Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:07 PM
Default Help with s4pe!
Hi guys!
I'd just recently discovered s4pe while finding out how to change non-default eyes (facepaint) to default ones (CAS Part Swatch). I've learned how to do it except I find that converting each and every RLE2 to a .DDS individually, such a tedious and time-consuming process. The eyes that I'm converting has almost 40 swatches (I think) and so far I've done 20 in the course of 30 minutes and my hands hurt a lil' bit . Does anyone know how to convert the RLE2 files to .DDS in batch? It would really help me!
Thank you so much!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 8:43 AM
This would be better of being posted in the modding section. Someone will be better equipped to help you there.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 12:06 PM
I think you can batch-extract files in S4PE, and I think files with pictures in them save as DDS, but I'm not sure. I think it's possible to extract textures as DDS, so it would just be a matter of replacing them.

There's a batch-tool in Photoshop that can either run one particular task, or an action set. I've often used it to convert RAW camera files to JPG or some such. Just open on of the files and make an action that does what you want. Then you put all the files you want to convert into a folder, find the batch tool, and set it to run the action on the files in that folder. No idea if the RLE2 files can be opened with Photoshop, though. You may need a DDS plugin, too.