Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The deal is that there's a huge difference in bodyshape and pretty much everything else between toddlers and children, and between children and teens. It's particularly annoying for those who do storytelling where they want the sims to gradually age.

There's a huge difference between a 1-3 year old toddler and a 7-10 year old kid, and between a 11 year old and a 14-18 year old teen. It's always bugged me because I do a lot of storytelling. Maybe you can get passable results with height sliders and whatnots in TS3/4 (TS2 has a somewhat faulty "strechskeleton" cheat and no sliders to compensate), but the animations usually end up awful and too stretched.

I'm not even a bit bothered by the supposed age gap between adults and elders. Get some gradual wrinkle makeup and some salt'n'pepper hair and you can make those as gradual as you want. There is no real age gap between them that you can't fix with some simple CC. Or just pretend they stopped coloring their hair and stopped using makeup to hide their wrinkles. After YA was added in (basically nothing but a glorified early adult stage with college privilegies in all 3 games), the adult age is already more than long enough compared to the rest of the ages.

Knowing the current Sims 4 team right, new life states would probably be a recycled age with a slight difference in what they can do with their time. They didn't manage to make proper teens, babies are basically TS1 babies in 3D, and toddlers weren't even available in the basegame. True, they did manage toddlers fairly well (they were probably already in the process of making toddlers when they released the game), but other than that I don't really trust the team to give us anything of much use. TS4 is one small expansion after another, and quite frankly I've more or less given it up by now (I haven't played it in a year or something, and still only have one expansion). Up until now they've recycled most of what TS2 and TS3 offered (but still lacking some of the basic items and functionality), and not added all that much new stuff.

Else as in what? Child-Teen interactions?

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It's convenient, but it's not a convenience I'd sacrifice the teen stage's individuality for. Though if too many life stages is the problem, they could always take the adult stages, that were pointlessly split in two, and bring them back together.

Yeah, I prefer that too. Remind me again how YA and A differs much in gameplay? Probably to none, and even then the features that distinguish between each another is barely notable? For those who would like for those to stay into two, why don't use imagination and take into account by defying younger adults by their first half of the lifespan.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:16 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
Read the description of the video. It's fake.

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Read the description of the video. It's fake.

Ooohhhh!
Instructor
#55 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
I don't have any unique insight but I was reading about possible future expansions and speculation earlier, and boy do I hope EA isn't primarily going to go off of the whim of simmers for ideas. One of the polls I believed had the highest vote for 'back in time' which is such an incredibly vague and empty idea for an EP to me! Like, the future is expansive but basically there's a 'futuristic future' or a 'dystopian future'. For the past there's...everything? Like...if I were confident in EA's ability to put something comprehensive and fleshed out, I would be really into that idea, but based on THEIR limitations and then just, like, limitations in general, I hope they don't waste their time on that. I would love to see a kind of post-apocalyptic inspired world, or at least something on the other end of the spectrum from high end luxury. I don't necessarily play that style, but I do think it's something a lot of people really want and I think it would be really cool and yet pretty attainable for EA to do - maybe create a new world where cars aren't visible, etc.
Realistically though I think some kind of supernatural pack is in the near future. I am excited about that possibility but also a little tired of them just dragging the dead corpses of TS3 through the mud for a subpar reiteration...

Back in Time to me would mean Into The Future but Spliced with The Sims Medieval. Personally I'd actually like that. Though admittedly my taste in things is rather weird. My main reason for never giving Medieval a proper shot for example was because it wasn't an expansion but Standalone. Personally my favourtie part of Into the Future wasn't even the concept of time travel though. But the bot building which was immensely satisfying. The Future they gave us was kinda lame, I sorta just took the technology and ran.
Theorist
#56 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 6:01 AM
It absolutely should have been an expansion. They must have chimps making the decisions at EA. A simple toggle on the main menu to play with or without technology. Or just a time machine. I thought that was bleeding obvious.
Instead I achieved it myself by having two sets of mods/CC and two savegames.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Or just a time machine

Hopefully, you aren't implying it should hurl into the ground on your backyard, and swoop the camera to the obnoxiously flashing uninvited welcome of the time portal. I choose the "option" pick at any time, thank you.

Instructor
#58 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Hopefully, you aren't implying it should hurl into the ground on your backyard, and swoop the camera to the obnoxiously flashing uninvited welcome of the time portal. I choose the "option" pick at any time, thank you.

I wouldn't mind it doing that so long as the game starts with a toggle...though for a Medieval trip I think it'd make more sense if WE built the time machine. I mean there's more roleplay potential in crafting your own time machine to visit the past I feel.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:15 AM
I genuinely don't think they will bring back Supernatural as a EP, unless it falls under their new "model". More likely GPs like vampires.
And probably unpopular opinion but I'm OK with that. I prefer to play without occults so to be able to avoid them without missing out on the major (well... bigger than GPs) content is good.

I also think they are gonna drag the occults out as long as possible as it seems to be the big seller next to University. So possibly at the end of TS4.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#60 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 3:31 PM
I too would prefer occults in separate packs, as some I like to play more than others. (Also they seem to have done a good job with Vampires.)
Instructor
#61 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I too would prefer occults in separate packs, as some I like to play more than others. (Also they seem to have done a good job with Vampires.)

I feel like occults are the only gameplay feature that actually seems to benefit somewhat from the gamepack format. Everything else that goes through that format comes out lesser than when it went in. But Sims 4 vampires are pretty much the best vampires have ever been. That being said I hope they do an Actual supernatural pack because there are things from Sims 3 that I miss, like The slab beds for vampires (sure coffins are fun but I like options), The brrooding trait (Exactly as it was in Sims 3 none of this nerfing nonsense like they did with the Insane trait and such ) Bonehilda, Ghost babies, ecetera I'd also like it if they brought wolves from Sims 2 back but as the Werewolf sims actual form I mean seriously that's the least they could do after taking away the ability to control pets.
I think the Supernatural Expansion should actually include and update Occults from previous packs like it did in Sims 3. Because they did it once and it was a good idea so they damn well better do it again or else

(Also they better overhaul traits and bring all the cool ones back. And NOT as reward traits )

Oh! And I want martial arts back.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
I feel like occults are the only gameplay feature that actually seems to benefit somewhat from the gamepack format. Everything else that goes through that format comes out lesser than when it went in. But Sims 4 vampires are pretty much the best vampires have ever been. That being said I hope they do an Actual supernatural pack because there are things from Sims 3 that I miss, like The slab beds for vampires (sure coffins are fun but I like options), The brrooding trait (Exactly as it was in Sims 3 none of this nerfing nonsense like they did with the Insane trait and such ) Bonehilda, Ghost babies, ecetera I'd also like it if they brought wolves from Sims 2 back but as the Werewolf sims actual form I mean seriously that's the least they could do after taking away the ability to control pets.
I think the Supernatural Expansion should actually include and update Occults from previous packs like it did in Sims 3. Because they did it once and it was a good idea so they damn well better do it again or else

(Also they better overhaul traits and bring all the cool ones back. And NOT as reward traits )

Oh! And I want martial arts back.

I'm OK with vacation places type gamepacks too. So far we have only 2 vacation type (Granite Falls and Sevadorada), give us something beachy and resort next perhaps.
Instructor
#63 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'm OK with vacation places type gamepacks too. So far we have only 2 vacation type (Granite Falls and Sevadorada), give us something beachy and resort next perhaps.

Eh I find both of them lacking in comparison to similarly themed dlc from previous games and I also see nothing in them that couldn't have been done better with a full expansion. Both of them feel empty and frivolous to me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
I wouldn't mind it doing that so long as the game starts with a toggle...though for a Medieval trip I think it'd make more sense if WE built the time machine. I mean there's more roleplay potential in crafting your own time machine to visit the past I feel.

I agree. I can't imagine someone seeking help from the past to the present (only past is screwed and at stake, the present is the new tomorrow, unless its some kind of time-distortion-or other-villionious-time-travelleer-fucked-it-up).... unless from a particularly wise person but then again anyone that is educated in history and trustworthy to recreate the history that cause the huge mistake(s) without those ceasing to exist ever again. I don't watch much of time traveling sci-fi, so I don't know how that mechanic could be executed. I do think it shouldn't be turned into RPG, but keep the sandbox element so players can experiment with altering the present through changing dynamic or basic even tiny actions in the past. Since it's EA so my ideas could be just fantasy and pie-in-the-sky, but I think they should let the butterfly effect be into play, but only when we messed around with the metaphorical butterfly. I want something complex to be apart of that concept, but with a simple mechanic. Much more than how ITF tackled it. I do think the past experience should be only limited to medieval because many simmers are fans of that timeline in particular so at best the focus theme should remain on that for developers to have the EP revolve around. It would be best If each world (including those of DLC) had their version of the medieval period, so kind of like tie-up of Season's weather mechanics. Just spouting ideas, although not my top demand pack or would die hard for it but it would be interesting non the less

Forum Resident
#65 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:29 PM
Second on a beachy adventure place with the addendum that an ownable resort hotel thingie like in island paradise would be grand.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:53 PM
I think a University EP may take on a general approach to education and perhaps make the grades Sim kids earn affect their possibilities in college or something. I’m cautiously anxious to see what EA cooks up with that EP.

A celebrity EP would be fun too. And of course it would be nice to see something entirely new to The Sims franchise.
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:03 PM
I couldn't play a university version with teens who look like adults. I never use teens since they don't do anything. I never play kids since they don't do anything. After the toddler phase, I ignore them for a while before I grow kids up since they don't bring friends over or do anything worthwhile. What would be the point of university? So we'd keep kids around longer? Blech.

I wish they'd remake the Sims 3 in a way it ate up less computer resources and looked like Sims 4. Is that a pack?
Instructor
#68 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modwild
I couldn't play a university version with teens who look like adults. I never use teens since they don't do anything. I never play kids since they don't do anything. After the toddler phase, I ignore them for a while before I grow kids up since they don't bring friends over or do anything worthwhile. What would be the point of university? So we'd keep kids around longer? Blech.

I wish they'd remake the Sims 3 in a way it ate up less computer resources and looked like Sims 4. Is that a pack?

Eh I liked the ability to make people that looked ugly in a realistic way in Sims 3 even if all genetics was vastly screwed towards default ugliness as a result. So I'd actually like it if they spliced Sims 3 genetic options with Sims 4 options...and brought back sliders because it's way easier to make sims with sliders you can see. And if we spliced the genetics options from those two games we might finally get children that have both chins and distinct faces. For some reason the devs always seem to forget either one or the other. So maybe reading from the cheat sheet that is previous games would help them out.

Also even though I dislike tall Teens for my own reasons. Realistically by the time a teenager is ready to go to uni they AREN'T short anymore. Unless yours thinking like a High School expac now THERE it would annoy me since I wouldn't be able to tell teachers from students.
Instructor
#69 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:10 PM
Have you checked SimGuruGraham's Twitter lately? He posted a picture of a beachside waterpark. Is this a clue or misdirection?
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Have you checked SimGuruGraham's Twitter lately? He posted a picture of a beachside waterpark. Is this a clue or misdirection?

No that was something someone on reddit has made: https://old.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...hemed_creation/

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:44 PM
i think the one expansion or game pack or whichever im really wanting to see is one where we can follow our kids to school and help them do their things like in get to work with the doctor, scientist, and police/detective career. also now that I mention it, we really need more active careers. so maybe it could be one based on that? school and work. just a thought.
p.s. yes I tried using zerbu's go to school mod and its broken, never even got to see it work
Instructor
#72 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
No that was something someone on reddit has made: https://old.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...hemed_creation/

Graham said...…….
"Weird to come across this user creation today. I just spent 2 hours searching online for a piece of my childhood - a water park that no longer exists. Could only dig up a few mentions and zero pictures; kinda sad." I wonder why he was searching before he found that creation.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:29 PM
Graham said...…….
"Weird to come across this user creation today. I just spent 2 hours searching online for a piece of my childhood - a water park that no longer exists. Could only dig up a few mentions and zero pictures; kinda sad." I wonder why he was searching before he found that creation.

Oh right Sorry. Yea maybe? I mean how old is he?
I mean if he's talking about something from his childhood then it's unlikely it's sims related, unless we are talking TS1 Vacation or he's somehow younger than me.

Instructor
#74 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Oh right Sorry. Yea maybe? I mean how old is he?
I mean if he's talking about something from his childhood then it's unlikely it's sims related, unless we are talking TS1 Vacation or he's somehow younger than me.

Not sure how old he is as the first thing I know about him working on the Sims Games was his saying he joined EA in 2009 and that he worked on 7 of the tombs in World Adventures for Sims 3. He must be quite young still if he is looking for childhood things on the internet is all I will say!
Instructor
#75 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:02 AM
Not sure how old he is as the first thing I know about him working on the Sims Games was his saying he joined EA in 2009 and that he worked on 7 of the tombs in World Adventures for Sims 3. He must be quite young still if he is looking for childhood things on the internet is all I will say!

If you have to look up your childhood on the internet that means you can't find it in real time which means you are either very busy or the thing no longer exists outside of records of it's prior existence. Logically the more time that passes the more likely it is that things from your childhood will be physically erased...ergo I fail to see how this would be an indicator of youth.

It's also not uncommon for the elderly to be nostalgic infact its kinda a stereotype that the older you get the more nostalgic you are about the past. So in either case your reasoning is flawed.
Page 3 of 4