Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 1:23 AM Last edited by simsample : 20th Nov 2023 at 8:07 PM.
Default inZOI- KRAFTON: New life simulation game

This game looks lovely, from Krafton:
https://gstar.krafton.com/

Quote:
Please check out the in-game footage of inZOI, a life simulation game where players become gods within the game, allowing them to change everything as they wish and experience endless new stories in various forms of life. (*This video is from the development stage.)

For more details, please visit the official KRAFTON G-STAR 2023 website.

Quote:
inZOI: A place where your own story unfolds!
Do you have a life you've always dreamed of? Do you need a unique experience that blurs the line between reality and imagination?
In "inZOI" you can freely control the world like a god and make your ideal life a reality.
Also, rather than simply living the life given to you, you can become the protagonist who leads the life you want.
It's time to create your own story at "inZOI", where infinite possibilities await!

I can't see any info as to whether this will be an online, offline, single or multiplayer game- perhaps someone who reads Korean better than I do can tell? This is the publisher who also made the PUBG game.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 1:32 AM
WOW this looks very interesting! Thank you for posting!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 1:44 AM
I just noticed someone made a thread about it on reddit too; apparently the characters are called Zois!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeByYou/comments/17txxzg
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 6:56 AM
Now this is finally looking more like I hoped Sims 4 or 5 would look like instead of what we got (and will get for 5/Rene). I hope it'll also be released in English too because from the upcoming life simulators this one is literally the only one that looks appealing to me at all.
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 9:14 AM
I watched Acottonsock's video about this. It was kind of interesting at first, then the BS started.

There are cars and bicycles, but a player can't use them.

Babies can be home by themselves all the time without sitter or caretaker of any kind. They just whip out a bottle from their inventory and feed themselves and stay wherever a player plunks them. A fancy version of object babies.

There are no consequences for death. Like TS4, when a family member dies, life goes on for the rest of the household like nothing happened.

Blech! No thanks. I suspect we're going to see lots of copycat games that on the surface look like life simulators, but they're really not. Devs only show the bits that will grab attention, but there is little to no substance beyond that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Blech! No thanks. I suspect we're going to see lots of copycat games that on the surface look like life simulators, but they're really not. Devs only show the bits that will grab attention, but there is little to no substance beyond that.

What we've seen so far is just early stuff; I can't see that they've given a projected release date anywhere, so there's likely a lot of development in the works. It seems that these developers are taking a different approach from Paradox, and are focusing on primarily advertising the appearance of the game before the mechanics. Paradox have suffered criticism for the appearance of LifeByYou, but their main focus is the moddability and function of the game.

Two different approaches, it will be interesting to seethe released game from both!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 2:09 PM
Again, it looks like they don't actually talk? What is it with the reluctance to have virtual people speak instead of text each other?
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 3:57 PM
Krafton is huge in South Korea, primarily from making mobile games. I expect microtransactions up the wazoo. South Korean gaming companies pretty much invented that monetization. Oh they made PUBG too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Krafton is huge in South Korea, primarily from making mobile games. I expect microtransactions up the wazoo. South Korean gaming companies pretty much invented that monetization.

Maybe it will become something like SecondLife? I really hope they release some details soon!
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 4:31 PM
The environments look incredible, exactly the kind of detail I'd want in a future iteration of The Sims but know we'll never see it. The characters are slightly off putting to me as they're verging on uncanny valley, especially in the character creator parts, but I still appreciate the push towards a realistic style. It'll be interesting to see how this develops, as it will be with other games in development like Life By You.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
It'll be interesting to see how this develops, as it will be with other games in development like Life By You.

I can't think of any time when we've had so many life simulation games in the pipelines. Very exciting!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 7:05 PM
I am very interested in watching this so far. There are many things that need work but this is early in development as said. In some ways it almost looks too real. So many new games on the horizon, each with strengths and each with weaknesses.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Nov 2023 at 9:53 PM
Ultimately, no matter if this is good or bad people will be comparing it to Sims franchise and hopefully asking "inZOI has weather and cats and all these things straight out of the box, why can't Sims do the same?" and maybe it'll push EA to be bit more ambitious with Sims 5 when it'll finally release in like 2040. Though to be realistic, EA knows that people will buy Sims because it's Sims even if it only came with adult sims and few clothes/hair/build items with everything else locked behind their own version of in-game-store anyway so it's not like they need to do better. I just don't see this community stomping their feet down and asking to be treated better so pets and weather will definitely be sold separately as usual in the future too.

Generally I'm just happy there's more competition and options. Now I can look forward to this one since it looks gorgeous to me while others can look forward to Paralives, Vivaland or Life by You depending on which one appeals to you in particular the best. Or I guess for Project Rene but it seems most people have already written it off as garbage lol.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Generally I'm just happy there's more competition and options. Now I can look forward to this one since it looks gorgeous to me while others can look forward to Paralives, Vivaland or Life by You depending on which one appeals to you in particular the best. Or I guess for Project Rene but it seems most people have already written it off as garbage lol.

I think the 12s may want Renee but I ain't 12. I want to keep an eye on this and Viva and LBY. Paralives has zero appeal to me now.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Maybe it will become something like SecondLife? I really hope they release some details soon!

One of the creators mentioned that the devs plan co-op in one of her answers to the comments, so that does not seem to imply massive servers like Second Life. But beyond this there is not much known. Nothing so far about who can host the server, if there will be mod support etc. I just expect microtransactions, because they made billions (no typo!) from microtransactions in PUBG mobile.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 1:30 PM
You speak truth. I've been hovering on the brink of writing off The Sims for a while now. When they released For Rent I decided I am done. All they've done is unlocked a few more features of the same apartment engine we've had for a while and charge another $40. Just like they recycle clothes and furniture mesh over and over and just slap a different texture on it and call it "new content." I'm a little ashamed of myself for the money I've given them hoping this pack may actually offer something new. It's ridiculous.

I just watched a sneak peak at the inZOI and it blows The Sims out of the water so far. Don't know much about gameplay yet, but so far, so good. I just hope it comes out in a reasonable amount of time.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 5:11 PM
It's amazing how every other life simulator out there understands the importance of a friggin GROCERY STORE. In TS4, at best, you have to painstakingly set one up with Get To Work or have groceries delivered with Cottage Living. The ignore the most basic of concepts, but will give you another toilet.

This make the Sims 4 base game look weak, frame rate issues aside. I want to see more from it as time goes on.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Again, it looks like they don't actually talk? What is it with the reluctance to have virtual people speak instead of text each other?

They did speak in the original video at the end though. What’s wrong with texting one another? Sims always from day 2 let you known what they’re up for or what they are thinking of your Sim via notification text.

Although, I do suggest if players could remove/add the phone with a click of a button or two, and ways of change settings if they do receive phone calls or silent message notifications.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#19 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's amazing how every other life simulator out there understands the importance of a friggin GROCERY STORE. In TS4, at best, you have to painstakingly set one up with Get To Work or have groceries delivered with Cottage Living. The ignore the most basic of concepts, but will give you another toilet..

Including a talking toilet.

I loved all of the retail lots in The Sims 1 and The Sims 2, and having sims visit them to get things they need. It certainly hasn't been the same in TS3 and 4. Now these features tend to be added more as lots your sim runs instead of visits. Thus it can be a little weird to create lots without a sim your playing to own it. =/ Also, there's stuff like The Sims 3 World Adventures where there is a store, but only functions through the register instead of having selectable physical items on the lot. LBY seems to be going down a similar road to that and that's sad for me.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 3:59 AM Last edited by kirabook : 15th Nov 2023 at 4:44 AM.
I get a lot of SecondLife vibes from this game. A single player version of that I mean. I think this is gonna be a huge huge hit for the super alpha crowd and the ones who pose their sims rather than the ones who do a full playthrough, if that makes sense. (At least, until some of the gameplay gets a little more depth in some areas)

It's nice to see they already have some base features in game though not very fleshed out. Like family play. Also getting hit by a car is pretty hilarious.

I think this will be fierce competition for Life by You who is aiming for the same crowd but doesn't have the visual appeal of this even if their game mechanics are more fleshed out in some areas. Also curious how they've done all this in only a year. I wonder how big their team is. Definitely bigger than Paralives. Even though LBY is backed by Paradox, potentially bigger than their team too.

All that said... not sure if I'd play it. I kinda smell microtransactions in its future. And as weird as it sounds... it's a bit too on the realism side for me. It doesn't fall into the uncanny valley but I guess I'm just not a super alpha fan? Not surprising I guess since I tend to stick to "maxis-match" when I play Sims 3 and don't get CC that's trying too hard to make the Sims look "real".

Depending on the price, I might pick up it, but it'll be on the back burner. It feels a little too fixed dollhouse for me with the environment/world.

Man, it's like The Sims 4 opened a can of worms and real potential life sims are finally here to give it some competition. I wonder if other companies were inspired by Paralives at least a little bit. Paralives got popular and so much patreon support so fast. I wonder if larger companies saw that and were like "Ok if they're giving this much money to a solo dev indie game of all things, maybe there is a market for life sim games other than the sims after all."

Even if I don't get around to play all of them a lot or at all, I'm so glad more life sims exist other than EA's monopoly.

Edit: Something things I forgot... don't like the ai integration. That's sketchy. But whatever.

Also, I wonder if since they're a korean based company if they don't have to worry about US based patents? EA has patented the ability to drag and adjust face and body parts. Paralives narrowly avoided some legal trouble after learning this and had to take it out and find a work around. So I wonder if they just haven't run into that issue yet or they don't have to worry about EA lawyers.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 10:27 AM
It has always seemed strange to me that the asian market has not tried to copy the sims. Although it is true that their games tend to be mediocre xD I suppose that now that simulation is a trend again they are going to try it... I hope it is not a micro-transaction style game without real simulation, as they say above. xd
Theorist
#22 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook

Even if I don't get around to play all of them a lot or at all, I'm so glad more life sims exist other than EA's monopoly.

I'm all for competition, but there is a clear line between quality and quantity.

I think most people can agree that just because there is a lot of something does not mean all those things are worthy of a person's time, money, attention, ect. What is considered quality is of course all in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think just the fact that this game might some day be released to the masses and will exist automatically makes it a step up from what EA is doing; good for them.

It is no secret that I'm not a fan of EA, but I'm also not going to throw money at all these games as a means of thumbing my nose at EA. EA hasn't seen money from me in a long time, I don't need to spend money elsewhere to make my point. Does EA care? Absolutely not. They get billions from shareholders, they don't give a fig what players think. Whales will always get some extra attention, but that is a whole other discussion.

If people are happy with what they see from this game, cool. If people don't like any of the other 'life simulator' games that supposed to come out, I don't care. None of it matters, it isn't deep. They're video games...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 2:51 PM
I will admit. Graphics looks something that actually does look really good. We can’t deny that it certaintly looks way better like a huge leap from TS2 and not ending up puddibg face like TS3. Now, if ir gets TS5 feel of gameplay (like actual concept if TS5, not what EA mentioned so far and made out of Renee), then it may end up being a new successor world-selling hit, easily squashing TS Series and all competition we have now (Paralives in art style department doesn’t have a chance, LBY going TS3 route, Vivaland or something - still not on par look). I think even on popular opinion before TS4 fandom wanted the graphics to be a mix of GTA5 - and this is what it definitetly gives. This is the main and winning strength inZoin has in regards to simulation genre. I would certaintly choose this if I had to pick between TS4 or It (unless I was iin the mood to build, cuz it doesn’t seem refined system). But as of right now state, I’ll probably pick paralives or LBY if I needed something out of gameplay.

My only doubt and skepticism (which I may be ignorant, as my knowledge on computers is lackinv), is that the heavy resource requiring to run complex simulation and said graphics could dnd be doing too draining and possibke even not possibke to pull off a game that will give and feed the players the cake at the same time.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 2:57 PM
I think there's only about 3 or 4 games so far that have real potential in this genre so far. We don't have a Flappy Bird situation where everyone and their mother saw its success and asset flipped the heck out of it and spewed it all over the mobile app stores. 3 or 4 that have been developing over the last 5 years imo is a reasonable number. We can't know how good these games will be or their longevity until we have the games in our hands. And there's always the potential for some of them to fall through before they even hit the market.

I'm not saying everyone should throw money at every life sim project coming to market soon. I'm not sure if I'll be getting this one right away. I don't have much interest in Vivaland. The launch of Cities Skylines 2 gave me doubts about getting early access for LBY right away. The only one I'm super invested in right now is Paralives.

I will still watch and cheer on other companies actually trying to put a game together. None of the prominent ones so far are cheap asset flips. They're all a bit too complex at this point to be just trying to cash in on the life sim market, average simmers have high expectations. As long as people have a surface level understanding of how game dev works, the sims community won't throw money at whatever comes their way. I mean, some will. There was a big scam a few years ago that a lot of them fell into because "Paralives is too cartoony, this realistic one is better!" and in that case they just need to be informed. Unlike that scam game from a few years ago, this one is being worked on by a legitimate company for example.

I think people also shouldn't feel obligated to get each one for the sake of "getting back at EA". Honestly who cares about EA at this point. My joy isn't because I want to see EA's downfall. My joy is from the fact that I love simulation games of all kinds. For the longest time, The Sims was the only detailed life sim out there.

Now people like me have options. Do you like an alpha realistic look? LBY and this game are likely for you (and Vivaland I guess)
Not necessarily looking for super realism but still properly proportioned people? Paralives may be the go to.
Like pixel art and looking for something more simple? Maybe Tiny Life is up your alley
Miss those MySims games back in the days of DS? Little Sim World is just for you

So far, I've played two of these games. Little Sim World is super cute and I still play it for a little bit now and then to see how far it's come, but it's not my cup of tea. I never played the original MySims games either
Tiny Life is brand new and still a bit simple for my tastes, but if the dev keeps going then it has a bright future.
I'm really looking forward to playing Paralives from all that I've seen and it's the one I'm most excited for.

As for all the rest, I will watch how they go and continue to show support. I don't want other companies to get spooked and give up before they've ever started trying. None of this will effect EA's bottom line. Many simmers will stick to The Sims and never play another life sim game in their lives. But in the grand scheme of things, that's irrelevant.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 3:15 PM
Simmers will stick to The Sims for as long as there are the only prevelant games they can get their hands on and play. Once something better is released and surpassss expectations, the fandom will shift over. Once TS4 ends, it will be struggle to install it along with older additions in 20-50 years later. Nobody is leaving away or slowly playing less of it because right now its not physically possible, there’s no where to move. I just don’t agree on the “many” part and your argument why they stick, as games do change over the years, technology too which is why many simmers I read that aren’t tech savvy miss and can’t play older games because they cant install on newer software without incompability errors popping, and even aside that - interest change also. I would argue that diehards simmers will stick, which are very few, and simmers who don’t care about the name will be open minded to try games fron different company but try to contend with life simulation. Some quarter, yes will play The Sims more often than other games, but I feel like the actual magority will shift away if they get something akin to City Skyliness >> SimCity case.

Page 1 of 5