Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Ramenfire : 28th Apr 2018 at 4:57 AM.
Default I can't access simsasylum (IT HAS BEEN FIXED)
So following through links in the WCIF, every once in a while I find a link that leads to the member-exclusive Naughty Sims Asylum. Me being greedy for CC and mods, I tried to make an account there.
It ain't working, that or I'm doing something wrong. Every time I enter the Sign Up page, everything goes smoothly except for some reason the security check never gets passed. It's not even particularly hard, every time I attempted to refresh it, it goes back to the "what comes after 12" question, but it never seems to get that I filled in the box.
Is there anyone here who can help me get around this problem?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:20 AM
There are plenty more correct answers than 13 to that question. But advanced tutorial sessions on Number Theory aside, have you tried asking the powers that be over there for assistance? They are (usually) very nice and helpful.

Note that they may not be able to communicate with you if you are attempting to register using an email address from some commonly used email servers:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...#comment-295996
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 1:51 PM
Did you figure this out? I am having the exact same problem-- when I enter 13, it just says "you did not pass the security check" but if I enter something like 11 it says "your answer to the security check was not valid"
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:09 PM
At the top left of the page on simsasylum there's a link that says Guests. Click on it and it will take you to a forum that you should be able to see where they have info and a contact email for one of the board admins where they can help with sign up issues.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:43 PM
Perhaps it's not even the security question that causes the problem.

I decided to test the site in another browser, an older version of Opera (normally I use a current version of Firefox), and I discovered an interesting difference between the two browsers:
In Firefox registration appears as a popup, and there is this line "Security check" below all the other fields, even below the security question.

In my old Opera however, registration is loaded as a separate page, and here the line "Security check" is actually a label followed by a broken captcha - there is a message "reCAPTCHA v1 is shutdown". And then there's another field where you're supposed to enter the answer to the non-existent captcha. I'm guessing that your problem registering with SimsAsylum could be connected to just that problem - it might be that you're supposed to solve this captcha, but since it is broken it doesn't even show in the popup.

EDIT: Yeah, it's definitely a problem with the broken captcha. I just checked the page's source code in Firefox, and the captcha is there even if you can't see it. It could be that Firefox can't find a height for it since it doesn't load properly, and so it's automatically collapsed to a height of zero pixels. But the server side code isn't aware that the captcha (and the field to answer it) is missing, so it reports that the security check is incomplete when you submit the form.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:44 PM
Thank you! That is exactly what is happening for me too-- I will try emailing them about it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 2:20 AM
So considering Naughty Sims Asylum is inaccessible, is there any way for me to access any of the mods posted there?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:58 AM
We Have Been Heard.