Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
PS. I HATE Tumblr, hated it as soon as I saw my page. If anyone knows how to stop some random Giff blinking at me please let me know!

I saw your note to Midge. She's so prolific, I'm checking her a couple times a day!
If you show us your page, maybe someone can tell us how to fix things. I am not adapting very well to Tumblr either. Though I did calm my page down, I can't figure out how to add navigation. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:11 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 17th Feb 2019 at 11:23 PM.
It appeared on the right-hand side and I think it must be official Tumblr. I can click on the X and say unsubscribe and it doesn't. I can go to it and click block and it doesn't. For most people, this is probably just an annoyance, but for someone like me with photosensitive epilepsy it could literally cause a seizure and for that reason, I am thinking of lodging a complaint unless I find an easy way to turn the bloody things off. Yesterday I used the Discord window to cover it, but I shouldn't have to! it's okay if a giff is on a page and I can simply scroll it up, I can enjoy a good giff for a short while (not that it was good it was only annoying) but this area is set and it stays there on the right.

Checked just now and it's gone, but that thing showed under something called 'radar' so its kind of like advertising for Tumblrs I guess. I have ghostery (maybe I should update it) and I have Adblock plus. Also I keep getting Tumblr pop-ups, those are annoying too but at least not a health concern.

I took a screenshot of the gif yesterday. The pop up was just now. In fact two popups in less than 30 seconds.

I think I found a solution! https://itstillworks.com/remove-rad...r-12192470.html
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:46 PM
I think what one should really have is "NoScript" which blocks almost all external scripts (blinking or not.). I use tumblr on a regular basis, and I don't get the effects mentioned.
https://noscript.net/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:01 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Feb 2019 at 12:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I was bored, so I thought it'd be interesting to take a handful of Sims 3 traits and show how I'd apply them to a personality points/aspiration thing. Granted, a lot of this is made up on the spot, so if you have a convincing argument on why I'm wrong I'll probably change my mind.

Remove Completely:
Slob/Neat
Shy/Social Butterfly
Grump/Friendly
Hopeless Romantic
Family-Oriented

Limitations:
Bookworm (Playfulness <5)
Excitable (Outgoing 5>)
Athletic (Active 8>)
Couch Potato (Active <2)
Never Nude (Outgoing <3)
Commitment Issues (Unavailable to Family aspiration)
Dislikes Children (Unavailable to Family aspiration)
Inappropriate (Outgoing 6>)
Loner (Outgoing <4)
Natural Born Performer (Outgoing 6>)
No Sense Of Humour (Playfulness <5)
Party Animal (Outgoing 5>)
Supernatural Skeptic (probably unavailable to Knowledge Sims)
Childish (Playfulness 6>)
Hot-Headed (Niceness <5)
Star Quality (Outgoing 5>)

Taken from another thread (original author of the quote in question. Would be preferable implementation If traits were sorta hinted and incorporated into the amount of personality points have in the said characteristic field. As for kleptomaniac, how about instead of icon Sims were thiefs If they had the burglar bag (or those service sims have in cases whe the host are low in cash to pay them back) or repoman's gun? This would not allow played Sims to be directed to steal, but as well autonomy when they're played or not to steal or even shoplift. Great kisser could be perhaps a perk for Romance Sims, which would provide higher chance or sooner unlock first or any kiss interaction. Bot fan for those who already have golden or any robotic badge for that matter. Daredevil would be qualified for Sims that are active at maximum meanwhile having Pleasure as their aspiration. Virtuoso, handy, natural cook and alike traits could be assign for Sims with the respective predestined hobby they have, regardless of their enthusiasm level in such field. Whether a Sim is a heavy, light or neutral sleeper quirk would be randomize at birth. Interest should also be somewhat determined factor for what Trait Sim will have. And obviously, those with the absent that are absent and cannot be incorperated in this game (like Sailor, equestrian, savvy scultpor, photographer eye) would need to be replace with elements that are present or creative ones that suit in the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:01 AM
Jo, I'm in the same boat with photosensitive epilepsy. What browser do you use? There are extensions for Chrome, Firefox, etc. that will completely stop gifs from being able to animate unless you click them purposely. There's one that I use that stops them, and then I can control the speed at which they will play if I want to watch one.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:08 AM
Okay, I added Stylish and I added the code. Rebooted and it was still there even though Stylish indicates it's working. This radar thing is indestructible.

@Modder that sounds terrific, being able to control the speed. Do you have a name for this add on?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:21 AM
OK, so its not actually all one addon. I use the extension GIF scrubber along with Animation Policy
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
OK, so its not actually all one addon. I use the extension GIF scrubber along with Animation Policy

Strange, did you try changing your theme or something? I don't have that at all, but I don't have any extra blockers that I know of.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Taken from another thread (original author of the quote in question. Would be preferable implementation If traits were sorta hinted and incorporated into the amount of personality points have in the said characteristic field. As for kleptomaniac, how about instead of icon Sims were thiefs If they had the burglar bag (or those service sims have in cases whe the host are low in cash to pay them back) or repoman's gun? This would not allow played Sims to be directed to steal, but as well autonomy when they're played or not to steal or even shoplift. Great kisser could be perhaps a perk for Romance Sims, which would provide higher chance or sooner unlock first or any kiss interaction. Bot fan for those who already have golden or any robotic badge for that matter. Daredevil would be qualified for Sims that are active at maximum meanwhile having Pleasure as their aspiration. Virtuoso, handy, natural cook and alike traits could be assign for Sims with the respective predestined hobby they have, regardless of their enthusiasm level in such field. Whether a Sim is a heavy, light or neutral sleeper quirk would be randomize at birth. Interest should also be somewhat determined factor for what Trait Sim will have. And obviously, those with the absent that are absent and cannot be incorperated in this game (like Sailor, equestrian, savvy scultpor, photographer eye) would need to be replace with elements that are present or creative ones that suit in the game.

Good ideas. I didn't realize some are not in the game, but I see now, they aren't. Hex is setting it up so any we don't want can be removed, though, and, you'll be able to randomize or set them manually by any other criteria you like. Other than adding story, they are really just a set of gates that modders can use.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:30 AM
@Sunrader I also use the new xkit for tumblr and have it set to hide suggested posts and ads, so I don't normally see the sidebar thing Jo is talking about.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:06 AM
I was googling and saw a mention of xkit, so that must be safe. I will look into it later. Be thankful you don't have this radar thing showing, it's horrible. I had to cover it with my Discord Window so I could read my dashboard. If you check out my picture above this radar takes up a large percentage of the area, so it's not even a small sidebar thing, but really prominent.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#36 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:10 AM
The pickpocket mod is for cash, not items. I use both now.

Where do you get the pickpocket mod from?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:27 AM
On here! it was in creator feedback for some time, but it's been up a while now. By omglo. http://modthesims.info/d/622124/pic...nteraction.html

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I think what one should really have is "NoScript" which blocks almost all external scripts (blinking or not.). I use tumblr on a regular basis, and I don't get the effects mentioned.
https://noscript.net/

I used to use NoScript until Firefox updated to the Chrome engine. The new version of NoScript was completely incomprehensible to me, so I switched to uMatrix (made by the same person as uBlock Origin). I find the uMatrix interface much easier to understand and use.

uMatrix for Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...rix/?src=search

uMatrix for Opera - https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/umatrix/

uMatrix for Google Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...eipoejdcf?hl=en

uMatrix home page on github (advanced user manual etc.) - https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/wiki
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 7:42 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 18th Feb 2019 at 8:39 AM.
@RoxEllen1965 I put it on uMatrix but have no clue how to use it or what radar is exactly. Is it a script? media?

I am giving this a try but I don't like how these things block needed things because I don't always understand what I should be leaving blocked or changing to allow. It makes me anxious.
I seem to have at least got MTS, Amazon and Youtube working properly again. Of course, it does not by default block radar! (like I said indestructible, will probably survive the apocalypse along with the cockroaches)
Do you know what I need to click to block that?

Okay trial and error, but blocking something called 66.media has removed it. but I notice on here my User Tools above only works on some pages.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#40 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:00 AM
@joandsarah77 I'm glad you got it working. I don't have a Tumblr account and I do have two ad blockers going in addition to uMatrix (uBlock Origin in my browsers and another adblocker built into my firewall). This means that it's very unlikely that I'll see the same things that you're seeing or be able to give you much help with Tumblr specifics. I did look at the source code for your current Tumblr and I can tell from that this "radar" thing is a javascript of some kind, but that's about all I can make out. I know a bit of basic HTML code - anything much beyond that and I'm lost.

I consider MTS safe, so turned uMatrix blocking completely off for modthesims.info and all the other stuff that runs from here. I'm sorry if uMatrix may seem a bit technical to you. Believe me when I tell you that the last time I looked, I found NoScript to be far more confusing (at least to me).

I found a couple of user guides for uMatrix. It shouldn't matter what browser you're using it with because all the versions of uMatrix seem to have the same interface (I use Firefox and Opera and they both appear to have the same settings and controls). I hope you find these guides easy to follow. Stuff that I find intuitive has been known to confuse other people. The first one looks particularly helpful for people who are unfamiliar with uMatrix.

https://www.bestvpn.com/guides/life...trix-beginners/

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/28/a...de-for-firefox/

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/umatrix-guide.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:51 AM
Well it is all turned off for here, but if I go above and click User Tools it does nothing. I go to the main sims 2 sections and click on, then the drop-down menu shows up.

With the Tumblr radar image, turning it off also turns all the other images off too I realized, so not ideal but better than nothing.

My add blocker is Addblock plus. Should I consider adding a second one?

Thanks for the links. Confusing but not as confusing as NoScript which I couldn't figure out at all. Should Frame (second last next to other) be red for here? I am including a picture, maybe you can see if something isn't set right.

It also blocking me from using the old style flash picture uploader here.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#42 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:13 PM
It might be useful to others, since Tumblr is so popular with simmers, to take this info to another thread where it can be found more easily.

Have any of you tried out the mods that are using traits so far, or, tried making any? How is that going?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:26 PM
Which mods are using traits?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:38 PM
Well it is all turned off for here, but if I go above and click User Tools it does nothing. I go to the main sims 2 sections and click on, then the drop-down menu shows up.

With the Tumblr radar image, turning it off also turns all the other images off too I realized, so not ideal but better than nothing.

My add blocker is Addblock plus. Should I consider adding a second one?

Thanks for the links. Confusing but not as confusing as NoScript which I couldn't figure out at all. Should Frame (second last next to other) be red for here? I am including a picture, maybe you can see if something isn't set right.

It also blocking me from using the old style flash picture uploader here.

I sent you a PM. I hope it helps.
Alchemist
#45 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 4:07 PM
Since the pickpocketing mod has come up, I want to mention that there is a version that includes trait support.

In situations where traits are similar to skill points or aspirations, the traits could be used to make sub aspirations. For example, maybe hopeless romantics get green memories of getting married/engaged/going steady, and they fall in love faster than the average Sim. Sims with commitment issues are more like the classic Romance Sim, except that they might run away from the altar even if the relationship score is at 100/100. Maybe we can finally get stingy fortune Sims who only want to hoard money and spendthrifts who want to buy everything.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Which mods are using traits?

Hex has already released a few sets. https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/
Ones related to athleticism, water, sleep, humor.... Midgethetree has used them a bit.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
In situations where traits are similar to skill points or aspirations, the traits could be used to make sub aspirations. For example, maybe hopeless romantics get green memories of getting married/engaged/going steady, and they fall in love faster than the average Sim. Sims with commitment issues are more like the classic Romance Sim, except that they might run away from the altar even if the relationship score is at 100/100. Maybe we can finally get stingy fortune Sims who only want to hoard money and spendthrifts who want to buy everything.

Nice idea, we'll be able to have two "fortune" sims who want different things, perhaps. One who is a workaholic and one who is a thief, for example.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 6:41 PM
I've just seen the results of 'random' traits applied to pixels in game:
Sonja Gardner, who has the 'absent-minded' trait, almost set the house on fire when she left the stove to go have some fun in bed...and I had to cancel out that to keep it from happening. (she's an Aries)
So, yeah, I'd say that it's going to be pretty interesting. This same pixel (who's gay) has the 'dislikes children' trait as well. That'll make it easier for her to live her life without issue.
Remember, the Randomizer has the option to check for already existing personality and aspiration. It looks like it's pretty accurate so far.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:48 PM
I am very excited about this new Traits system! :-) As far as I have found, there are currently mods which utilise 16 (of the 99?) 3t2 traits, making those 16 at least somewhat functional in game (though I expect that some or all of those traits will also be affected by other mods in future). I'm currently trying to set up a new 'hood and I'm looking forward to assigning traits to all of the sims! :-)

I like the variety of effects that the traits can have - changes in the chance of interactions between sims succeeding and/or the speed of interactions, and changes in the effect that different interactions/activities have on needs, seem to be the most common ones but there are other things as well, like unlocked interactions/activities dependent on traits. I think that traits add another dimension to sims' personalities and I look forward to seeing future mods which utilise the traits in different ways.

Is there a list anywhere of all of the mods which utilise the 3t2 traits? I don't want to miss any! :-)
Alchemist
#49 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 5:57 PM
I don't know of a list, but I'm curious about the mods you've seen. Do you remember where they were posted? I know of some, but not sixteen.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I don't know of a list, but I'm curious about the mods you've seen. Do you remember where they were posted? I know of some, but not sixteen.

It isn't 16 mods, but it is mods which affect a total of 16 of the traits. Most of them can be found here in Hexagonal-Bipyramid's "Trait System" tag on Tumblr. There is also a drinkable poison mod which utilises the Lucky/Unlucky traits but I can't remember who made it - I saw it on Tumblr a week or two ago (I think!).

**ETA** I found the poison!

The traits which are utilised are: Athletic, Charismatic, Childish, Couch Potato, Disciplined, Dislikes Children, Family Oriented, Good Sense of Humour, Heavy Sleeper, Hydrophobic, Light Sleeper, Loves To Swim, Lucky, No Sense Of Humour, Nurturing and Unlucky.
Page 2 of 3