Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:11 AM
Garlic necklace. XD

You can fake the double coffin. https://crabofdoom.dreamwidth.org/6874.html
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 11:31 PM
Aging but more slowly and able to benefit from the Elixir of Life, and for a delay before the rapid motive decay kicks in. Also a garlic that you can keep in a sim's inventory that keeps a grand vampire from biting that person.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 12:57 AM
For the motive decay - apparently vampires suffer less motive decay when they are inside, and if they leave the inside via stairs, an elevator, or an archway the game doesn't properly update their "insideness" until they complete their current action (which, if the current action is "go to work" may never happen while the vampire is still on the lot).
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 6:33 PM
It looks like the idea of changing the way influence for vampires works has been fulfilled! Thanks to Midge The Tree! :lovestruc
You can get the mod here.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Checked the file and sure enough, one of the first things I apparently did with it was deleting the conflicting resource so it operates how, as far as I can tell, Shaklin's original version did (which I found to be easier than actually finding a working link for the original mod). That must be why I never noticed the conflict. I'll go inform sims-influence.

Did you get a response?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:15 AM
Only one that indicates they don't understand how to check for hack conflicts or what a conflict could mean, or what the purpose of putting hacks in a folder starting with "z" is. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they will make a compatible version. I've made one for myself, but I don't know if it's kosher to upload it here.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Did you get a response?

Yep, but sims-influence didn't really understand and never responded to my elaboration. Perhaps I should've sent it as a second ask instead... tumblr communication is hard.

EDIT: Looks like kestrellyn ninja'd me .

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 10:01 AM
Anything that would affect the gameplay on a meaningful level.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Only one that indicates they don't understand how to check for hack conflicts or what a conflict could mean, or what the purpose of putting hacks in a folder starting with "z" is. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they will make a compatible version. I've made one for myself, but I don't know if it's kosher to upload it here.

Can you tell us what you had to change?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:15 PM
I basically copied the part of the creaturefixes BHAV that affects the Grand Vampires into this mod and had it load after creaturefixes. This code begins on line 0x6 and ends on line 0xC of the creaturefixes BHAV, and I inserted it at line 0x5 of the other mod.
Inventor
#36 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:29 PM
I wish vampirism in Ts2 was genetical, so vampires could have vamp children. They could even work like these in Ts4 - their actual powers etc coming out in teenage stage and before that they would only inherit the looks.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 6:09 PM
Finally got a response from sims-influence who asked me to upload a compatible version of the mod, so the original post will be edited soon to link to that.

AKA Midge the Tree
Alchemist
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:36 PM
made the grand vampire outfits available to Teen through Elder.
after fixing Teen's meshes, might convert those outfits to Toddler & Child.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:48 AM
I remember reading that in TS3 "Vampire toddlers will sometimes bite the necks of teddy bears." Is that not the cutest sentence? I would love for vampire toddlers and children to be a thing. I think teens are already, but I think little toddlers biting their teddy bears is the most adorable thing ever. I was so disappointed that they didn't do it in TS4, because that's exactly the kind of whimsical silliness that you expect from the sims. That whole game takes itself far too seriously and a lot of the magic is lost. Anyway, back on topic. Vampire toddlers, and maybe clothes for them, and then vampire children who have to attend night school or who don't go to school at all because they are technically 'undead' and so the authorities don't expect them to lol.
Alchemist
#40 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:31 AM
It's true, and it's so cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFikG5Ut2s
Mad Poster
#41 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM
Vampires don't age though, so a vampire toddler would always be a toddler.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:42 AM
So I guess that must mean that vampires in TS3 and 4 *do* age? Is this sort of like the lame TS3 "ghosts" which were just see-through sims with no real special properties?
Alchemist
#43 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:54 AM
Vampires don't age though, so a vampire toddler would always be a toddler.
Yeah, if you coded it that way, but there's no reason that you have to.

In TS3, vampires age normally until young adulthood, then they age slowly. In TS4, the age normally until young adulthood and then they stop aging.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:24 AM
Real vampires are undead. They can't age or have babies. The only way they get a kid is if they bite a child and then that child is a child forever.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:34 AM
Finally got a response from sims-influence who asked me to upload a compatible version of the mod, so the original post will be edited soon to link to that.

I don't suppose you made a compatible version of the original mod without the relationship checks?
Alchemist
#46 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:06 PM
Real vampires are undead. They can't age or have babies. The only way they get a kid is if they bite a child and then that child is a child forever.
EA has expanded on the lore, not that they are the first to make vampirism genetic. Other stories have done it. Plus The idea of humans having magic babies with vampires is a very old concept.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Radium : 23rd Oct 2018 at 8:01 PM.
I don't suppose you made a compatible version of the original mod without the relationship checks?

I could do that. I'll edit my tumblr post with links when it's done.

EDIT: done

AKA Midge the Tree
Mad Poster
#48 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:23 AM
I could do that. I'll edit my tumblr post with links when it's done.

EDIT: done

Thanks! I just don't think that my vampires should have to be friendly with someone in order to drag them into a dark alley and feed off them. XD
Mad Poster
#49 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:00 PM
I'm still showing a conflict with creaturefixes (same conflict as I got with Shaklin's original version). This is the updated version without the relationship test.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Social - Kiss of the Vampire - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F01EC29
Instance ID: 0x000022F8
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\MODS\LOADORDER-supernaturals\a1pescado-creaturefixes.package
\downloads\MODS\LOADORDER-supernaturals\midgethetree_shaklin_vampkiss_more_interactions.package
Mad Poster
#50 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:14 PM
They said that it would still show a conflict, but would be alright as long as it loaded after creaturefixes.
Page 2 of 4