Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:40 AM
Thank you all for your responses! It's probably the structure of the hotel that's freezing her. I will try the smaller concierge desk (did not know there was one ), but I have moved the concierge desk as well as the flowers and the light and she still doesn't move. It's like joandsarah77 said, I'd have to just flatten the lot and start over because it is mountainous, all the rooms are tiny - I was challenged to even fit bathrooms in some of them - and there are tons of decorative plants. It's a beautiful lot, so it figures it can't be functional for Ms. Freezy. )

Thank you all for your help. I'll try a few more of your suggestions, but the lot itself is probably the problem. Even my tester sim had a hard time navigating it, so I widened some paths and moved a few things around until he could find his way around without getting lost or stomping his feet. I don't think I could get it right for her if she is objecting to confusing pathways and too many plants. May just have to build a big box and stick it over her.

Seriously though, thank you all!

I just don't think this hotel is ever going to be good enough for persnickety Ms. Freezy-Pants.

“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.”
--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Hotels are glitchy - and Freezy is a bitch.

I think the check in area is a bit too small, perhaps replacing the check in desk with the smaller size will work. Normally all 3 of them (desk clerk, bell hop and Freezy) hang out there.

There are supposed to be three? I only ever get the maid and the bellhop.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM
I'm pretty sure there are only supposed to be two - the housekeeper and the bellhop/desk clerk. I did once have some kind of bug or conflict where the bellhop spawned twice - maybe Justpetro is having a similar problem?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 1:51 PM
I think the OP is referring to the restaurant host.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 2:39 PM
Yes, but we were referring to what Justpetro said in post # 21.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Yes, but we were referring to what Justpetro said in post # 21.

Sorry I meant that post too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#32 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
I do have a fix for the buggy housekeepers (it took me a little while to find it), it overrides housekeeper's pie menu so the Cancel Interaction no longer works and they'll just get on with whatever they're supposed to. It does require AL or higher.
CJH_housekeeprFix.zip (142.6 kB)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:17 PM
Thanks Chris.

Theorist
#34 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 5:43 PM
A suggestion from something I first noticed in Sims 1. I thought we needed trash bins in all rooms, therefore the maid would empty one bin, go outside and dump it, go all the way back for another, etc.. If you have 8 sims in a house, she would do nothing but empty trash, then leave at the end of the day just to repeat the same actions. Now with Sims 2, I don't even use a maid but did notice the sims are drawn to emptying trash over anything else. I had a sim with a crying, hungry toddler in the highchair, sent her to get food for him, instead she got the trash and social services took the toddler. Now there are no trash bins or compactors allowed in my sims households. That's one problem I don't deal with anymore. Trash accumulates in bins when a sim doesn't put anything in it, that's the problem. I can see emptying it after awhile if they actually added trash multiple times but not when it hasn't even been used. Since my playtime is mainly based around saving time and steps, I pay close attention to areas sims will gather more and make rooms have enough space to maneuver about.
When building, especially on community lots, I make sure there's plenty of space around areas that would be more congested. Restaurant tables and chairs, the podium and kitchen would be the most problematic. I don't add a lot of tables and make sure there's extra space around them for sims to use the seating. Usually there's 2 tiles between settings, same as a hallway in case sims need to pass each other. The majority of residential and community lots are built on the tiny lots and rarely is there any routing problems.
I rarely use hotels, usually sims either camp or own tiny lot vacation homes. If I do use a hotel on rare occasions, I do use Paladin's mods, which seem to work okay and I did send one of sims to fix broken sink plumbing one time, sadly he didn't get a discount on his lodging.
Also Maxis vacation lots are all sort of remade where I see any areas that may be routing problems prior to any sims making reservations. Vacation community lots stay at their original sizes, I just redo things to accommodate the playable sims, I focus more on what they're going to do on lots and plan around their family size, other sims don't matter as much. I will occasionally have a problem but not often enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game.
I'm not saying anyone needs to use my play style, it's not everyone's idea of fun play. I just find my own work arounds for things that bug me, I'd rather spend quality time playing and enjoying than constantly figuring and fixing. I appreciate all of you who find fixes and test things to improve game play though. I don't think Sims 2 would have survived all this time without many of you and your ideas, suggestions, tips and fixes. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There are supposed to be three? I only ever get the maid and the bellhop.

You are right I think I was thinking of the restaurant host - I normally put my restaurant close to the entrance in a hotel (but Freezy takes up enough space for two when freezing).
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I do have a fix for the buggy housekeepers (it took me a little while to find it), it overrides housekeeper's pie menu so the Cancel Interaction no longer works and they'll just get on with whatever they're supposed to. It does require AL or higher.
CJH_housekeeprFix.zip (142.6 kB)

Thank you, Chris! Does this work with or replace the SimWardrobe Improved-Housekeeping fix? As I recall, the SW fix worked by providing an improved cleaning coding sequence, but I don't know if it addressed the Cancel Interaction bug.
Space Pony
#37 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
Thank you, Chris! Does this work with or replace the SimWardrobe Improved-Housekeeping fix? As I recall, the SW fix worked by providing an improved cleaning coding sequence, but I don't know if it addressed the Cancel Interaction bug.

I second the question And thank you!!

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:57 AM
As I recall, the SW fix worked by providing an improved cleaning coding sequence, but I don't know if it addressed the Cancel Interaction bug.

It's possible that the SW fix does not address this. I've been using it for some time now and while it's a huge improvement, the housekeeper does still sometimes stop and just stare off into space for no apparent reason.
Scholar
#39 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:34 AM

They will work together without conflict.
The default housekeepers do work perfectly when their action is not being cancelled, you may find you don't need SW fix. They can be interacted with and are one of my favourite NPC types.
Scholar
#40 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:56 AM
@Chris Hatch

Would you happen to know why Sims who take elevators from one floor to another to go to bed have their action cancelled as soon as they reach the side of the bed? This is something that I've encountered in hotel lots pretty consistently. I have a feeling it has to do with the elevators, because if a Sim moves from one floor to the next using the stairs, the Sim doesn't forget to use the bed after reaching the side of the it. I tried using your mod with the SW fix turned off. I've noticed this happening with the housekeeper and waiters when they all try to go into rooms to fix the sheets of the bed. They would reach the side of the bed, and then leave the room to go back to their area.

I also noticed that the housekeeper in the hotel would go room to room and would stand around for about 20 in-game minutes when there's nothing to clean or make proper in the room. Then they leave the room and go to the next one. Is this normal, or should the housekeeper be able to scan the rooms to find something to make proper, and of nothing needs fixing, they move out right away?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:18 AM
@d_dgjdhh There is a fix for that, I think by cyjon. I don't know what its called though, but somebody else might.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:13 AM
Personally, my Sims have cleaned their rooms themselves for ages, since I realised I could lock Freezy out
Mad Poster
#43 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:43 AM
The default housekeepers do work perfectly when their action is not being cancelled, you may find you don't need SW fix. They can be interacted with and are one of my favourite NPC types.

I'm glad both mods will play nicely together. I wouldn't want to have to pick just one or the other. Paladin made too many improvements to the way the housekeeper works for me to want to get rid of his mod. Thanks very much for this fix. It will be nice to not have to reset that idiot NPC anymore.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:59 PM
Thank you, @Chris Hatch - I will certainly try out the mod (not so worried about having the room cleaned, but I really like the idea of being to able to interact with them)
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Personally, my Sims have cleaned their rooms themselves for ages, since I realised I could lock Freezy out

Your poor sims. They're supposed to be on holiday. XD
Scholar
#46 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
@Chris Hatch

Would you happen to know why Sims who take elevators from one floor to another to go to bed have their action cancelled as soon as they reach the side of the bed? This is something that I've encountered in hotel lots pretty consistently. I have a feeling it has to do with the elevators, because if a Sim moves from one floor to the next using the stairs, the Sim doesn't forget to use the bed after reaching the side of the it. I tried using your mod with the SW fix turned off. I've noticed this happening with the housekeeper and waiters when they all try to go into rooms to fix the sheets of the bed. They would reach the side of the bed, and then leave the room to go back to their area.

My guess is (and it is only a guess) the routing distance is far enough for the action to time out and drop off their queue. I find elevators tend to be more reliable than stairs for things like this because using stairs so often push 'Move' onto sims which can cancel whatever they were doing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:58 PM

Thank you!!!!!!!! I will download your mod.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Farvoyager : 11th Jun 2018 at 5:02 PM.
OK, so I downloaded CH's mod, went into the game and this is what happened:

The hotel maid was no longer on the sidewalk. In fact, she was nowhere on the lot. This would be fine by me actually, since my sims seem to clean up their own messes anyway.

I sent my tester sim to the restaurant but this time, instead of normal dining service which was working fine after I fixed the entry, he starts drinking the moment he sits down, and when the food arrives, it goes *poof* and disappears when the waitress tries to set it down, and he keeps on drinking water. I tried ordering again, but same thing happened. And he still gets charged for the food even though he doesn't eat anything (no food appears on the table even though the waitress goes through the animation of setting it there) and his hunger needs are not satisfied. Same thing is happening with all the guests on the lot.

The maid appeared on the sidewalk again (where she came from, I have no idea!) There are plenty of dirty dishes from room service and around the communal kitchen but she just stands there.

So my question is, did the mod cause this or am I just losing my mind? lol

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:48 PM
Room service still works at least! But hotel maid continues to wait on the sidewalk. What is she waiting for? For pigs to fly? I have no flying pigs in this hood!

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:28 PM
**I removed CH's mod but am still having the issue with dining. No idea what is causing it, so will have to start combing through content and try rearranging the tables and chairs.

Also, punishing the maid for refusing to work was ineffective and only resulted in more angry sims.

--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Page 2 of 4