Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:05 AM Last edited by PuddingFace : 10th Oct 2018 at 9:29 AM.
Default Sims 4 get famous expansion pack! What are your thoughts?
So I just saw the trailer for the get famous expansion pack

What do you guys think about it? I think it's great, the acting career looks good and detailed. But I was sort of hoping for something different like a witch game pack since it's halloween and all or Universities. And I think Sims 4 already had a lot of partying and luxurios upper class related stuff. But still it's good to know they'll release more E.P.s per year from now on. So we're more likely to get the things we want.

Edit:- Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmd...ameSpotTrailers The embedded link is not playing for me

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:24 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:28 AM
Thank you I wonder what I was doing wrong.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

#5 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:57 AM
From what I can gather from bits and pieces it means that ANY in game career(probably not custom unless they can figure out a way to tie it to the fame system) can make you famous (So like a famous chef or scientist) which is nice because it adds a layer of more depth to the game in terms of storytelling. Acting seems to be like the Get To Work style career and i'm pretty keen to see how that plays out.

However Sacrificial should be breathing a huge sigh of relief right now because from what I can see from this trailer Road To Fame is still going to be sorely needed to flesh out what this EP didn't offer.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Meh, I wanted something with robots, like Into The Future.

Yea Robots would be cool. I love them in Sims 3.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:21 PM
Seeing the trailer turned me off because I'm not into 'movie star' however I would very love to had my sims become famous according to their skill mastery, so fingers crossed until further update!
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:07 PM
I do like the concept. I was a bit disappointed in how they handled this in the Sims 3, however, I saw a post on Twitter from Grant stating they took a look at the pros and cons to the celebrity system in the sims 3

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...710134618873856.

Quote:
We did a lot of work researching the pros and cons of past celebrity implementations. I think the team did a great job for TS4.

I do realize this is something he's stated before with Cats and Dogs and a lot of people were pretty upset about it. I think I was one of the few that loved the idea of noncontrollable pets (Loved it in the sims 2) Yet I did have a problem with the fact that you cannot see their needs or other things you would be able to check up on as you would in the sims 2. Anyway, that being said, I realize that taking his work for it is not the best idea or logical idea out there lol, However, I seriously am hoping they did a lot of researching and tuned out the flaws to the issues with the celebrity system in the Sims 3.

I like the idea of the system and I really like the idea that my sim's "Trainer To The Stars" hubby would actually be famous and she can actually be a famous celebrity chef. I am curious to see how this will be implemented. How are they going to add the celebrity system to all of the other careers in the game? I know on other threads I haven't been exactly gaga over this, but they have a history of pumping up a pack and then it flopping so again LIKE the concept but can they implement it successfully? I haven't played with the road to fame mod to know much about it, but I know a lot of people said there was A LOT to do in it. I guess I'm just waiting to see gameplay and hear some reviews before I decided to sink my teeth into buying this pack. There are still a lot of questions to be answered about this pack. How much is really in it? Other than a world and Active acting career and adding fame to other careers.

I will say this I can't say it will be crap without knowing for sure what all is in the pack and how everything works. I was not super hyped like a lot of folks despite my liking for acting in rl. So I guess we will just have to see in the next few weeks what else they tell us...
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:47 PM
As long as they remember to include the "Turn Celebrity System Off" button like they had in Sims 3 it's all good-- not really into playing celebrity sims and if it worked like it did in TS3 they will pretty much become famous for breathing and my cat loving introvert couple has no interest in the fame game -- love the objects and historical costumes thought and a new city with apartments will be cool
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:55 PM
Looked kinda of a weak one.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
However Sacrificial should be breathing a huge sigh of relief right now because from what I can see from this trailer Road To Fame is still going to be sorely needed to flesh out what this EP didn't offer.

For sure, NPC bodyguards is one thing he has that they can't somehow produce.
Instructor
#12 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
As long as they remember to include the "Turn Celebrity System Off" button like they had in Sims 3 it's all goodl

I'm sure they'll put it right next to the On/Off toggles for aliens, vampires and specific seasons.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Goldbear : 10th Oct 2018 at 5:09 PM.
Based on the trailer it looks more game pack than expansion.

I really hope not everyone gets famous just because their childhood best friend whom they haven’t seen since summer is an internet celeb, they become famous by association.

If the acting career is one grindy checklist I won’t buy it.
The influencer career is being patched in so essentially we are paying for one career and a world.

Curious to see what the reputation system will be like. I love Superstar, I’m not sure this will be as good.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Based on the trailer it looks more game pack than expansion.

Hmm, do I smell a pattern here? It seems the type of category for one of two are based on the following criteria

Is this a recurring theme of an expansion pack comeback?
- Yes: then it's settled! Categorize it as "EP" which has the price tag of $40. (TS4GF = TSS, TS4= past games' pet expansions, TS4:S = past games' season expansions, TS4CL = TS2AL, TS4GT = TS3LN/TS2NL, TS4GTW = TS3A.
- No: which can be a particular mechanic/feature taken from past games and/or their content (restaurant system, vampires, parenting, spa, tomb raiding, single destination world), and therefor are made in GP (or sometimes even take the return into stuff pack).

Not on what type or how much of content are stuffed into those. Though quite ironically, EP often suffer from poor quality than GP, unlike the terminology is that's used to define the magnitude.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I'm sure they'll put it right next to the On/Off toggles for aliens, vampires and specific seasons.

Oh snap!

Scholar
#16 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:06 PM
Probably the only one looking forward to it, but I hope I can opt out if I decide I don't want a sim to be a celebrity. I hated that about TS3 celebs.
#17 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 11:45 PM
It'll probably turn out to be that the celebrity system only works if you're living in Del Sol Valley. Though to me that's kind of a turn off, because if i want my poetry author to be famous for his books and they have a house in willow creek he cant do it despite fame being tied to all careers or so they said. Guess we'll just have to wait for the 22nd to find out all the little details.
Scholar
#18 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:53 AM
Another copy-and-paste of an uninspired and saccharine DLC done several times in the previous generations, rehashed and marketed to people's shallow and empty obsession with fame. The highlight was the close up of the film set's low poly and untextured spotlight, making us all nostalgic for those mid-2000's PS2 era graphics.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Smeg Head
#19 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:52 AM
Work has already begun on a mod to kill annoying paparazzi in the most horrible, agonising way possible. Get this pack and you're gonna need it.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#21 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Looked kinda of a weak one.

You could apply this sentence to any EP, so far.

We had Get Together for party stuff, and now this? I recall LGR saying that it seems every life simulator game these days has to have an expansion pack that deals with party life, but I thought he was joking... I don't mind celebrity-like stuff, as long as it really works. As in, I don't want my Sim to get hit with a scandal because she woohood with the occult (that's her husband) or even had a baby out of wedlock (what is this, the 1950s?), or any other stupid stuff that really doesn't make sense. Yes, there should be an option to turn the celebrity system off... and have it really NOT be active at all for your current household. I recall the celebrity system in Sims 3 had issues like that...

But I agree with pirate_wolf.
Can we have an EP that is NOT a rehash of a previous EP? Okay, I can understand seasons. That's a basic thing for a LIFE simulator game. Maybe even Get To Work because OfB was a really popular EP for Sims 2. But that does not mean we need World Aventures (Jungle Adventure), Nightlife (Get Together + this Get Famous), and others again. I won't mind if we get an EP or GP akin to Supernatural, that adds all the previous occult lifestages, as long as they aren't just bland rehashes of what they were in Sims 3, with half of their features removed.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:06 PM
Nightlife is a very real part of the modern human experience. People enjoy their parties, nightclubs, bars, lounges - all of it.

My issue is how they handle them. They typically focus on the adult experience. Nightlife got it right with the addition of clubs, but also bowling alleys that other age groups can enjoy (teens go out at night - gasp!). While we don’t need bowling in a Nightlife pack, barcades are quite popular, and I can see some kind of mix of Arcades for Teens, Clubbing for Young Adults, and Bars for Adults and Elders.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#23 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:54 PM
Eh is all I could say about it. I never really care for celebrities and fame which is why I avoid tv and social media unless I chat with family members,relatives and friends. I'm alright and satisfied with just Sims 2 and 3. I don't need more stuff clogging up my already low hard drive especially for a game that i'm not interested in to even begin with. I'll just wait for the announcement of Sims 5 and see what that game has to offer before I get excited for another new Sims release since Sims 4 would never be the game that I really want to play with the little amount of content they had cooked up for it even after 4 years. Even the announcement that they're finally bringing back the terrain tools made me want to roll my eyes because that was already in the last previous Sims games to begin with. Have a beautiful day everyone and I hope that the next Sims iteration would be better than what we already have.
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Nightlife is a very real part of the modern human experience. People enjoy their parties, nightclubs, bars, lounges - all of it.

My issue is how they handle them. They typically focus on the adult experience. Nightlife got it right with the addition of clubs, but also bowling alleys that other age groups can enjoy (teens go out at night - gasp!). While we don’t need bowling in a Nightlife pack, barcades are quite popular, and I can see some kind of mix of Arcades for Teens, Clubbing for Young Adults, and Bars for Adults and Elders.

I'm seriously wondering why arcades aren't a thing yet. That's a good thing for almost all lifestages. That should have been a stuff pack long ago... Or should have been added to the bowling pack we got because we all know bowling alleys have their arcade areas. So I don't really get it. I mean I get people wanting things returned as you said but why not add something new we've never seen before or will they start doing that once they run out of things we already had in previous games... Maybe that's another way they will extend this out as long as possible. It's just sad because so far with everything at full price your going to spend a pretty penny ( I just caculated $540 US dollars for everything including the new EP coming and that just with the basic base game with deluxe edition it comes to $550. All my calculations also don't include tax). My husband is always telling me how much of a scam he sees this game as. He's asked me the other day if this is their 4th game why weren't things from the past put into the base game and then they expand from there with new ideas. He said it's just a scam that they're doing things the way they are and it's sad that people are falling for it. He was pretty pissed at the fact that I was giving them the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. I'm sure if he didn't care about me liking the franchise so much he would have never bought the sims 4 for me in the first place.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 9:06 PM
Since it hasn't been said yet: if this EP doesn't give me a toilet that sings AND dances AS WELL AS making fancy froo-froo appetizers, I want no part of it.
Page 1 of 5