Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:04 AM
Default Having trouble meeting your criteria
I seem to be having trouble in some areas in upload process. 1 Not sure that my text description is in the correct field when I type it in as I don't ever see it in preview. 2 When I check expansions that I used creating build not all of them show up in preview (example I used Supernatural, Late Nite, University Life, Ambitions but preview only shows Supernatural, Late Nite, Ambitions icons). 3 My first upload screenshots I took with camera in game and resized the ones that were over file size limit with paint program but kept same aspect ratio-these were stated to meet your criteria, but upon second upload of new screenshots using exact same process-these were stated to not meet your criteria.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:25 PM
On the sidebar you see different areas marked 1 to 13.
'10. Main Text' is the largest box. It's where you should put your description about the house, and maybe some pictures.
There are 2 other,smaller boxes which are a preview description where you can describe the home in 20 words or less, which will be shown when users click the 'more info' link in the download section (Ex.: 2 bed. 1 bath. cottage), and a box to give credits to, say CC creators (Ex.: Thanks to [username] for the CC).

Irfanview is a free and simple picture altering software. I use it myself for my uploads. Instead of reducing the actual picture size, you can compress the filesize with it using the 'Save for the Web' Plugin. The quality will be decreased ever so slightly that it's barely noticable. A 2-3% decrease in quality can make a filesize go from 890kb to 750kb or even less.

I hope this helped you out a little, I can't help you with the EP problem though, sorry.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 10:44 AM
Moving to Creator issues!

Ohh Johnny that's actually a really great suggestion, the program that is! Kinda wanna try it myself now :P

Hi @fascisthater
Quote:
2 When I check expansions that I used creating build not all of them show up in preview (example I used Supernatural, Late Nite, University Life, Ambitions but preview only shows Supernatural, Late Nite, Ambitions icons).

If it doesn't show things correctly, it might be wise checking it with a different browser. Browsers are weird things anyways! Sometimes it can be cookies causing it or just the fact you're using edge/internet explorer. Also making a thread in Site Issues can help a lot so our tech guy can check it out

Quote:
3 My first upload screenshots I took with camera in game and resized the ones that were over file size limit with paint program but kept same aspect ratio-these were stated to meet your criteria, but upon second upload of new screenshots using exact same process-these were stated to not meet your criteria.

You can indeed check Johnny_bravo's great tool there to see if that fixes anything, though if they were stated as not meeting the criteria it's always good to check either what the grading says or the comments added to it to have a better understanding of what needs changing

Looking however to what needs doing on this download: http://www.modthesims.info/d/620712...#carouselthumbs
What might have been the thing the Moderator caught its eyes on was the fact that the images are a tad blurry, thus that it might make it harder for people to really see the floorplan. There are a few things causing this:

- Upscaling the image. For this, try to change the resolution in the game settings, that way you get bigger images. upscaling will cause the images to have a bad quality
- Graphics card. Although, even though it might make the game run laggy, it's better to higher the settings and lower it after you've taken the images Or it can help to ask someone else

But I think if it's causing a lot of confusion, you can always ask about this in your moderation queue thread that the site automatically generates for you to discuss things http://www.modthesims.info/t/620732

Hope this helps!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
On the sidebar you see different areas marked 1 to 13.
'10. Main Text' is the largest box. It's where you should put your description about the house, and maybe some pictures.
There are 2 other,smaller boxes which are a preview description where you can describe the home in 20 words or less, which will be shown when users click the 'more info' link in the download section (Ex.: 2 bed. 1 bath. cottage), and a box to give credits to, say CC creators (Ex.: Thanks to [username] for the CC).

Irfanview is a free and simple picture altering software. I use it myself for my uploads. Instead of reducing the actual picture size, you can compress the filesize with it using the 'Save for the Web' Plugin. The quality will be decreased ever so slightly that it's barely noticable. A 2-3% decrease in quality can make a filesize go from 890kb to 750kb or even less.

I hope this helped you out a little, I can't help you with the EP problem though, sorry.
Thanks for your reply. I did download this program but I might need to learn more about it before I can use it properly. I also read that you shouldn't resize the front view or floor plans in any way but other shots could be so that might have been the problem. I did find where to place the description that I originally thought was just for pictures.