Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:50 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:34 PM.
Default Speculations? Theories? Conspiracy?
Ok, let's play a forum game.Just share your predictions of the game (any kind), discuss them and see how far you got it from happening based on your prophecy you return to check back on :D

Quote:
Most popular one:
Seasons of each type will be split into four or less game packs for dedicated season:
Let's vote/bet:
Yes: 3
No: 4 (me included)

Speculation:
- The Seasons-theme pack(s) will offer only enviromental changes and wether (no holidays, activities, skateboarding etc.)
- Seasons might lose one of the following features: puddles that are left after rain, snowing, heatstrokes/freezing, temperature.
- Witches coming.
- Seasonale clothes and puddles will be carried over to a stuff pack instead.
- Overtop features/glitches (raining dogs and cats? fishes for cats to chew on?)
- Underwhelming content (few interactions for toddlers with the weather)
- a) seasons tied to a world
- b) seasons not tied to a world
- Swimming & Cloud Watching feature coming in a different dedicated or not dlc.
- Face Painting won't take a return.
- Lightning/thunder collapsing skyrises/penthouses/skyscrapers.
- Rain only with Laundry Day installed and other weather features coming with a related dlc pack or of both installed.
- Over long-lasting moodlets.
- Due to budget restraints or technical limitations, hail precipitation reskin into snowflakes.
- Weird/odd toilet joke related features (tots eating yellow snow and parents capable of scolding for them doing so).
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 3:20 PM
I think no but with a caveat, I think we will just get seasons. We won't get festivals, holidays, or most of the seasonal gameplay add ons. Those will all be separate gameplay packs and stuff packs possibly interacting with Seasons, possibly not.

Get your Snowboarding Extreme Stuff pack today, snow sold separately.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:59 PM
Seasons will lose one of the following features: puddles that are left after rain, snowing, heatstrokes/freezing, temperature.
Witches are definitely coming.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:39 PM
Witches, I think, in a separate pack, like Vampires were.
Theorist
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

Imagine if they gave us witches as a game pack like vampires, but made them super limited. Then sold us extra types of magic content in extra DLC packs for it, like "light magic" "dark magic" and "arcane/elemental magic" packs separately
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:59 PM
So, Seasons will be a game pack, not expansion pack? It's still vague to me.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
So, Seasons will be a game pack, not expansion pack? It's still vague to me.

Idk how they're planning to package it, but one thing I can guarantee it's going to be is S H I T
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:53 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:17 PM.
Each season is going to be an individual EP. Weather types sold separately as GPs, but requires all 4 season packs. If you want puddles and seasonal clothes, you have to wait for the 4 stuff packs, one each for the seasons (these too require the 4 season packs).

All packs come with inbuilt glitches, and of course it will be raining cats and dogs occasionally (Cats and dogs pack required). Rain may occasionally include fishes (for the cats to chew on).

Toddlers may be able to jump in puddles and eat snow, but that's it for toddler playability. 99% of activities are for teen/adult and above, some may include playability for kids.
Smeg Head
#9 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:53 PM
Seasons: It's raining Cats and Dogs. Literally, with the glitches that come with the legendarily infamous Maxis patches.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM
Seasons? Oh the moodlets. Can you imagine?

"It's Raining!" --> +8 Sadness, lasts for 3 Sim days -- by which time it is winter anyway.
Theorist
#11 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 1:58 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 21st Mar 2018 at 3:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
Seasons? Oh the moodlets. Can you imagine?

"It's Raining!" --> +8 Sadness, lasts for 3 Sim days -- by which time it is winter anyway.

What are you talking about? Sims can't get a decent sad moodlet to save their lives. I've failed work objectives for not being able to get sims in a bad mood. it'd be more like

You could get one of three random moodlets that have nothing to do with your traits because EA doesn't give a shit.
"Drowsy Downpour +1 Bored"
"It's raining it's pouring, the old sim is snoring. Snoring is exactly what <SIMNAME> wants to be doing right now. <SIMNAME> is so tired of all of this rain. Maybe they can sleep it off."

"Pensive Precipitation +1 Focused"
"All this rain is really giving <SIMNAME> time to think. Think about what exactly? Anything other than all this rain!"

"Melodic Melancholy +1 Inspired"
"Listening to the endless pitter-patter of the rain can actually be quite soothing and inspiring, and it's given <SIM NAME> an idea!"

Then on top of those you either get

"Warm and Dry +2 Happy"
"<SIMNAME> Sure is glad to be inside on a day like this! Safe and dry and warm and Yikes! was that lightning?!"

"Cold and Wet +2 Uncomfortable "
"Nothing feels worse than being soggy and drippy. <SIMNAME> better get inside before they catch a cold!"

"Delightful Drizzle +2 Energized"
"I'm siiiiiiiiiiinging in the raaaaaaain! Some Sims just love to be outside in the rain and <SIMNAME> is one of them. Stay in side? Why would they?!"

then there will be another specific one...

"Spectacular Sunshower +2 Happy/Inspired/flirty"
"Look at all the pretty colours! Who doesn't like rainbows? Certainly not <SIMNAME>! Nature is wonderful!"

I think the team spends more time writing cringey moodlet dialogue than they do actually making the game .-.
Instructor
#12 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Idk how they're planning to package it, but one thing I can guarantee it's going to be is S H I T

Yeah. Given that City Living and Cats and Dogs didn't raise the bar for expansion packs. I won't be hyped enough for Seasons DLC.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#13 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

I’m on board with that. Overall, I think vampires were implemented about as well as could be hoped within the limits of Sims 4. If they can replicate that with witches, I’ll be satisfied. If they can recapture any of the feel of Makin’ Magic, I’ll flop around and drool like a big, dumb happy puppy.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:26 AM
Ahem.

I think Seasons will be an expansion. But will have zero integration with already existing crap. Like CL festivals.
Cats can play in rain puddles, and toddlers can eat snow but the tiny stuff is how far it'll go.
I don't think they'll have seasons in vacation worlds.

There is a christmas and halloween stuff pack, but there are a few existing sp's that are actually spring/summer themed already so I don't believe they'll have Spring Fling Stuff or anything. But then some simmers will buy literally anything if they just market it as another outdoor pack, they'll get some takers.

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:58 AM
What are you talking about? Sims can't get a decent sad moodlet to save their lives. I've failed work objectives for not being able to get sims in a bad mood. it'd be more like

You could get one of three random moodlets that have nothing to do with your traits because EA doesn't give a shit.
"Drowsy Downpour +1 Bored"
"It's raining it's pouring, the old sim is snoring. Snoring is exactly what <SIMNAME> wants to be doing right now. <SIMNAME> is so tired of all of this rain. Maybe they can sleep it off."

"Pensive Precipitation +1 Focused"
"All this rain is really giving <SIMNAME> time to think. Think about what exactly? Anything other than all this rain!"

"Melodic Melancholy +1 Inspired"
"Listening to the endless pitter-patter of the rain can actually be quite soothing and inspiring, and it's given <SIM NAME> an idea!"

Then on top of those you either get

"Warm and Dry +2 Happy"
"<SIMNAME> Sure is glad to be inside on a day like this! Safe and dry and warm and Yikes! was that lightning?!"

"Cold and Wet +2 Uncomfortable "
"Nothing feels worse than being soggy and drippy. <SIMNAME> better get inside before they catch a cold!"

"Delightful Drizzle +2 Energized"
"I'm siiiiiiiiiiinging in the raaaaaaain! Some Sims just love to be outside in the rain and <SIMNAME> is one of them. Stay in side? Why would they?!"

then there will be another specific one...

"Spectacular Sunshower +2 Happy/Inspired/flirty"
"Look at all the pretty colours! Who doesn't like rainbows? Certainly not <SIMNAME>! Nature is wonderful!"

I think the team spends more time writing cringey moodlet dialogue than they do actually making the game .-.

EA should hire you to write the moodlet descriptions. Your writing is spot-on. :P
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:00 AM
I sincerely believe there won't be a Seasons expansion pack. Instead there will be two game packs; one dedicated to seasons (All four, not done individually), and the other to weather. Or they'll just do a world or something that's permanently covered in snow (and the only place in game not perpetually in summer) and based on Alaska and that's the closest we'll get.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:19 AM
Speculation: Seasons will come in 3 separate packs and will require all previous packs.

Rain ---> only available when you have Laundry Day
Furthermore rain will have it's entire own dlc that features drizzle, overcast, showers, mist and the occasional flood. But not hail, because that's for the winter pack.
Sunny ---> requires base game. Do you have base game? Good, then you got sunny. For heatwaves and sun strokes you need Jungle (new moodlet: there goes your vacation) and GTW to see a doctor (who will never be there)
Thunder ---> CL apartments will be struck on occasion, wiping the entire building off the map. This also works as a fix for future CL bugs.
Snow ---> Parenting and Cats&Dogs. Parents can now scold children for eating yellow snow (knowing EA.... yes they will go there) Also wellness is needed for the sauna. GTW is again needed for the doctor in case you get hit on the head by hail, which is really just snow, because real hail is too difficult to implement with our advanced system and because we didn't want to upset anyone and make it too serious it works just as intended.
---> What we won't get is the awesome face painting booth with the picture of the Bob Ross sim on the side, unless you complain for many years. Then we will eventually give it to you for free, because we already made it, but we're not telling you that.
Instructor
#18 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:17 PM
You know OLC, the exit door is always open for you. No need to be rude by calling ModTheSims is a toxic site.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:11 PM
What are you talking about? Sims can't get a decent sad moodlet to save their lives.

I will defer to you on the moodlet descriptions, as you're killing it on imitating EA's style, way better than I ever could. I guess I was just bitter because I've recently had too many Sims get the moodlet for "SomeSim Said Words At School!" --> Sad +9000 and then be useless, even after three bouts of Cry It Out. Thank goodness for the Sadness Hotline.

But if it's conspiracies, oh, I've got those. If there is a Seasons XP (though of course they won't call it Seasons, it'll be Get Weather or something even stupider), then not only will there be a separate stuff pack for snowboarding and ice skating etc., but also a different separate stuff pack where Sims will be able to swim in lakes or the sea. The latter will have three new swimsuits for women, two for men, one for children, and one for toddlers. "Cloud watching" will be slightly expanded, which will also break something seemingly completely unrelated, such as refrigerators or bathtubs. In spite of loud complaints from the community, this will not be fixed until the second-to-last update before the Final Update Ever to TS4. Also Sim dogs and cats will sometimes disappear in the sea altogether, unless at least one Sim in the household has a Painting skill of 4 or higher.

At this point I'm making it up on the spot, but the trouble is that it's still almost believable.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 9:06 PM
Meanwhile...

https://www.mcvuk.com/development/w...for-new-project

I just do not know where to send it.
Theorist
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
Meanwhile...

https://www.mcvuk.com/development/w...for-new-project

I just do not know where to send it.

... OH
... MY
... GOD

If there doesn't end up being a PC port for this I'm going to riot. I don't want to have to buy a fucking mobile JUST for this game... Please Mr. Wright, PLEASE don't do this to me!!! THE WORLD NEEDS WILL WRIGHT AGAIN ; A;
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 4:55 PM
That looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo interesting. That I want to see.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:01 PM
... OH
... MY
... GOD

If there doesn't end up being a PC port for this I'm going to riot. I don't want to have to buy a fucking mobile JUST for this game... Please Mr. Wright, PLEASE don't do this to me!!! THE WORLD NEEDS WILL WRIGHT AGAIN ; A;

From what I read about it it only is going to be a mobile game no other ports.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:33 PM
Hope I get the numbers right. Next time, make it easier to collect through by typing the answer in square brackets ([yes] or [no)]).
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
From what I read about it it only is going to be a mobile game no other ports.

Crap. Double crap.
Page 1 of 2