Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 4:37 AM
Divorce Questions
Just curious what exactly happens with possessions in divorces. Everything I've looked up is super vague or non-existent, and I've read multiple forums mentioning random things that happen.

Basically, what happens with money? I know the sims stay in the same house unless you split them up, so is there just no change to money unless you manually split up the household and divvy things out yourself? Because I also saw someone say that random objects from the house went with different sims in a divorce, but I can't find anything about that.

And are there any divorce settlement/inheritance/etc mods out there? I couldn't find much myself, just curious if it's ever really been done.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 6:09 AM
Yeah the game is no way that realistic. When two sims divorce, they stay in the same household unless you manually move them out. In which case, the game donates the regular $20k to whoever moved out, and they only keep what's in their personal inventory. Nothing happens with possessions, and the sim will still try to get their ex to hang out with them.

I haven't seen any mods like that, but your best bet would be to ask the WCIF crew (if you find one, let me know, I love realistic mods like that)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
Yeah the game is no way that realistic. When two sims divorce, they stay in the same household unless you manually move them out. In which case, the game donates the regular $20k to whoever moved out, and they only keep what's in their personal inventory. Nothing happens with possessions, and the sim will still try to get their ex to hang out with them.

I haven't seen any mods like that, but your best bet would be to ask the WCIF crew (if you find one, let me know, I love realistic mods like that)

Ah, gotcha. That's too bad, I was hoping there was slightly more to it. Guess I'll have to look up realistic divorce settlements to just cheat things to make sense on my own if it ever happens, haha.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 7:32 AM
The game itself doesn't do much about divorces as mentioned above
but you can use Scumbumbo's Packing Crates mod to take with the moving sim any furniture that you want (which won't go into sims inventories otherwise)
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=557383

and MCCC has a feature of Child Support payment if you click on a computer > MCCC Settings > Money Settings, you should see it there.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 4:49 PM
Doesn't MCCC also allow you to have your sim give another sim an amount you choose without a cap. I know I've done something like that for teens aging up and moving out. So you could act as divorce judge and split the money however you see fit.