Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th May 2018 at 11:13 PM
I pressed the "make me know everyone" option too by accident, with a toddler Sim. Poor little Freddy. He was on the phone nonstop on his birthday and in the end much like other people, I deleted the phone.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 21st May 2018 at 1:22 AM
Properly speaking, the biggest mistake I ever made was my Transylvania hood. I wanted a hood full of supernaturals, where regular mortals were "commoners" and had fewer rights. So I imported the Greenmans from Riverblossom Hills, the Curious family from Strangetown, the Goths from Pleasantview...all in their houses, and of course the Goth graves were lost in the move. Amazingly, I never had any problems with that hood, except that I eventually got bored because I couldn't get the wolves to visit my intended werewolf and I discovered zombies were immortal and incurable (and I didn't like them).

But I did discover for myself, in another hood, that deleting gravestones is a VBT. Just one little gravestone, compared to all the mess I'd made with Transylvania...made the lot unplayable immediately, and all kinds of things subsequently kept going wrong in the hood, which I now recognize as evidence of corruption.
Alchemist
#28 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:25 PM
in my earliest times playing, I thing I done a few of the VBTs. I think before finding out about corruption.
Instructor
#29 Old 21st May 2018 at 8:36 PM
Many moons ago, I discovered the House of Fallen Leaves, shipped it to the housing bin and then put the house in a couple of my custom hoods. I also did the same to some custom lots with families included. Never has crashed my game, but all these misplaced Sim memories floating around have caused some corruption that is occasionally annoying. One of these days, I'm gonna reinstall the game so I can re-do some custom lots of which I'm proud, to upload them. Meanwhile, I'm too busy playing or testing to let anything go for a complete reboot.
Scholar
#30 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:58 PM
I think I once attempted to add Ms. Crumplebottom to my household. 12 year old me was a riot
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
in my earliest times playing, I thing I done a few of the VBTs. I think before finding out about corruption.

What is a VBT
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:41 AM
Falling asleep after playing the game for eight+ hours straight. I would lay down on my bed just to rest my eyes while I waited for my sims to return home only to wake up however many hours later to some tombstones and all the kids taken away.
Inventor
#33 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cottoncandy1
What is a VBT

VBT stands for 'very bad thing' I do believe

It was like last year when I was playing an uncleaned version of Pleasantview on my laptop. I happened to move the Goth ghosts out because they were getting a little annoying. I, back then, recently installed a pretty cemetery and I wanted to move them there, so I put them all in Mortimer's inventory and sent him there, only to find the Goth gravestones gone from his inventory. I checked Mortimer's family tree and they were all blank . I immediately quit the game and uninstalled .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#34 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:13 PM
When I first got the UC, I made a town. I wanted to populate it with Sims of people I knew. Now, for some reason or another, I wanted to populate the adoption pool. I made a family of a single mother and some kids, got the kids taken away, blah blah blah. Instead of killing her like I intended, I changed her aspiration with one of the cheat objects to I don’t even know, and she was CONSTANTLY errorring. After my mom’s sim started erroring out after meeting her, I knew it had to end. I killed her... and then it still persisted.

That town was a trip.
Alchemist
#35 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cottoncandy1
What is a VBT
like another poster told "very bad thing".
various sites list the known ones.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:18 PM Last edited by muridae : 28th May 2018 at 7:01 PM.
I restored a neighbourhood from a Time Machine backup this morning, to revert it back to a point in time before I moved a family in. It looked fine the first time I entered a lot after doing so, but when I went into it later in the day all the CC in that lot had reverted to whatever it was originally cloned from. Apart from a few bits that were randomly missing textures.

Just that CC. All the bits I hadn't used in that hood were fine. But the broken stuff stayed broken even when I created a brand new test hood and lot to check it in.

Fortunately the downloads folder was a copy of one from another computer that I'd only done 2 days ago. So it wasn't too difficult to move out the hoods to somewhere safe, replace the downloads folder content, and then move the hoods back in. The hood with the problems works fine now, of course, and so does the CC. :roll eyes:

It basically looks like I hit the Mac open file limit. Except that I've increased that limit, and I didn't have enough files open to have hit the non-increased limit either. Bizarre. But I'm taking it as a sign that I should keep less other programs open while playing the game, and that I should reboot more than once every couple of months.
Instructor
#37 Old 28th May 2018 at 7:56 PM
Let a Sim befriend Marsha Bruenig. Luckily, after aging Marsha up to a teen she's less annoying.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:26 PM
BIggest mistake?

Testing out "TestingCheatsEnabled" without restrictions, ultimately leading to hilarious results and hood corruption.
Scholar
#39 Old 29th May 2018 at 3:03 PM
adding almost all universal npcs into pleasantview;half of the families disappeared and i just thought they went on holiday.

on the bright side i discovered grim reapers aspiration was power.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#40 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
BIggest mistake?

Testing out "TestingCheatsEnabled" without restrictions, ultimately leading to hilarious results and hood corruption.
as far as I recall, just a few things through that cheat would cause corruption. mainly things involving the universal characters.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
BIggest mistake?

Back when I was a young child about the age of 9, I entered in that cheat and didn't know that pausing the game while having that cheat enabled would spawn the error message. I couldn't even unpause the game because of it so I had to delete my sim -_-. This happened another time many years except my sims were woohoo-ing, and I didn't have my game paused! Alas, I had to delete one of the sims mid-woohoo.
Alchemist
#42 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:50 PM
Pausing while running testing cheats enabled isn't going to spawn an error message on its own. You just happened to coincidentally have an error while pausing.
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:43 PM
I added Grim to the family. Everything went well and the massive fireball was NOT my game.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 31st May 2018 at 7:46 PM
I didn't know that a fire alarm would alert the firefighters in this game.. in fact this took the lives of one of the first sims I've ever made..
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 31st May 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Let a Sim befriend Marsha Bruenig. Luckily, after aging Marsha up to a teen she's less annoying.

Why........
Mad Poster
#46 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:08 PM
If you get an error message, just hit reset. Only if something continually throws errors after being reset should you delete it.
Instructor
#47 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:18 AM
Once when I was maybe 15 or 16 I thought it would be great to put as many babies on a lot as I possibly could. So using the ~*~*magic*~*~ of cheats, I somehow spawned 30+ babies on one lot, prompting various error messages and a seriously exhausted mother and father.

When I was even younger I'm sure I did many, many VBTs. I think I married the Grim Reaper once or had his child or something. Ahhhh, memories....
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:34 AM
I don't know exactly what I did but I played around with the testingcheat. Well the cheat menu stays in English no matter what language you have installed. I was like 9 or 10 back then and my English level was like below the carpet since we just started learning it in 3rd grade and it was only speaking and no writing up until 5th grade. After that my game was all lagging like hell. I still wonder what I actually did 12 years ago...shit that was 12 f***ing years ago? My goodness how time flies.
Instructor
#49 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:33 PM
Messing around with insimenator, bodyshop, testingcheats, constrainfloorelevation and moveobjects. Like above poster said, I didn't have many English knowledge.
Adding NPCs to families, copying people and deleting them with moveobjects.
I attach some old pictures that may be related to these cheats and mods.

The first picture is the "Have Dinner" option, and those duplicated selections are not custom content!
Instructor
#50 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:38 PM
Yep, those squiggly thought-bubble lines....signs of corruption at it's finest.
Page 2 of 4