Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:15 PM
How to remove hat/beret in hair (mesh)?
Hey guys, I download pretty hair in TSR by Marko: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...-set/id/326643/. I very like this hair, but i don't like this beret. How I can remove it (instruction please )? Maybe you guys know where i can find it without this beret, or You just can remove it? Help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:12 PM
That hair was uploaded in 2006, and if Marko did as i think he did, he would have make sure this is as low poly as possible. Meaning, there is nothing inside/under that beret. The top of the head, hair roots etc is probably cut off, since you cannot see it anyway. If you remove this beret, you end up with a cut off head sim. When you make a hair with a hat, there is a...97% chance that someone will come and ask if there is a version without it... Comment 23 on that page. I am sorry, i don't make hairs, and my instructions would be : learn meshing hair. I know, that sucks.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That hair was uploaded in 2006, and if Marko did as i think he did, he would have make sure this is as low poly as possible. Meaning, there is nothing inside/under that beret. The top of the head, hair roots etc is probably cut off, since you cannot see it anyway. If you remove this beret, you end up with a cut off head sim. When you make a hair with a hat, there is a...97% chance that someone will come and ask if there is a version without it... Comment 23 on that page. I am sorry, i don't make hairs, and my instructions would be : learn meshing hair. I know, that sucks.

I think there are hairs under the beret, because Marko make similar hair. Maybe he just add beret to this hair: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...blond/id/98207/ , and mayhe he doesn't remove hair on the top of head. I'd like to remove beret to see how it be. It's possible to remove beret at all?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 4:56 PM
The beret is isolated, is its own mesh group. But as I thought, if you hide it/remove it, you have a cut off hair mesh.
The other hair you link is quite different though, no bang/hair in front of the face, lenght is different and well..not the same, though it resembles I give you this.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The beret is isolated, is its own mesh group. But as I thought, if you hide it/remove it, you have a cut off hair mesh.
The other hair you link is quite different though, no bang/hair in front of the face, lenght is different and well..not the same, though it resembles I give you this.

Oh, thank U! It's possible to fill top of the head and make normal hair whit this? I mean its possible to make normal hair of this?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:13 PM
Of course it is. By combining another mesh, a top head one, remapping the hair textures etc...I guess anything is possible. Not be me, as i do not make hair, but it is.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:19 PM
Thank You wery much, for respond Did You maybe know somebody who can do it? I really like this hair.. Or some instructions how to do it?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:22 PM
Unfortunately, I cannot offer more help, but looking at hair tutorials might give you the information you need. there might be a creator willing to help, in the creator,s who take request thread, though I do not remember any offering to mesh hair, just recoloring them. :/

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:24 PM
Thank You for this informations, you're best!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macharzynska
Thank You for this informations, you're best!

*for every informations on this topic
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:40 PM
I have a question again, in with program did u open this? Like on the photos.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:41 PM
Milkshape?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:24 AM
Yes, Milkshape 3D
http://www.milkshape3d.com/
This is not a free program, but one of the most used one for sims, all sim games in fact (TS2-TS3-TS4)
I started using it while I was still creating for the sims original.
Worth it if you are planing on learning, as almost every tutorials you'll run onto, will be using it.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 7:35 PM
Thread moved to Bodyshop meshing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.