Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I wonder, it is possible to realize in Sims 2 with mods tombs, temples? As in Sims 3 or as in Sims 4?

Ah well... >cough< Mmm maybe keep waiting awhile. Something is coming between 3 of us.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:19 AM
If health allows it, my plan is to infuse some sense into BV tour chance cards. Fine-tune chances of good and bad outcomes so they are less of a certain disaster, and possibly if I feel up to it add some more variety in positive outcomes. But a fine-tune would go a long way I think towards making them at least worth trying.

Might also revisit a sensible autonomy mod for beach activities. Tried to make one years ago but the usual stuff wouldn't work so I eventually gave up, but maybe now I've learned enough to figure it out.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#28 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:54 PM
It is possible to hide what is inside the temple room, as the developers hid the rooms in dorm or apartments. But I do not see an example of how to hide the room itself.

An invisible recolour of Tarjas' Ascension Squared "1-tile teleporter" above a basement dungeon? The Sims would probably still find the room in three nanoseconds, but at least the player doesn't know how big it is unless they use the level changer...
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
The Sims would probably still find the room in three nanoseconds,

This problem can be solved by making the door to that room closed, and opened only with the help of some mechanism, a lever.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:28 PM
Theoretically, it is possible to create a temple like in Sims 4. Create traps from Sims 3, create something new. For example, a code lock. If the character does not recognize or guess the code, then it can be struck by a current, ignited with gas - to death. But there is one problem - how to hide the size of the temple? Because:

It is possible to hide what is inside the temple room, as the developers hid the rooms in dorm or apartments. But I do not see an example of how to hide the room itself.

I can imagine using apartment units to knock on doors. Somebody could mod an opening bookcase to be enter-able when a sim has a certain skill point reached or a life skill mastered.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM
https://youtu.be/tCD8vsGhXL0

Some ideas for traps.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:29 AM
am working on various entries and danger items as we speak :P
Mad Poster
#33 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:31 AM
Damn, I missed the pet theme because my computer died for two weeks.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:49 PM
that is ok, we will eventually be hosting a "catch up" theme, or at least "DISCLAIMER" we plan to.

so you can upload for any theme and get the original sticker

Meantime, I am in the middle of planning out my traps... I dreamed of them the other night, and then had a too busy day, so did bypass work instead. But tonight? it should be a green light to go!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
An invisible recolour of Tarjas' Ascension Squared "1-tile teleporter" above a basement dungeon? The Sims would probably still find the room in three nanoseconds, but at least the player doesn't know how big it is unless they use the level changer...

http://amidtheruins.com/top-10-real...-and-treasures/

Article about real traps in real temples. There are many traps mentioned in the form of a "false floor" that throw the treasure seeker in a pit. I think how this can be realized in the game. You can use a one-way, invisible stairs-teleporter. In the pit room, you can put a masked stairs leading to back the top. Depending on the skill of the body culture, the chance of successful licking out of the pit room will be determined.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:44 PM
I find it interesting that the adventure/travel theme has a lot of people focused on Indiana Jones type scenarios. I think more of adventure tourism like hiking, white water rapids and other outdoor activities. I don't have the skills to make any such items so don't know if I'll be making anything yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I find it interesting that the adventure/travel theme has a lot of people focused on Indiana Jones type scenarios. I think more of adventure tourism like hiking, white water rapids and other outdoor activities. I don't have the skills to make any such items so don't know if I'll be making anything yet.

Would be nice to have chance cards for hiking or updated pop-ups for some new things to happen. It's too bad we can't simulate Sims taking day trips off lot for day trips to places. I like your ideas though.
Which mods vote pushed this theme through? Expose your shins!!!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:30 PM
Tents...camping gear fits this theme alright?
I might have the time to make something, a set maybe.
What would you prefer..Teepee-like tent with other native objects, or more modern, BV-like ones with more modern fitting stuffs?
lol..or a mix of both. Funny how it fits the color scheme of the bv one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM
Yes that works. And how about both? No, not greedy..
:p
Field Researcher
#40 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Tents...camping gear fits this theme alright?
I might have the time to make something, a set maybe.
What would you prefer..Teepee-like tent with other native objects, or more modern, BV-like ones with more modern fitting stuffs?
lol..or a mix of both. Funny how it fits the color scheme of the bv one.

I would like to see teepee-like tent. Anyway goodluck to you.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:16 AM
I've been working on a no cc sharable hood!
Turns out the process is even more terrifying than I'd thought but now I'm too deep in to quit.

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Mad Poster
#42 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:09 PM
My lot for the hotel round may work for this, let me see if I can keep the cc down
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#43 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
My lot for the hotel round may work for this, let me see if I can keep the cc down

I always think that ... at first. eh well.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#44 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:31 PM
I am discovering what you are talking about, @maxon
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:42 AM
There must be something wrong...I started working on a teepee, it is not all done or completed, but so far only 82 for poly count...and it already looks good!
It is too easy, I must be doing something wrong. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#46 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:42 PM
I still don't know what I'm going to make for this theme, but I would love to see some stuff which could be used in rural/camping modern settings as well as in (pre-)historic 'hoods. I would especially like to see "tents" made out of tree branches, stones and/or leaves. They would be great for prehistoric sims but also the kind of thing people may build nowadays when they go camping..... Oooh, and rock shelters which work as tents!
Page 2 of 2