Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:05 AM
Default Is anyone able to sign up over at Naughty Sims Asylum?
So I've tried registering over there about a week ago, but I still haven't been able to get past the Security Check. It asks: What comes after 12? I type in 13, but the security check doesn't process that answer for some reason.
I tried different browsers, I even tried my phone! What's going wrong with the sign up? I haven't even gotten a response from the email I sent.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 1:28 AM
I just signed in with no problems. Which email service are you using? I seem to remember I never got a response at first when I used my Hotmail address. Somebody told me that Outlook has Naughty Sims Asylum blocked for some reason. I tried again using my gmail address and that worked.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:06 AM
Why do you start up a new topic instead of checking the answers in the old one?

I pointed out in the old topic that it has nothing to do with the security question. The security check is a captcha which is so broken that it doesn't even display (it can be seen, but still not be solved, in a browser with JavaScript turned off). Since you can't see the captcha, you can't solve it, and so you won't be able to register until the site's webmaster has repaired it.

I mentioned in the other topic that my older browser displays the message "reCAPTCHA v1 is shutdown". A check with Google's recaptcha site reveals that "Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018". That's the problem.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I just signed in with no problems. Which email service are you using? I seem to remember I never got a response at first when I used my Hotmail address. Somebody told me that Outlook has Naughty Sims Asylum blocked for some reason. I tried again using my gmail address and that worked.

Today I tried four times and no confirmation email... But I only have that e mail adress and im not creating a new one for the forum... They should fix it...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 3:15 PM
I tried registering, apparently I already had an account. Okay, fine, but forgot my password - I never got a mail to reset my password (yes, checked the junk) then I tried making a enw account with another email, never got the confirmation mail after several times trying.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandie_
Today I tried four times and no confirmation email... But I only have that e mail adress and im not creating a new one for the forum... They should fix it...

It's possible that it can't be fixed. We have the same issue sporadically at NRaas, Microsoft keeps banning us for being reported as spammers far too many times (which is absurd) with the same result being that those who use hotmail, outlook, msn, or any other MS owned domain to sign up might not get their required confirmation emails. Ever try reasoning with MS's email division? It's not a very effective use of time since they know everything and will be happy to remind anyone who doubts this.

And if anyone told us that they are not going to create a new email address just to join our forum because they just couldn't be bothered, we would probably tell them to have a nice day since we wouldn't be able to assist any further. It's not difficult to roll up a free email account on a non-MS owned domain even if it's just for a single purpose. The difference of course is that a login is not required to get to our content, only to participate on the forums, but the underlying idea is the same.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's possible that it can't be fixed. We have the same issue sporadically at NRaas, Microsoft keeps banning us for being reported as spammers far too many times (which is absurd) with the same result being that those who use hotmail, outlook, msn, or any other MS owned domain to sign up might not get their required confirmation emails.

I have tried signing up (naughty sims asylum) with my google email, didn't work. Unless it's also MS owned, it's difficult to keep track on what owns what nowadays.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
I have tried signing up (naughty sims asylum) with my google email, didn't work. Unless it's also MS owned, it's difficult to keep track on what owns what nowadays.

Yeap.. google wont do either... I changed to my boyfriends google mail and he did not receive the confirmation email...
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's possible that it can't be fixed. We have the same issue sporadically at NRaas, Microsoft keeps banning us for being reported as spammers far too many times (which is absurd) with the same result being that those who use hotmail, outlook, msn, or any other MS owned domain to sign up might not get their required confirmation emails. Ever try reasoning with MS's email division? It's not a very effective use of time since they know everything and will be happy to remind anyone who doubts this.

And if anyone told us that they are not going to create a new email address just to join our forum because they just couldn't be bothered, we would probably tell them to have a nice day since we wouldn't be able to assist any further. It's not difficult to roll up a free email account on a non-MS owned domain even if it's just for a single purpose. The difference of course is that a login is not required to get to our content, only to participate on the forums, but the underlying idea is the same.

My boyfriend just set me up a new e-mail at @sapo.pt No confirmation either so I suspect this has nothing to do with the domains but with the site.... 3 emails 3 domains nothing
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 5:33 AM
I am sorry that I provided outdated information about this issue above without checking into it more, but the MS email domain issue is what the underlying cause was for the failures pretty consistently over there for the past few years. Here is a more up to date forum post explaining what to do for now.

===============================================
For those of you not receiving your validation emails, we know and we are sorry. TFM is trying desperately trying to figure out what in the heck is going on.

MEANWHILE! We have a solution. The Asylum has a Discord. If you join our server you'll be able to post in the registration-validation channel and ask that your account be validated. All you need to provide is your email address and user name that you used to create the account.

Here is the link!

https://discord.gg/dh6UprC

I made it so that link doesn't expire but if by some chance it does, the server's name is Naughty Sims Asylum.
===============================================