Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 19th Jun 2018 at 8:21 PM.
Default Seasons Update (v1.44) 19/06/18: THE KINDA-BIG ONE - Sims Who Live in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones
Please remember to keep your mods disabled until updating them

Expansion patch time! This one isn't quite as meaty as the Cats & Dogs update, but is still hefty (1.25 GB) adding new content and fixing many bugs. Everyone's favourite SimGuru has taken charge of writing the patch notes this time, though he's been kind enough to keep them straightforward for once. Unfortunately he didn't mention any of the new content, so I've taken the liberty of documenting it.

New features
Quote:
General
  • Hot Weather and Cold Weather categories are now available in Create-a-Sim.
  • Toddler Swimwear category is now available in Create-a-Sim.
  • Six new glass roof patterns are now available in Build Mode.
    • Hexagon Glass Roof
    • Solid-Sheet Glass Roof
    • Ornamental-Scrollwork Glass Roof
    • Diamond-Paneled Glass Roof
    • Square-Paneled Glass Roof
    • Rectangular Paneled Glass Roof
  • Re-Traiting Potion has been added to the rewards store for 5000 points. It allows entirely new traits to be chosen for the Sim who consumes it.
  • Minor visual tweaks have been made to various UI controls.

Gardening
  • The following seed packets can now be purchased in Build Mode
    • Catnip Herb Packet — §25 (requires Cats & Dogs)
    • Starter Flowers, Fruits, Herbs, and Vegetables — §35
    • Farmer Flowers and Fruit — §100 (level 7 Gardening skill)
    • Farmer Veggies and Herbs — §100 (level 7 Gardening skill)
    • Uncommon Plants — §250 (level 7 Gardening skill)
    • Rare Plants — §1,000 (level 10 Gardening skill)
  • Plant quality has been overhauled. The existing ten-stage system has been replaced with five different stages of evolution, indicated via a redesigned UI.
  • Sims can research their plants, noting certain details in their Notebook (such as which plants are needed to graft it, etc.)
  • Sims can now sell all of the produce of a plant directly from the plant itself.
  • Sims can now sell all produce of plants within an area-of-effect directly from a single plant (requires level 8 Gardening skill).

Patch notes

Quote:
UPDATE: 06/19/2018 — PC 1.44.77.1020 / Mac 1.44.77.1220
Hello Simmers! SimGuruGrant here! This month’s update is a really big one with hundreds of tweaks, improvements, and fixes to a bunch of content in The Sims 4. Read below to catch up on some of the specific ones! SimGuruGnome is still off on assignment, so once again you’re stuck with boring old me. My apologies!

The Sims 4
  • Fixed numerous pieces of clothing that were not properly compatible or had graphical issues.
  • Fixed numerous issues related to having and interacting with a large number of objects in a Sim’s inventory.
  • Players used to be able to grab a Sim from the gallery randomly then immediately upload it BACK to the gallery, gaining sole credit. That is no longer the case.
  • We’ve been working with air traffic controllers, and as a result, birds are no longer flying through houses throughout the various worlds. It seems we were bird brains on this one.
  • The Welcome Wagon will no longer hide their fruitcake for themselves. When they come say hi, they totally will give you that fruit cake. Which your Sims may or may not hate.
  • Children no longer wake up in a panic every time they wake up. Now, only when there are monsters around.
  • You can now successfully complete the wedding event by having the newlyweds enjoy the first slice of cake!
  • Sims at a social event with failing needs will now properly return to their active lot when you tell them to do so as expected.
  • If a Sim dies while their roommate is off lot, when the roommate returns, they’ll be very sad.
  • If you try to add birthday candles to a cake, the tooltip tells you how to do so if it is currently on the wrong part of the table.
  • Active Sims won’t try to drink so dang much during a party. Once they have a refreshing beverage, they should be good.
  • The “Sims walking on their knees” issue has been fixed for toddlers who age up.
  • The Book of Life can now be read if it is bound to the same lot as the Sim trying to read it. You can now truly get a life, or at least read about it.
  • Custom Music should now work appropriately on all stereos.

Get to Work
  • Aliens and Vampires no longer adjust the colors of their beards and eyebrows when going to work. The office uniform policy has been updated.
  • Some of our fake, not approved doctors were assigning patients to beds that already had a patient in them. This is poor healthcare and we’ve fixed it.
  • You can now sell gardening produce and flowers at retail again.
  • The police chief can no longer be the suspect in a crime. OR CAN THEY? No, they can’t. We fixed it. Or…no seriously. Case closed.
  • Sims can now purchase items stored in the LICE Cold Retail Freezer on NPC owned retail stores.
  • Employee Sims will now clock in more reliably, and automatically be assigned a job task when they show up for work.
  • Doctors and Detectives will no longer receive the Go on Vacation whim so frequently.
Get Together
  • A Sim’s club progress no longer resets when transferring the Sim to a new household.
City Living
  • Sims who are resurrected after dying from eating poisonous Pufferfish Nigiri will no longer die when they eat anything else. Sorry, seems it took us longer to get all the poison out than we would have liked.
  • Sims listening to music via Earbuds (Fitness Stuff) will no longer cause a noise complaint from neighbors in the apartment.
  • Food Critics will no longer have conflicting experiences when reviewing food.
  • Squeamish Sims (Outdoor Retreat) are now properly affected by mice and natural dangers (Jungle Adventure).
  • Sims will now fall asleep after receiving the Zonked moodlet from the Bubble Blower.
  • Teenagers will no longer send inappropriate text messages regarding the Romance Festival.
  • The Scattered Panes windows now cast appropriate shadows.
Dine Out
  • New recipes from Cats & Dogs now function as expected in restaurants.
Perfect Patio Stuff
  • Uhntz uhntz uhntz uhntz ALL RADIOS CAN NOW PLAY THE ELECTRONICA STATION uhntz uhntz uhntz uhntz
Cats & Dogs
  • Male stall vendors who work in Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno no longer wear high heels. Nobody appreciates our fashion choices!
  • Vet clinic staff will now work AS EXPECTED even if a TV or computer are on the lot. We had to update our staff policy.
  • We unfloated the objects that were floating at the Pupperstone Park location.
  • Cats will no longer receive a Flirty Moodlet from Flirty Paintings. They’ll have to look elsewhere to find love. Mee-yow.
  • Spayed cats will no longer become pregnant after an adventure from the Free Spirit trait. Now they’re super fixed.
  • Pet toys will no longer stick to cats when they’re finished playing with them. They’ll stay on the floor, as they should!
  • Fixed situations where Sims were unable to adopt cats or dogs.
  • Sims who belong to played households can no longer be employed by the Vet Clinic.
  • Sims now face the right direction when fishing in Brindleton Bay. The water is thataway!
Romantic Garden Stuff
  • When a new child is successfully summoned using the Wishing Well, the child is now actually added to the household. The magic had to be tweaked, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Vintage Glamour Stuff
  • We’ve added an interaction to send the Butler to sleep so that time will speed up when everyone in the household is now sleeping.
  • You can now remove Vanity Makeup with a new interaction on the vanity table.
Laundry Day Stuff
  • The maid will no longer put folded clothes back into the washer and dryer. They were just trying to help…badly.
Fitness Stuff
  • Earbuds now raise a Sim’s fun need while music is streaming directly into their ears.
Bowling Night Stuff
  • Sims can now socialize with each other while bowling, because it’s not like they’re breaking a sweat with rigorous athleticism.
  • Sims will level up their bowling skill more quickly now.
  • Sims can now choose between 3, 5, or 10 frame games of bowling, with the winning Sim’s score shown at the end of the game.
My First Pet Stuff
  • Sims, and especially pets, will now be a bit less obsessed with their rodents.
  • Sims who owned a rodent will become sad for a period of time when their rodent dies.
-SimGuruGrant
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:19 PM
I've actually gone through and ripped out several mods that were outdated, even by a month...my mods folder feels so molested and dismantled... LOL! Now it's off for a nap before I start trying to put it back together since several mods are in the process of being tested/repaired...

​Mind ye Threefold Law, ye should—three Times bad, and three Times good. An' it harm none, do what ye will.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:26 PM Last edited by Teostar : 19th Jun 2018 at 10:38 PM.
Strangely enough the major features of the patch were not mentioned in the patch notes.
- Hot Weather and Cold Weather clothing categories have been added for all Sims. Without Seasons, they have no functionality.
- Swimwear category has been added for toddlers. But no new swimwear clothing for them, the only thing available (with clothing filters) is the alien diaper from the Get to Work expansion.
- Glass Roofs have been added. 6 Styles, under the Roof Patterns section, allowing you to apply them to any roof. And yes, light does pass through them and leave amazing shadows.
- The Gardening Update:
- A new Gardening category has been added under Outdoor Activities in Build mode.
- Seed Packets are now available to be bought directly from Build mode. Certain packets require a certain gardening level or pack, otherwise you won't see them in the list. They can now be opened while they're on the ground and not in your Sim's inventory. Uncommon and Rare Seed Packets have been added, unlocked at higher levels of the Gardening skill, allowing you to easily get the rarer plants without having to go through the hassle.
- Brand new UI when you mouse over a plant, now it displays a progress bar divided in 5 parts. The Bar represents the evolution level of the plant, also the levels have been shortened from 10 to 5.
- You can now Research a plant by clicking on it, which will add information regarding that plant to your Sim's notebook. (Information like during which Seasons it grows, what you graft it with and what you get and rarity level)
- The Water/Weeding times of all plants on a lot have been synchronized for an easier experience.
- New gardening interactions like: Weed/Water/Harvest/Sell All, which allows a Sim to tend to multiple plants at once. You can also now sell harvestables directly from plants, and a Super Sell interaction is unlocked at level 8, allowing you to sell them for a greater price.
- A Re-Traiting portion is now available for 5000 points in the Rewards Store. It allows you to change a Sim's chosen traits, excluding the bonus trait granted by an aspiration.
- Some minor UI updates. New icon for the Walls Up/Down/Half button.
- Also, this patch broke the Skill cheats. They don't work anymore. SimGurus have noticed and are working on it.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:30 PM
Toddlers having Swimwear without seasons is pointless, too, isn't it? Is there any other object they can interact with that require swimwear?
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
Toddlers having Swimwear without seasons is pointless, too, isn't it? Is there any other object they can interact with that require swimwear?

Maybe while splashing in the toilet?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru

Currently, without Seasons, it is pointless. Also the only swimwear outfit they have is the alien diaper.
I would assume they added that and the Hot and Cold Weather clothing categories in the patch for future packs. Potentially packs that include worlds that are mountainous and snowy or hot and tropical. Or, in the case of toddler swimwear, future packs that recycle the Seasons kiddie pool with new designs.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
odd bug with the patch.. laundry on the clothesline is invisible.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Default "It's The Big One, Elizabeth!"
Kudos to Deaderpool, who (as far as I can tell) had MCCC updated before the patch even came out.

Lots of aesthetic changes as has been said, and some subtle changes to gardening (including the promised "sell all produce" function). Other than that, while I'm guessing my game is leaner than most in terms of CC, I haven't noticed any significant conflicts yet. At least, I haven't even come close to making my game asplodiate in the fabled Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space.

Oh, and the major mod that is apparently broken is the one I can't mention here but rhymes approximately with "Sick Med Sims." Not that I'd know anything about that of course. :D
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
https://clips.twitch.tv/TallToughTireRitzMitz

This was a funny bug.

Hell it wasn't!!

my sim had it, he would walk like that his entire life, 'till he passed away from old age
while playing with this household I could right click the buff to remove it (using UI cheat extension mod only for that reason) and it would fix him for a little while
than he'll return to walk like that a few minutes later..

and when I moved to play with his sons and so on his grand and great grand-children (legacy game) in a different households I kept seeing him around walking like this
while I couldn't fix it than.

I also had to be present in every baby's birthday, to make sure no one gets the Wild trait by any chance while growing up into a toddler
it's what caused the issue.

I was so happy to see this fix, that I was shouting "FUCKING FINALLY!!!" so loud that I might woke up my neighbors
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM
Sims who belong to played households can no longer be employed by the Vet Clinic.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so sick of seeing my sim self working in teh vet clinic when I'm supposed to be retired. Another sim who was being assigned to the vet clinic was getting her work outfit messed up by this!!

We’ve added an interaction to send the Butler to sleep so that time will speed up when everyone in the household is now sleeping.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! FINALLY.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Only one Base Game top tagged for cold weather for adult females... There's a few other ones they could have added.

Also, pre-mades don't have default outfits in these categories. However, I didn't really expect them to do that anyway.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Only one Base Game top tagged for cold weather for adult females... There's a few other ones they could have added.

Also, pre-mades don't have default outfits in these categories. However, I didn't really expect them to do that anyway.

You're supposedly able to add clothes to those categories yourself with the tagging - I haven't booted up my game yet so I don't actually know how it will work, but I think the idea is that you can sort all those jackets and things out of the everyday category into cold weather, and put all the short sleeves and such into the hot weather.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:54 PM
The patch messed up the fast-forwarding (at least in my game). Fast-forwarding now only goes at what seems like 2-times speed.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM
> Spayed cats will no longer become pregnant after an adventure from the Free Spirit trait. Now they’re super fixed.

THANK GOD!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:14 AM
is there a list of outdated/updated mods?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlydunham
is there a list of outdated/updated mods?

There's one here:
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/
Scholar
#17 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:29 AM
Don't get overexcited about those fixes until you test them and see for yourself, we know how EA are like now...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
You're supposedly able to add clothes to those categories yourself with the tagging - I haven't booted up my game yet so I don't actually know how it will work, but I think the idea is that you can sort all those jackets and things out of the everyday category into cold weather, and put all the short sleeves and such into the hot weather.

Are you sure? The only thing I'm able to do is remove the outfit category tag under cold weather, which allows you to put anything on them.

BTW, if you haven't updated yet. Maybe hold off on it, seems there's many issues in this recent patch.
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/the-...e-latest-patch/

Do they test these patches out at all? This just comes across as extremely rushed...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Are you sure? The only thing I'm able to do is remove the outfit category tag under cold weather, which allows you to put anything on them.

BTW, if you haven't updated yet. Maybe hold off on it, seems there's many issues in this recent patch.
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/the-...e-latest-patch/

Do they test these patches out at all? This just comes across as extremely rushed...

Wait, how do you break a patch?!

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
There's one here:
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/

The most helpful link ever
the helpful tag wasn't thankful enough
thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:14 AM
They added a whole outfit category for toddlers that requires an expansion pack to even use.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:28 AM
I have to adjust what I said before just a bit. The changes to gardening aren't necessarily "subtle." One welcome thing (in addition to the "sell all" function) is that weeds are now visible for the first time!

On the other hand, it seems I can no longer use my hack of sending a Sim to the Spice Festival and the Romance Festival for no other reason than to harvest all the plants and get that sweet, sweet dragonfruit money. At least, when I tried it, the plants wouldn't bear a harvest, even after I waited a while. On the other hand, is it me, or were wild produce values rebalanced? I think this was also a promised change. I never bothered harvesting wild strawberries before as it wasn't worth it, but now it seems to be worth it.

Another oddity is that, at least in the neighborhood I'm currently using in Oasis Springs, wild plants seem for the most part to have twins where they didn't before. Oh, and there are some gardening animation weirdnesses, but in other news, the sky is blue.

The other place where I'm finding issues is in broken appliances not being visibly broken, at least in my game. So I send my toon to the shower to find that the only useful option is "Repair." A backless shower tub that I really liked (by plasticbox) seems broken entirely, as in literally forever broken (my Sim gained two entire Handiness skill points while trying in vain to fix it).

I could wish to be able to hide the hot and cold weather categories in CAS, since I've decided not to buy Seasons (at least not immediately). Other than that, I'd say my game is only slightly less playable than usual. And like the rest of you, I will wait for the patch of the patch. I only hope that there will not be a patch of the patch of the patch this time.
Scholar
#23 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 20th Jun 2018 at 6:38 AM.
Kids can't ask parent to spray monster under bed and option to do so is not available to parents. Child was bothered by monster at 5 in the evening.

Edit: It's back now, don't know what happened.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM
No complaints so far.

Replaced Deaderpool's MCCC mods to be up to date, but other than that, I have yet to update the UI mod or any plants because I don't know if weerbesu or icemunmun or any other content makers here are up to date.

Don't know about the hair, clothes, shoes and accessories I have as custom content from Silver Moon Sims Tumblr, but I wasn't able to download the Princess Serenity set of content or even the crowns at the least. (It wasn't available due to technical issues from the creator)

I eventually will update my entire game's content. For now, it's a matter of waiting for everyone else to catch up with the updates. I don't have much, so it shouldn't be too much for me.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#25 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:42 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 20th Jun 2018 at 6:37 AM.
All of my custom CC; hair, clothes and objects seem to be working but I think "NO autonomous put away toys" might be broken.

EDIT: I take back what I said about kids not being able to ask to spray monster, and the option to spray monster being gone. Looks like that's back, don't know why it was gone. Oddly though, when my sims want to eat food, it says, instead of "eat cookie" it says "Eat _Sims_Name" which is weird.
Page 1 of 3