing of the past even with the drama there of monetisation changes. Twitch is actually taking over that market. Whether or not fan sites are going to evolve with technology is up to them and some of them have. EA did change their influencer system beyond just the Sims community. So if a fan site is going to place the blame on a CM over a company wide change, I think it was a very naive move to blame someone down the corporate ladder. It is an upper management decision. All I know is that fresh blood is going to be invited again this year for the parties and even some well known Youtubers won't be invited this year. Fresh blood is being cycled with the influencer program even now and can't say that hearing the voice from other Simmers is going to be a bad thing. If anything the last year or so has shown is it is making a better Sims game bringing more voices on board talking about the Sims now. It is up to each Simmer whether to take something personal or not.

I got to thank the SimsVIP for something. If it wasn't for their hate towards forums, I wouldn't have joined them. It was the one place that site didn't have control over and I could finally ask about my play styles with family, deviance, and building there kind of how I feel safe here too. I don't care if Gurus visit those places or not, but nice it was nice to meet both Simmers and Gurus outside the cliques who actually care enough about what happens to the game and the community rather than about their online personas. I know that SimGuruDrake is leaving the community in a more positive atmosphere now than what it was like some years ago before she joined during the Sims 3 and 4 days. Simmers have their own individual voices again and not stuck in the rut of only one voice matter for the fate of the Sims future. It is actually quite beautiful to see again. I guess it is a matter of who do you want to be your voice for the Sims, your own or someone else? I think the Sims community is smart enough to think for themselves and get what they want into the Sims games with or without influencer/game changer help. Society is changing to individual thinkers now I've noticed. The customer always being right doesn't have to refer to just one customer, but to all of them. So I'm glad to know I was able to have my own voice of a customer and met other Simmers who were told they weren't allowed to have a voice or an opinion to get things like toddlers into the game.

Seems like EA is still having issues with how they are using their influencer system to portray their games: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...ube-influencers

SimGuruBChick who I also met in forums was a temporary CM who filled in after SimGuruHydra left. I liked her too. She then moved back to EA marketing department. I do wish the best for the next CM too and that they are treated better.
Scholar
#58 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scobre
I liked her but yeah SimGuruDrake leaving won't solve SimsVIP's insecurities of not being invited to "parties". I remember them saying in the original mudslinging article, if SimGuruDrake is still working for EA they didn't want to be invited to the Sims Camp last year and then when they weren't they were not happy either. XD It was like uh, you got your way and still not happy. Like they said, "the internet is forever" including the comments section and they were not blameless in their comments towards her or the other Gurus or Simmers and now towards other fan sites with giving the Sims Community backlash now. They didn't like SimGuruJM either and who knows how many other Gurus but seems like their next target will be Grant.

Maxis is aware of that site's actions though, SimGuruDrake just got the brunt of the heat from it. Has the Sims 4 improved in the past few years with the SimsVIP no longer influencing the "party" direction of the game? Yes it has. I mean last year was great and just goes to show that everyone is replaceable even fan sites. I think if anything the situation shows is showing favoritism towards any site/influencer/game changer ends up causing more harm than good towards a company. Technology does change and even Youtube is becoming a thing of the past even with the drama there of monetisation changes. Twitch is actually taking over that market. Whether or not fan sites are going to evolve with technology is up to them and some of them have. EA did change their influencer system beyond just the Sims community. So if a fan site is going to place the blame on a CM over a company wide change, I think it was a very naive move to blame someone down the corporate ladder. It is an upper management decision. All I know is that fresh blood is going to be invited again this year for the parties and even some well known Youtubers won't be invited this year. Fresh blood is being cycled with the influencer program even now and can't say that hearing the voice from other Simmers is going to be a bad thing. If anything the last year or so has shown is it is making a better Sims game bringing more voices on board talking about the Sims now. It is up to each Simmer whether to take something personal or not.

I got to thank the SimsVIP for something. If it wasn't for their hate towards forums, I wouldn't have joined them. It was the one place that site didn't have control over and I could finally ask about my play styles with family, deviance, and building there kind of how I feel safe here too. I don't care if Gurus visit those places or not, but nice it was nice to meet both Simmers and Gurus outside the cliques who actually care enough about what happens to the game and the community rather than about their online personas. I know that SimGuruDrake is leaving the community in a more positive atmosphere now than what it was like some years ago before she joined during the Sims 3 and 4 days. Simmers have their own individual voices again and not stuck in the rut of only one voice matter for the fate of the Sims future. It is actually quite beautiful to see again. I guess it is a matter of who do you want to be your voice for the Sims, your own or someone else? I think the Sims community is smart enough to think for themselves and get what they want into the Sims games with or without influencer/game changer help. Society is changing to individual thinkers now I've noticed. The customer always being right doesn't have to refer to just one customer, but to all of them. So I'm glad to know I was able to have my own voice of a customer and met other Simmers who were told they weren't allowed to have a voice or an opinion to get things like toddlers into the game.

Seems like EA is still having issues with how they are using their influencer system to portray their games: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...ube-influencers

I'm neither here nor there on the drama between Alexis and Drake. Frankly, I could really care less, but Sims Community was kind of embarrassing the way they did that about face with Drake. It was a bit of an abrupt change in attitude. So, for them, it did seem like they changed their tone regarding Drake because of the access she gave them. Just my two cents.

I don't care for YouTube beyond LGR and I've never paid any attention to Twitch beyond watching bits and pieces of the Maxis streams. It just doesn't interest me. I guess watching a review of a game before buying it is one thing, if it's an honest to goodness review like LGR does, but most are nothing like him. And I've never been able to understand the appeal of any kind of Let's Play, regardless of what game it is. I want to play the games I like, not watch someone else doing it.

I tried explaining Twitch and the Let's Play concept last night to my seventy-one year old mother and it was so funny. God love her, she just couldn't get what I was talking about. She though it sounded incredibly ridiculous. And she's been using computers since they filled up whole rooms. She's more tech-savvy in many ways than I am, because if I didn't play pc games and like to read about them, or like streaming movies and the few tv shows I still watch, I probably wouldn't even use the internet except to pay bills. I still prefer landline phones to cellular. My tablet is my big accession to technology, because it's handy for watching Amazon Video on.

So, generally speaking, I prefer regular fan sites like SimsVIP or Sims Community over YouTube or any other kind of social media for my Sims news. And I can't see that ever changing. I just prefer the written word for the most part. I am glad that Drake has expanded her horizons recently though and is including more modders and custom content creators in early access. The best overview I've watched for Jungle Adventure was done by my favorite custom content creator, Brazen Lotus. Modders and custom content creators do so much more for the community than these YouTube or Twitch personalities, so I'm all for EA giving back to them.

I wish whoever takes Drake's job the best of luck, because it's obviously a tough role to fill. I just hope whoever it is remembers that the Sims community is made up of all kinds of players, and doesn't neglect the role that modders and custom content creators play in shaping the community, because I trust the opinions of those folks much more than some Youtuber or Twitch Streamer.
Instructor
#59 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Scobre : 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I'm neither here nor there on the drama between Alexis and Drake. Frankly, I could really care less, but Sims Community was kind of embarrassing the way they did that about face with Drake. It was a bit of an abrupt change in attitude. So, for them, it did seem like they changed their tone regarding Drake because of the access she gave them. Just my two cents.

I don't care for YouTube beyond LGR and I've never paid any attention to Twitch beyond watching bits and pieces of the Maxis streams. It just doesn't interest me. I guess watching a review of a game before buying it is one thing, if it's an honest to goodness review like LGR does, but most are nothing like him. And I've never been able to understand the appeal of any kind of Let's Play, regardless of what game it is. I want to play the games I like, not watch someone else doing it.

I tried explaining Twitch and the Let's Play concept last night to my seventy-one year old mother and it was so funny. God love her, she just couldn't get what I was talking about. She though it sounded incredibly ridiculous. And she's been using computers since they filled up whole rooms. She's more tech-savvy in many ways than I am, because if I didn't play pc games and like to read about them, or like streaming movies and the few tv shows I still watch, I probably wouldn't even use the internet except to pay bills. I still prefer landline phones to cellular. My tablet is my big accession to technology, because it's handy for watching Amazon Video on.

So, generally speaking, I prefer regular fan sites like SimsVIP or Sims Community over YouTube or any other kind of social media for my Sims news. And I can't see that ever changing. I just prefer the written word for the most part. I am glad that Drake has expanded her horizons recently though and is including more modders and custom content creators in early access. The best overview I've watched for Jungle Adventure was done by my favorite custom content creator, Brazen Lotus. Modders and custom content creators do so much more for the community than these YouTube or Twitch personalities, so I'm all for EA giving back to them.

I wish whoever takes Drake's job the best of luck, because it's obviously a tough role to fill. I just hope whoever it is remembers that the Sims community is made up of all kinds of players, and doesn't neglect the role that modders and custom content creators play in shaping the community, because I trust the opinions of those folks much more than some Youtuber or Twitch Streamer.

Yeah best not to. That is the way I feel about the SimsVIP too, they'll change their conduct once they get access again as well and seems like they are going to try to follow in the Sims Community footsteps again. I guess it is like the saying, birds of a feather flock together. Like if someone really feels about the Sims, I want to hear the real stuff you know, not just see a show put on for the sake of free goodies and going to events. It is something I think that EA struggles with in regards to their marketing as shown in the article I linked before. It is like let people be people and be honest with the community.

I love LGR. Like not only are they short but informative and they cut out all the fluff commentary off "look how cute this CAS item is.". It is like this is what the pack has, I may not care for it, but you guys are free to take what I say as a grain of salt and decide for yourself. I'm not sure if you've seen the Honest Trailers on Youtube before, but LGR reminds me of a lot like that plus I love his Goodwill buys. I don't care for the Let's Plays or even the challenges either. It is like when one person does the same thing as the next it gets boring. I prefer the Machinima videos like the RĂ©mi Marocelli ones are super creative and well put together.

Oh man yeah it's interesting trying to explain anything Sims related to family and friends especially if they don't play it. I tried to explain discord to my mom and I was like um it is like Skype but for gaming. Yeah if you get the chance to watch a movie called Desk Set, it is really good at showing what the old computers are like and your mom sounds like fun. I'm an old soul too and still use a landline over a cellphone too. I was pretty sad Sims 4 didn't have landlines and still hoping the modding community makes one someday.

That's understandable. I'm more of a book reader than an audible book reader myself. I think that is what is great about the Sims community is we are each different. Like I find MTS and forums a lot more honest and just more user friendly to use than fan sites and reddit. So we each have our own outlets. Yeah I really hope with the next CM, modders and CC artists are continued to be supported in that way. Oh man I heard about Brazen Lotus, especially her sprinkler mod which got featured in a Twitch stream and her plant revamps are used quite a bit too which are beautiful. I hope so too and fully in agreement with you there. I never understood the taboo against CC and mods and I think like Skyrim, the modding community should be appreciated more too. Like I heard one of the modders for Skyrim actually got a job working on the Destiny game. I think my favorite streamers now do use CC and mods to some extent now even with challenges. 3D eyelashes is probably the most used CC and I don't know how I could play the Sims 4 without MCCC. Anyway was nice chatting with you.
Theorist
#60 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 2:52 AM
Yeah I don't care about the drama between SimsVIP and the SDevelopment Team either.Parts of that site are, imho, pretty bad. Like what was that nonsense about writing random "conspiracy" (or whatever) articles about random decoration elements in the Sims 4 neighbourhood? Like seriously, that takes "unnecessary fluff" to the next level. I mean I kind of understand they need to put something online when there's no current news available, but those articles stank.

I don't watch Twitch or Let's Plays. Even with reviews I prefer text and screenshots and like aparkison I will always prefer Forums and Fansites to youtube and comment sections. It's just more continent that way. You can read this stuff while listening to your music or while riding a train and that's nicer than having to pay attention to some person I don't even know as they play the game.
Overall I find this whole "Influence" system EA was/is trying to cultivate with Sims 4 pretty bad, I want to get my news from sites, not from youtubers over instagram.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Yeah I don't care about the drama between SimsVIP and the SDevelopment Team either.Parts of that site are, imho, pretty bad. Like what was that nonsense about writing random "conspiracy" (or whatever) articles about random decoration elements in the Sims 4 neighbourhood? Like seriously, that takes "unnecessary fluff" to the next level. I mean I kind of understand they need to put something online when there's no current news available, but those articles stank.

I don't watch Twitch or Let's Plays. Even with reviews I prefer text and screenshots and like aparkison I will always prefer Forums and Fansites to youtube and comment sections. It's just more continent that way. You can read this stuff while listening to your music or while riding a train and that's nicer than having to pay attention to some person I don't even know as they play the game.
Overall I find this whole "Influence" system EA was/is trying to cultivate with Sims 4 pretty bad, I want to get my news from sites, not from youtubers over instagram.

Here I thought I was a behind the times because I just love a forums over any other way of learning about games, I watch very little Youtube except LGR. So it is nice to see there are still people who read forums. Lets hope the next CM doesn't have such a thin skin.
Instructor
#62 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:03 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:13 AM.
Again I have no context for any of this, explain in detail, using small words and maybe with slides. What even is this?
This is what I've got so far.

1. SimGuruDrake is from the Sims community forums (Which I never use cause I'm Australian and your feedback doesn't matter if you are Australian unless you have a Youtube channel.)
2. SimGuruDrake may or may not be racist nobody really knows but they don't like her so she probably is because she's unlikeable and it's totally human to assume that the people we don't like are bad people in all aspects all the time.
3. The reason they don't like her is she was a moderator? A pushy one I'm guessing? On the Sims community forums.
4. She and that chick from SimsVIP hate each other for reasons that are very vague and probably very petty.
5. She maybe lost her job over something from above maybe. Which is just sad since from what most of you have said it seems pretty vague and unsubstantiated.
6. People are stalking her boyfriends twitter account to dig up gossip on her and that's kind of creepy.

Have I understood this situation so far?
Instructor
#63 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Scobre : 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Again I have no context for any of this, explain in detail, using small words and maybe with slides. What even is this?
This is what I've got so far.

1. SimGuruDrake is from the Sims community forums (Which I never use cause I'm Australian and your feedback doesn't matter if you are Australian unless you have a Youtube channel.)
2. SimGuruDrake may or may not be racist nobody really knows but they don't like her so she probably is because she's unlikeable and it's totally human to assume that the people we don't like are bad people in all aspects all the time.
3. The reason they don't like her is she was a moderator? A pushy one I'm guessing? On the Sims community forums.
4. She and that chick from SimsVIP hate each other for reasons that are very vague and probably very petty.
5. She maybe lost her job over something from above maybe. Which is just sad since from what most of you have said it seems pretty vague and unsubstantiated.
6. People are stalking her boyfriends twitter account to dig up gossip on her and that's kind of creepy.

Have I understood this situation so far?

I guess the short short version is 1) No 2) I don't have a Twitter 3) Banned accounts didn't like her 4) Personal differences between two people that too many others got involved in 5) False rumor 6) Her info has been stalked before and yes it is creepy.

She was the community manager for Maxis and for a bit for another game too. I personally have no issues with her and when I first met her on forums I thought she was a mod too or worked for Sims Freeplay. Sims forums were without mods for a bit until EA mods came on board. When they did come people who got banned on forums started to mimic EA employees on different sites including forums. It got into petty fights on Sims forums that only certain groups of people were banned.

I think I missed the whole racist drama but I did hear it was ugly on Twitter. All I know is there was a new patch and some people weren't happy about having more color variation that could have been spent on something more petty like clothes. SimsVIP does hate her for petty reasons and their multiple anti-Drake articles are nothing more than yesterday's news that happened three years ago from not being invited to the Sims Camp event. I know when the first article came about a forum member had their wall and direct messages attacked with death threats. Whole situation probably could have been handled better. It isn't the first time SimsVIP has had drama with the Gurus. I guess there was a bit of an episode with the Sims 3 too. I wasn't on forums then.

Yeah there have been multiple stalkings on her personal info and I just found out the boyfriend stalking here. People have stalked her Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts and bragged about it.

She didn't lose her job, she quit to be closer to family. SimGuruJM quit to pursue other goals. Peter Moore quit to be with family too. So it isn't uncommon for Gurus to leave. SimGuruMeatball and SimGuruPizza have quit too.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:11 AM
She a wrote a big-ole letter with her reasons in it so, I don't see any point in speculating.
Do they introduce new Gurus publicly? I'm waiting to see who takes her place.

FOR THE HORDE
Instructor
#65 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
She a wrote a big-ole letter with her reasons in it so, I don't see any point in speculating.
Do they introduce new Gurus publicly? I'm waiting to see who takes her place.

Sometimes they do. They did with the EA mods when they came on board with forums. Honestly only way I found out about SimGuruBChick and SimGuruDrake being CMs was by introducing myself. I don't know who will. I kind of hope it is a guy for a change.
Scholar
#66 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:23 PM
It will be definitely be interesting to see who the new CM is. Personally I don't get the 'hate' towards Drake, she seems like a nice enough person, and I haven't seen anything from her that warrants the mud slinging tbh. I don't agree with how she handled certain aspects of her job, meaning I probably would have done things differently, but aside from the occasional temper tantrum I think she has done a pretty good job. Just because you disagree with someone, doesn't mean they are despicable human beings, or anything of the sort. Judging from some reactions in the simmer community, one could argue that the people reacting so strongly probably wouldn't have the presence of mind to even make half as good a job as Drake. The childishness is unmistakable in some instances.
Ofcourse, I'm not really surprised by it though, knowing how the internet works. I am constantly baffled by how easy is it is for people to judge another person they've never met, on the internet aswell as real life. Just chill, I keep thinking to myself. It takes alot less energy to just be kind.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#67 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
It will be definitely be interesting to see who the new CM is. Personally I don't get the 'hate' towards Drake, she seems like a nice enough person, and I haven't seen anything from her that warrants the mud slinging tbh. I don't agree with how she handled certain aspects of her job, meaning I probably would have done things differently, but aside from the occasional temper tantrum I think she has done a pretty good job. Just because you disagree with someone, doesn't mean they are despicable human beings, or anything of the sort. Judging from some reactions in the simmer community, one could argue that the people reacting so strongly probably wouldn't have the presence of mind to even make half as good a job as Drake. The childishness is unmistakable in some instances.
Ofcourse, I'm not really surprised by it though, knowing how the internet works. I am constantly baffled by how easy is it is for people to judge another person they've never met, on the internet aswell as real life. Just chill, I keep thinking to myself. It takes alot less energy to just be kind.

Thing is people who are in positions where they are doing a lot of public work are judged by a different standard. Nobody in their right mind would "hate" on her for getting frustrated or acting childishly in her private life. But I think it's acceptable to judge a CM for childish and emotional behavior while on the job...and frequently she was pretty childish.Especially her defensive stance in the wake of the skin tone thing was something I might expect and accept from a random person on the internet (and even there I'd tell them off) but not from the CM of the Sim Franchise. It's criticism of the public, strctly Sims-related online persona and PR strategy, not of the person itself...or at least that's the way it should be. Obviously stalking her partner's twitter is going a bit far.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#68 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Thing is people who are in positions where they are doing a lot of public work are judged by a different standard. Nobody in their right mind would "hate" on her for getting frustrated or acting childishly in her private life. But I think it's acceptable to judge a CM for childish and emotional behavior while on the job...and frequently she was pretty childish.Especially her defensive stance in the wake of the skin tone thing was something I might expect and accept from a random person on the internet (and even there I'd tell them off) but not from the CM of the Sim Franchise. It's criticism of the public, strctly Sims-related online persona and PR strategy, not of the person itself...or at least that's the way it should be. Obviously stalking her partner's twitter is going a bit far.

There's a difference between 'hating' someone and simply disagreeing. There's no reason to be mean or hateful if you only disagree with someone. It's like people take things personally, which seems incredibly silly to me. Criticize the company, for sure, but the incessant need to be mean to people just because they aren't perfect, company employee or not, is so unnecessary. What does it accomplish to be mean and hateful? Does it solve anything or fix any problems? No, most likely not. IMO if you want to criticize someone, do it with grace and dignity, otherwise just let people be. We all would be happier for it.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
There's a difference between 'hating' someone and simply disagreeing. There's no reason to be mean or hateful if you only disagree with someone. It's like people take things personally, which seems incredibly silly to me. Criticize the company, for sure, but the incessant need to be mean to people just because they aren't perfect, company employee or not, is so unnecessary. What does it accomplish to be mean and hateful? Does it solve anything or fix any problems? No, most likely not. IMO if you want to criticize someone, do it with grace and dignity, otherwise just let people be. We all would be happier for it.

We need to go back to the Golden Rule. Do on to others what you would do to you. Not liking or having a different view does not mean you should hate someone. What was the other one? Something about walking a mile in there shoes? These saying pre date PC. In this case both sides are in the wrong.

The only reason I am replying is the fear I have for my Grandson if we do not nip this hate the other crap in the bud. Life has so much built in shit we need to stop looking for more. Look to see why someone is the way they are then move on. Festering hate is what cause the most pain in the world.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:42 PM
It's probably for the better that she will no longer be in that position, to be honest. The way she's handled past events in official capacity has not been the most graceful, and not something I'd expect from a global community manager. I hold no ill will to her as a person, but will still take umbrage with how she conducted her position. Whether she's telling the truth, fibbing, or outright lying in her goodbye post doesn't and shouldn't matter, either. We will never know the true details unless she personally opens up publicly about it (or EA). Try as we might to deduce based on her conduct whether she was fired, coerced into resigning, or resigned of her own free will, we will never be able to confirm what has happened. And since she will no longer have a significant role in the community in an official capacity, it no longer matters to us. I do hope the person to fill her position is a bit more professional though. The Sims playerbase is wide and deep, and difficult to please, but there are people out there capable of navigating and managing it tactfully.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:09 AM

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Forum Resident
#72 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 2:07 PM
Saw her handle two members on the official forum. One from the toddler thread was left distressed. The other asked a simple question and was threatened with a ban. I'm too old and I've paid too much money for a silly little girl to threaten my entertainment. I stopped posting or even logging into the official forum right at that point. She's an employee, what right do you have to threaten people with bans for no reason at all. Glad she's gone, but I'm never going back. She helped solidify my decision never to buy from EA again.
Instructor
#73 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Scobre : 5th Mar 2018 at 11:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Saw her handle two members on the official forum. One from the toddler thread was left distressed. The other asked a simple question and was threatened with a ban. I'm too old and I've paid too much money for a silly little girl to threaten my entertainment. I stopped posting or even logging into the official forum right at that point. She's an employee, what right do you have to threaten people with bans for no reason at all. Glad she's gone, but I'm never going back. She helped solidify my decision never to buy from EA again.

I know several people tried to get the EA family thread removed several times. People were not happy that there was actually a place where Simmers got along and bonded together on forums. So many trolls came into that thread, I lost count simply to derail it. I may have known who had left but it was not due to SimGuruDrake's doing if we are thinking about the same person. They got sad not enough people were posting about their Sims 4 families in it because there were quite a number of Sims 3 family pictures shared. But then again Sims had toddlers and could still do things with babies with the Sims 3 at that time, so why not share those stories? I was sad when they had left but I did still talk to them.

As far as forums, several Simmers were threatening each other to ban simply because they preferred one game over another. Reminded me of the story of Romeo and Juliet. She did do some mod work especially when no mods were around, so giving a warning before a ban, they legally have to do so yes she probably was responsible for modding forums a bit. Someone had to. Mods aren't going to go away so bans aren't either. I've gotten a warning before and no it wasn't from her and it was the funniest thing over alien females getting males pregnant which ended up being possible to do again with the gender patch. I tried to reason with Star Trek with one of the Gurus. LOL Technically forums and anything online related to the Sims is optional, so I wouldn't call it entertainment although it some cases it is popcorn worthy. It is like the game itself is my entertainment, whatever personal beefs people have with each other is just a distraction from my entertainment. I guess I only wish the entertainment went back to being about the Sims themselves rather than about Simmers. I like to play the Sims games to enjoy it on my own. If I want something fixed or in the game, I'll ask it, but really why are people's characters have to be judged constantly over the Sims? I just don't understand it. I think it is wise what was said above, treat others the way you would want to be treated. You give flack, you get flack. You treat people well, you get treated well in return. It's how the world works and denying it just shows lack of life experience.

I don't think anyone should let any Simmer, fan site, influencer, game changer or Guru influence their enjoyment of a game. To accept their influence is accepting the hive mind mentality that someone can't think for themselves. As much as the EA family thread got attacked, turns out most Simmers are to some extent family players compared to other play styles from polls held on forums and Twitter unlike the flack that thread got that family players were the minority. Just goes to show the effects of the difference between a hive mind notion and what real results display. It is like the movie Inception, you present an idea in someone's mind and they'll tend to believe it as fact. The Inception idea that "forums are bad" or what got me to join them. I got to prove that even coming from an unpopular part of the community, I still was able to have a voice for what I wanted in the game. I'm content and know that the Sims 4 won't be the last Sims game now. I just wish Simmers would stop wasting their time with petty fights like this for the majority of the Sims 4 life and actually talk about the game and mods for it. Like how much more mods and CC could have been produced had there not been all these petty fights? It is nothing more than a distraction from what really needs to get done for the game.
Scholar
#74 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM
I agree with Scobre, I have never seen Drake act in a way that wasn't warranted (albeit maybe sometimes a bit passionate), and I never had any problems with her myself on the forums or anywhere else, even when I was part of heated discussions.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM
me coming back after not playing the sims or paying attention to the community for several months
Page 3 of 4