Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 6:09 PM
Default do you keep original haircolors (&skin/eyecolor)
so when your sims get babies, do you keep the haircolor (skin and eyes too) that they were born with?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 8:16 PM
I usually change them to something in between those of the parents, if necessary.

But then again, I tend to be a micromanager like that.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 7:07 AM
I'm sometimes confused how genetics work, as I once got Morgan Fryes married to a white guy, then they had a child, but the child was black, I can only presume maybe its because her sister and father are black, I kept the child black, but I she looks so much more like Siobhan's daughter instead.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 7:07 AM
Normally I do yes, especially eyecolor.
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 8:59 AM
They keep the skincolour and haircolour. Most of the ties they'll keep their eyecolour as well, unless they're brown eyes. I don't like brown eyes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Change skin if it's black, eyes if it's an unnatural color (from vampires mostly) and hair again if it's something unnatural... though I haven't seen that happen yet, is weird hair even genetic?

toddlers and children can only have haircolors from the firsst row of colors so no
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 12:35 PM
Depends. With the twins of my main couple, I want one of them to have dad's silver-white hair. But since that's not an option for toddler hair (unless it's a CC hair that adds that swatch), they end up blackhaired or I give them mom's haircolor, until they reach an age where they can have silver-white hair.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:58 PM
In my normal saves with CC, Yes if their hair is unnatural(blue), or If my skintones mess up.
In my MM saves, only if they get that mustard yellow blonde.
I replaced the red/purple default colors with brown eyes so at least I wont have to bother fixing those if my sims marry a townie.

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:36 PM
I usually keep it, unless it's an absurd combination I don't feel like entertaining for that child. Like very dark skin with red or blonde hair and blue or green eyes. People like this exist, yes but I don't want 50 sims like this. And no one gets the yellow/mustard hair. I use that as a 'bad dye job' swatch only.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:12 PM
Sometimes. I've found I enjoy doing makeovers now that Seasons has added some cuter options but there still aren't many options for like hair color or eye color so I sometimes just leave it and call it a day.
Scholar
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:22 PM
If I play the pregnancy roulette, then I keep what ever I'm getting. But if the parents are sims that I'm very attached to I'm not taking any chances. In this case they are getting a handcrafted toddler from CAS via the play with genetics feature.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:08 PM
Change skin if it's black, eyes if it's an unnatural color (from vampires mostly) and hair again if it's something unnatural... though I haven't seen that happen yet, is weird hair even genetic?

Yes. The child will have normal hair color as a toddler and child, then it will change to the parent's hair color when they hit teen.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 5:24 PM

Why do you change the skintone if it's 'black'? Do you do that for all of your sims?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 9:10 PM
I like to work with what The Watcher provided them (actually... I'm The Watcher.... But you know what I mean).
I also don't like to screw around with body shapes or facial structure. If I want to make a sim from scratch, I make one from scratch.