Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:26 PM
So I did this test. I had a family that I had not been playing since installing AL. The do have a teenage son (it's their own child) and he did return home whit homework. The downloadsfolder was now back in the Sims2 folder (minus college adjuster). I will do some more testing whit other familys but I will not do that today.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 11:07 AM
Hi again.

To be very honest I have not been doing any testing. I don't feel like I have the time to play and when I do I tend to play other famiys instead. I will, however, take care of this and do some testing later on.

But I wake this thread again because I came up whit a theory last night. In the thread there was some talking about OMSPs (I have a bad habbit of calling them "omps" insted but nevermind ). I have been playing whit this things on the now broken lot but as I still could not work out how this darn things work I did delete them from the lot. Is it possible that this things had an effect on the lot? And if so why does it only effect the teenagers? There is an other lot in my Uni subhood there I did test OMSPs but as far as I know this lot is fine (and the sim who used to live there have moved "home" again so I can not test it). The sim was/is also fine. As I don't use this things I'm going to throw them out of my downloads folder. If the lot is doomed it's OK but if the sims are corrupt it's a problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:56 PM
Today I went back to this fsmily again and took the drastical decision to move the family out, thinking that the lot was borked. So I did move them out, bulldozed the lot, placed a new lot (gave it the same name, my bad) and decorated it. The family was moved back in and now the kids drow to school. When the returned they steped out of the car and checked their report cards and then reseted as they use to. No homework! What's going on!? How can two teenagers be borked for no reason?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:11 PM
Do they have parents? Is one or both parents not there? There is a bug where the code looks for a parent to wave a report card at and not finding it will reset the kid. You might need a mod called 'get parents'.

Can you please not triple post, it's against site rules. If you need to bump your thread because it's gone off the page that is okay.

Edit: I found it. It's from Simbiology. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:19 PM
I have had this before, and get it from time to time.

It could be a mod. In my case, I found out a couple of times that the homework hides under or in a piece of CC, though this may not be the case with you, since the homework apparently disappears when the kid steps off the bus.

I admire your resolve! I just use the homework adjuster and move the grade up or down until the kid goes to college. Usually, the problem goes away at that point. As someone else here wrote, sometimes if a mod messes something up, you might not think the problem is worth fixing.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do they have parents? Is one or both parents not there? There is a bug where the code looks for a parent to wave a report card at and not finding it will reset the kid. You might need a mod called 'get parents'.

Can you please not triple post, it's against site rules. If you need to bump your thread because it's gone off the page that is okay.

Edit: I found it. It's from Simbiology. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8588.0

I did post today to add info, if you check the dates you see that my posts are far away from each other in time. If that's agains the rules it's your problem.

As told before, if I recall correctly, the girls mom lives on the lot but the boy fo not have any parent there (she moved out). I thought this could be part of the problem but was not sure. Maybe the game gets "unsure " how to treat the excisting parent. It make sence. OK, I will play whitout taking notice of this.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:02 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Oct 2018 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I was being a little snarky there.
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
If that's against the rules it's your problem.

Moving right along ....

One reason why people may not be responding is that honestly, they don't know the answer. Sometimes, this game does weird stuff that no one can explain. I of all people should know!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
If that's against the rules it's your problem.

@Mrmo No this isn't my problem. Also consider this now to be a friendly warning. I will refer you to the site rules. http://modthesims.info/t/517758

I did notice your post dates, that's why I said it's okay to bump if your post falls off the first page. If you have to post in a row like this because nobody responds please use the edit button to combine some of your older posts.

Quote:
the boy fo not have any parent there (she moved out).

The mod I linked to is the answer for that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2