Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 3:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Mods or cc isn't showing up in my game :(
hi everyone,
I recently started playing sims 3 after 2 years of playing sims 4, I added a Mods folder and its working cause I test it with the nointro.package and that works.
But any other mods or cc wont show up In my game I don't know why or if I'm doing something wrong... \
please help me cause i love cc in sims
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM
You are certain that the other mods and forms of content you are adding to Mods\Packages are indeed files that are in .package based format -- not sims3packs, and not zips or in other compressed forms? Nothing that was really intended for TS2 or TS4, regardless of the file formats? If so, in order to see where things might be misplaced, we might need to see some screenshots in Detail View of:
-- your TS3 user game folder in Documents, showing the location of your Mods folder
-- the contents of your Mods folder
-- the contents of your Packages folder
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:22 AM Last edited by maple2890 : 2nd Jun 2018 at 2:50 AM.
i'm not really sure what you mean but,
I can install mods for make up clothes in create a sim and they show up and work,
but any cc furniture doesn't work in build mode
plz help I've looked all over the internet and nothings helping ??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:09 AM
doesn't matter anymore I know how to fix it \
but thanks so much for you help!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maple2890
doesn't matter anymore I know how to fix it \
but thanks so much for you help!!

I'm having the same problem. I use a mac. How did you fix it? I have all my .package files showing up no problem, but I can't get my sims3packs to install no matter what I do. Or rather, they install, show as installed in launcher but don't show up at all in the game. Help?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nothelinski
I'm having the same problem. I use a mac. How did you fix it? I have all my .package files showing up no problem, but I can't get my sims3packs to install no matter what I do. Or rather, they install, show as installed in launcher but don't show up at all in the game. Help?

It's generally a best practice to remove the Mods folder entirely (drag it to the Desktop to be put back later) before attempting to Launcher install sims3packs on the Mac version of the game. Not sure anyone knows why. TS3 for Mac is more delicate and much more flaky than its Windows sibling.